THE INTREPIDS & THE INSTITUTION WEBPAGE

It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ninjitsu
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:22 am 

I’m thinking of creating a Stalker.

Has anyone played with the Ninjitsu set?
http://wiki.cohtitan.com/wiki/Ninjitsu

It looks like it could work well.

I would try Claws or Spines....Claws is my first choice at the moment.

Any advice? [smilie=thinking.gif]

Post subject: Re: Ninjitsu
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:29 am 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

I have a little ninjitsu stalker only lvl6 or so but so far its fun the nice thing about it is that by lvl 4 you can have def to Melee, ranged and AOE and while your def wont be as high as Super reflexes you do get a nice self heal and some tricks.

Also try pestering Blast or X for build tips im sure they both have high lvl Nin toons

Angus(1), Mr Meccano(9), Hard Target(5), Big Zero(18), Anubis(9), Dummy(1)

CoH Globals: @MESS or @TRASH
Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians
Tainted Mess (50) Brute, TRASH (50) Brute, Magmite (50) Brute, Smelt Furnace (50) Brute

The rest of my Alts

Twitter (don't expect me to update it)

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:01 pm 

Mess wrote:
Also try pestering Blast or X for build tips im sure they both have high lvl Nin toons

Guilty :oops:

Hi Betty. Blast has lvl 50 ninjitsu - not sure which primary though. It's not Energy Melee though. I got to admit I love stalkers - primarly cos they're easy to level if you're stuck solo and always entertaining too - but they can be a nightmare in small teams but add great high level damage in big teams. I have a claws/regen (ShadowBaby at lvl 42), a Energy Melee/Energy Aura (Cloak, also 42) and newer Energy Melee/Ninjitsu (IonFist) - which I decided would be my Ultimate stalker.

But you're right: Nijitsu is great fun. The self-heal you get (Kuji-In Sha) from level 20 is fantastic and cheap to run (in contrast to Dark Regeneration from Dark). The two defence toggles are also fairly end-light too and you get a whole bag of useful tricks too (caltrops, smoke flash, perception, two placates and a confuse) make you a virtual magician and really tricky dude (or dudette). The combination of tricks and low end usage means you can go toe-to-toe with high-level bosses too - which you can't always do with other secondaries. Highly recommended.

Personally, I decided that Energy Melee had to be the ultimate primary for a stalker though (except for the naff stalker strike) as you also gain a boss-level stun and you can three hit kill a three-man mob once you pick up Total Focus (at lvl 32) and have added some damage SOs). You just fire Build Up and fire off your AS, Energy Transfer then Total Focus and you have 3 dead critters at your feat. If you take any damage at all you just heal yourself and move on. Great. I very rarely, solo at least, use any of the the other powers.

Have fun. :D

EDIT: Sorry I very much like my claws/regen too but shear blitx damage and self-heal ability EM/Nijitsu much better. Claws looks great though and has the coolest AS - which does count! :)

[b]MrX Heroes: MrX Lvl 50 warshade. | MIND0R Lvl 50 mind/emp troll | The-Messenger Lvl 50 BS/regen scrap | Covert Lvl 42 kin/pys def | .Relic Lvl 42 illu/emp troll | Havoc Lvl 42 kin/elec def | The-Elemental Lvl 39 storm/dark def | Unsung Lvl 38 dark/regen scrap | WRENCH Lvl 34 shield/wrench tank | The Watcher Lvl 15 earth/rad troller | Villains: FR0STBITE Lvl 50 ice/kin corr | Dark-X Lvl 47 dark/stone brute | N'Ice Lvl 42 ice/rad corr | Vortex Lvl 42 robotics/storm MM | ShadowBaby Lvl 41 claws/regen stalk | The Cloak Lvl 41 energy/energy stalk | Thang Lvl 39 robotics/FF MM | IonFist Lvl 34 energy/ninjitsu stalk | The Somnabulist Lvl 33 dark/nec MM | Mr Kripplin Lvl 32 rad/rad corr | M0RBIUS Lvl 20 necro/poison MM | The Infrigidator Lvl 20 ice/cold corr

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:38 pm 
Site Admin

My stalker is Ninja Blade/Ninjitsu and he's great both on PvP & PvE.

Thinking that you're only interested in PvE play Betty, I can easily say that Ninjitsu is better than Super Reflexes. I accept, as Mess also mentions, that SR provides higher defence values, but it's not a significant difference. Ninjitsu survives longer with uninterrupted self-heal and special gadgets included on the set.

When it comes to the play SR is dull, you only have defence autos or toggles. Ninjitsu offers many powers which may affect your game style, so you can come up with different builds.

I agree with the following remark, I guess Ebon made it at the time: SR is just a quick copy& paste of a scrapper secondary for stalkers. However, Ninjitsu is a set designed specifically for stalkers.

I wouldn't try another secondary if I created a second stalker, I would have only changed the primary. And as for primary, here's my preference:

1)A weapon set (Ninja Blade or Dual Blades) both for concept and visual purpose (Unlockable blades, they're just great).

2)Martial Arts, Energy Melee or Electrical Melee for higher single damage.

3)Dark Melee for synergy. Slow damage but the -tohit debuff aspect of Dark Melee would virtually render you untouchable.

I personally find Claws very weak in damage and Spines not designed for stalkers.

The Intrepids:
Blastor-Level 50 Energy/Fire/Electrical Blaster, Dr. Blast-Level 50 Robotics/Force Field/Mace Mastermind, Holy Blast-Level 50 Peacebringer, Blasting Spines-Level 50 Spines/Regeneration/Body Scrapper, Heatblast-Level 50 Invulnerability/Fiery/Pyre Tanker, Fire Blast-Level 50 Fire/Kinetics/Leviathan Corruptor, Thunder Steel-Level 50 Ninja/Ninjitsu/Mu Stalker, Israfel the Fallen-Level 50 Sonic/Thermal/Dark Corruptor, Blastor Ascended-Level 50 Psychic/Energy/Force Blaster, Fright-Level 50 Kinetic/Dark Armour/Energy Brute, Calibro-Level 50 Dual Pistols/Radiation/Power Corruptor, Nlidia-Level 50 Gravity/Storm/Ice Controller.

The Institution:
Admiral Blast-Level 50 Energy/Energy/Mace Brute, Darkest Blast-Level 50 Mind/Psionic/Leviathan Dominator, Arbiter Blast-Level 50 Crab/Mace Arachnos Soldier, Unmerciful Steel-Level 50 Dual Blades/Willpower/Soul Brute, Mind Blaster-Level 50 Dark Miasma/Psychic/Psychic Defender, Blastor Reborn-Level 50 Ice/Electric/Force Blaster, Superiora-Level 50 Invulnerability/Super Strength/Energy Tanker, Gaia Queen-Level 50 Plant/Empathy/Stone Controller, Shadow Seer-Level 50 Fortunata/Soul Arachnos Widow, Zamana-Level 50 Time/Beam Rifle Defender, Wild Raven-Level 50 Will Power/Street Justice/Energy Tanker, Nlador-Level 50 Titan/Fiery Brute.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:51 am 

Blastor wrote:
here's my preference:

1)A weapon set (Ninja Blade or Dual Blades) both for concept and visual purpose (Unlockable blades, they're just great).

2)Martial Arts, Energy Melee or Electrical Melee for higher single damage.

3)Dark Melee for synergy. Slow damage but the -tohit debuff aspect of Dark Melee would virtually render you untouchable.

I personally find Claws very weak in damage and Spines not designed for stalkers.

Thanks for all the advice :D I've rolled up a Claws/Ninitsu.

I went for Claws because:
a) I've not played the claws set above level 16
b) Blades sets combined with Ninjitsu seems so "common/obvious" :-s
c) I've played Dark Melee to 50 (nice set, but i want something new)
d) If claws is weak in damage then good....it will take me longer to get to 50 and any delay is appreciated!! :mrgreen: I like to make progress, but i want to go slow :D
e) Claws fit with the creature concept

So... Reeou is born. Funny name i know but it seemed fitting for a creature type character. I haven't played her yet (AP dragged me off to Rob a ba....ahem.....bet on the horses), but i look forward to it!

Thanks all =D>

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:15 am 

I'm sure it will be great Betty. The Claws AS animation is particularly satisfying. :D

Bon chance!

[b]MrX Heroes: MrX Lvl 50 warshade. | MIND0R Lvl 50 mind/emp troll | The-Messenger Lvl 50 BS/regen scrap | Covert Lvl 42 kin/pys def | .Relic Lvl 42 illu/emp troll | Havoc Lvl 42 kin/elec def | The-Elemental Lvl 39 storm/dark def | Unsung Lvl 38 dark/regen scrap | WRENCH Lvl 34 shield/wrench tank | The Watcher Lvl 15 earth/rad troller | Villains: FR0STBITE Lvl 50 ice/kin corr | Dark-X Lvl 47 dark/stone brute | N'Ice Lvl 42 ice/rad corr | Vortex Lvl 42 robotics/storm MM | ShadowBaby Lvl 41 claws/regen stalk | The Cloak Lvl 41 energy/energy stalk | Thang Lvl 39 robotics/FF MM | IonFist Lvl 34 energy/ninjitsu stalk | The Somnabulist Lvl 33 dark/nec MM | Mr Kripplin Lvl 32 rad/rad corr | M0RBIUS Lvl 20 necro/poison MM | The Infrigidator Lvl 20 ice/cold corr

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:51 pm 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

Claws is indeed a fun set i have it on cyber and its great fun it even makes up for the crappy ness of elec armour to some degree.

If your starting out a new low level villian maybe we can team up some time as i've not long started a couple of difrent dominators and well i allways have a brute stashed soem where :D

Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians
Tainted Mess (50) Brute, TRASH (50) Brute, Magmite (50) Brute, Smelt Furnace (50) Brute

The rest of my Alts

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:18 pm 

Mess wrote:
If your starting out a new low level villian maybe we can team up some time

I'll try and join ya too Mess/Betty. Dispite my best efforts to complete toons I feel another toon coming on ...

Not sure what though. I tempted to do another MM but should do something different. I was thinking of doing a new toon call the Speaker and shouting ORDER, ORDER every couple of minutes - but that probably wouldn't have been very funny anyway!

Would like to do something "completely different" :?

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:26 pm 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

have you tried dominators yet?

Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians

The rest of my Alts

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:13 pm 

Mess wrote:
have you tried dominators yet?

Not much Mess. I had a mind/something on the go but ... he didn't go far! :D

Logging on a second with some name ideas I had ...

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:15 am 

Level 3 ....... Weeeeeee! :mrgreen:

One death (Christened at 5 pips in) and lots of fun :lol: