THE INTREPIDS & THE INSTITUTION WEBPAGE

It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: I13 has a name change
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:05 pm 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

http://uk.cityofheroes.com/game-guide/feature-updates/issue_13_power_and_responsibility/

all i can say is woooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote:
Multiple Builds
Another character customisation option and City of Heroes innovation, Issue 13 delivers the ability to have two different build-outs for each character, including which powers are selected and which Enhancements are slotted. With this feature it will now be possible for all characters to diversify their game experience by visiting any Trainer and switching the entire build of their character to an alternate one. You can use this separate build for whatever you like: if you wish to use different power selections for soloing and groups, you can do that. This even makes it possible to have different sets slotted for PVP and PVE. This new system gives characters the added depth and flexibility to tackle any challenge!

and even more wooooooooooooooooooo

Quote:
Levelling Pact
A new innovation to MMOs, this system allows you and a friend to create new characters and have your XP permanently in sync, whether both characters are online or not. You will always be the same level, even if your friend plays ten times more often than you do! It’s sort of like “Extreme Sidekicking.”

Angus(1), Mr Meccano(9), Hard Target(5), Big Zero(18), Anubis(9), Dummy(1)

CoH Globals: @MESS or @TRASH
Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians
Tainted Mess (50) Brute, TRASH (50) Brute, Magmite (50) Brute, Smelt Furnace (50) Brute

The rest of my Alts

Twitter (don't expect me to update it)

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!

Post subject: Re: I13 has a name change
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:45 pm 

Yeah i've just been reading that and came over to post it :mrgreen: You beat me to it!

I like the idea of Multi Builds, will save me having to keep respeccing my Badgehunter :D

The Levelling pact is a sweet idea too, though i don't know if i will ever get to use it. Those with two accounts can now level thier alts to 50 without even logging the alt on!! :shock: I'm a bit surprised at this. My concern is that if i had two accounts (i dont) then i could make two alts and just play one all the way to level 50. The other alt would reach 50 without me ever playing it.... i wouldnt know anything about how best to play that powerset? :? Could this mean we will see lots of level 50's around that have not got experience in playing the power set? 8-[

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:19 pm 

He he Betty. I just noticed that one (Levelling Pact). It does seem almost extravagent and designed to get people opening second accounts. I can't help wandering at what lvl you can enter into the pact and if/how you change it. It would seem daft and highly illogical to allow a lvl 50 to pact with a new toon so will it only apply to new lvl 1 toons, or within 5 lvls, or something? I hope they've thought that one through but I'm going to look forward to teaming more now! :D

[b]MrX Heroes: MrX Lvl 50 warshade. | MIND0R Lvl 50 mind/emp troll | The-Messenger Lvl 50 BS/regen scrap | Covert Lvl 42 kin/pys def | .Relic Lvl 42 illu/emp troll | Havoc Lvl 42 kin/elec def | The-Elemental Lvl 39 storm/dark def | Unsung Lvl 38 dark/regen scrap | WRENCH Lvl 34 shield/wrench tank | The Watcher Lvl 15 earth/rad troller | Villains: FR0STBITE Lvl 50 ice/kin corr | Dark-X Lvl 47 dark/stone brute | N'Ice Lvl 42 ice/rad corr | Vortex Lvl 42 robotics/storm MM | ShadowBaby Lvl 41 claws/regen stalk | The Cloak Lvl 41 energy/energy stalk | Thang Lvl 39 robotics/FF MM | IonFist Lvl 34 energy/ninjitsu stalk | The Somnabulist Lvl 33 dark/nec MM | Mr Kripplin Lvl 32 rad/rad corr | M0RBIUS Lvl 20 necro/poison MM | The Infrigidator Lvl 20 ice/cold corr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:18 pm 
Site Admin

All new features are good in my opinion, however, I'm a bit uneasy about the Level Pack. I always defended CoX against other MMORPGs with its simplicity and easy-playing, but this is getting simplicity to the extreme. I know people can develop PL'd lvl50s within 3 days, but even in that case, there's a little effort spent for the purpose. But now, each 2 account owner (and I'm part 2 account owner with Mono's account) will have a bonus lvl50 everytime they hit lvl50 with one account.

But at the end, this doesn't affect mine or anyone else's game, so I'm ok with it...

Btw, I still expect my personal apartment and mail system in coming issues :)...

The Intrepids:
Blastor-Level 50 Energy/Fire/Electrical Blaster, Dr. Blast-Level 50 Robotics/Force Field/Mace Mastermind, Holy Blast-Level 50 Peacebringer, Blasting Spines-Level 50 Spines/Regeneration/Body Scrapper, Heatblast-Level 50 Invulnerability/Fiery/Pyre Tanker, Fire Blast-Level 50 Fire/Kinetics/Leviathan Corruptor, Thunder Steel-Level 50 Ninja/Ninjitsu/Mu Stalker, Israfel the Fallen-Level 50 Sonic/Thermal/Dark Corruptor, Blastor Ascended-Level 50 Psychic/Energy/Force Blaster, Fright-Level 50 Kinetic/Dark Armour/Energy Brute, Calibro-Level 50 Dual Pistols/Radiation/Power Corruptor, Nlidia-Level 50 Gravity/Storm/Ice Controller.

The Institution:
Admiral Blast-Level 50 Energy/Energy/Mace Brute, Darkest Blast-Level 50 Mind/Psionic/Leviathan Dominator, Arbiter Blast-Level 50 Crab/Mace Arachnos Soldier, Unmerciful Steel-Level 50 Dual Blades/Willpower/Soul Brute, Mind Blaster-Level 50 Dark Miasma/Psychic/Psychic Defender, Blastor Reborn-Level 50 Ice/Electric/Force Blaster, Superiora-Level 50 Invulnerability/Super Strength/Energy Tanker, Gaia Queen-Level 50 Plant/Empathy/Stone Controller, Shadow Seer-Level 50 Fortunata/Soul Arachnos Widow, Zamana-Level 50 Time/Beam Rifle Defender, Wild Raven-Level 50 Will Power/Street Justice/Energy Tanker, Nlador-Level 50 Titan/Fiery Brute.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:24 am 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

post from pohsyb explains how the pact works

Quote:
Here is the gist of how this works, when players enter the leveling pact (level 5 and below) their experience is all flattened to whoever was the lowest. Any incoming experience to any member is effectively split by the member count of the pact (which we are limiting to 2 initially). From that point foward, all members will have the exact same experience and always be the exact same level. If player A logs out and lets player B do all the work, it will take player B twice as long.

The reason I wanted this is because I've started other games with a group of friends, only to have our tight-knit party fall apart because of differing levels of commitment. I imagine I'm not the only person to create an alt for every combination of friends. Hopefully the 2 person pact won't have any serious problems and we will be able to expand it to full team size.

Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians
Tainted Mess (50) Brute, TRASH (50) Brute, Magmite (50) Brute, Smelt Furnace (50) Brute

The rest of my Alts

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:28 am 
The Little Manic

CoH was already amazing for teaming and this is pushing it to a whole new level.
One is very happy! :)

Zos

Level 50s in CoH - @zoser
Zoser (main), ElectroCute, CopyCatz, Fire.Fly, PaintItBlack, Kid Aurora, LittleJoe, Zoserino, Star.Born, Starchild, and Lightning.Strike

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:57 am 

Quote:
Any incoming experience to any member is effectively split by the member count of the pact (which we are limiting to 2 initially). From that point foward, all members will have the exact same experience and always be the exact same level. If player A logs out and lets player B do all the work, it will take player B twice as long.

Good. :D

So.... shame it' not team pact... We could create an awesome Intrepids pact team and not worry if someone was on holiday for a week :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:47 am 
Professor

Looking good :)

I really like the Team Pact idea... especially now there are a few more details which indicate to me that they are thinking sensibly about how to avoid exploitation.

It's a shame that it's limited to duo'ing initially, although hopefully it will quickly be expanded. We've often in the Intrepids had our informal 'agreement' teams. With this mechanic expanded to full team size we could do them properly :D

Official Chiefette Translator
----------------------------------
Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker
Synaptic Pulse lvl25 Defender

Legends
Ebon Hawk (Claws/Regen Scrapper)
Girl Fusion (Empathy/Rad Blast Defender)
Zenobia Blade (Broadsword/Shield/Blaze Scrapper)
Pyrokyne (Fire/Kin/Mu Corruptor)
Blaize of Glory (Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster)
Silver Falcon (Tri-form Peacebringer)
Second Sun (Fire/Rad Controller)

Institution
Bitter Blizzard lvl 50 Corruptor
Taze lvl 17 Brute

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:17 am 

Ebon Hawk wrote:
I really like the Team Pact idea...

Yep. That's more sensible to half the (or share the duo levelling) but a Team Pact idea would be great. On the other new features I do like the Shield power with an element of team defence. I presume that it not one big mother-f***** of a shield that everyone has to stand behind. :D

Captain America' here I come!!!

[b]MrX Heroes: MrX Lvl 50 warshade. | MIND0R Lvl 50 mind/emp troll | The-Messenger Lvl 50 BS/regen scrap | Covert Lvl 42 kin/pys def | .Relic Lvl 42 illu/emp troll | Havoc Lvl 42 kin/elec def | The-Elemental Lvl 39 storm/dark def | Unsung Lvl 38 dark/regen scrap | WRENCH Lvl 34 shield/wrench tank | The Watcher Lvl 15 earth/rad troller | Villains: FR0STBITE Lvl 50 ice/kin corr | Dark-X Lvl 47 dark/stone brute | N'Ice Lvl 42 ice/rad corr | Vortex Lvl 42 robotics/storm MM | ShadowBaby Lvl 41 claws/regen stalk | The Cloak Lvl 41 energy/energy stalk | Thang Lvl 39 robotics/FF MM | IonFist Lvl 34 energy/ninjitsu stalk | The Somnabulist Lvl 33 dark/nec MM | Mr Kripplin Lvl 32 rad/rad corr | M0RBIUS Lvl 20 necro/poison MM | The Infrigidator Lvl 20 ice/cold corr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:21 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
If player A logs out and lets player B do all the work, it will take player B twice as long.

Now it make sense...

The Intrepids:
Blastor-Level 50 Energy/Fire/Electrical Blaster, Dr. Blast-Level 50 Robotics/Force Field/Mace Mastermind, Holy Blast-Level 50 Peacebringer, Blasting Spines-Level 50 Spines/Regeneration/Body Scrapper, Heatblast-Level 50 Invulnerability/Fiery/Pyre Tanker, Fire Blast-Level 50 Fire/Kinetics/Leviathan Corruptor, Thunder Steel-Level 50 Ninja/Ninjitsu/Mu Stalker, Israfel the Fallen-Level 50 Sonic/Thermal/Dark Corruptor, Blastor Ascended-Level 50 Psychic/Energy/Force Blaster, Fright-Level 50 Kinetic/Dark Armour/Energy Brute, Calibro-Level 50 Dual Pistols/Radiation/Power Corruptor, Nlidia-Level 50 Gravity/Storm/Ice Controller.

The Institution:
Admiral Blast-Level 50 Energy/Energy/Mace Brute, Darkest Blast-Level 50 Mind/Psionic/Leviathan Dominator, Arbiter Blast-Level 50 Crab/Mace Arachnos Soldier, Unmerciful Steel-Level 50 Dual Blades/Willpower/Soul Brute, Mind Blaster-Level 50 Dark Miasma/Psychic/Psychic Defender, Blastor Reborn-Level 50 Ice/Electric/Force Blaster, Superiora-Level 50 Invulnerability/Super Strength/Energy Tanker, Gaia Queen-Level 50 Plant/Empathy/Stone Controller, Shadow Seer-Level 50 Fortunata/Soul Arachnos Widow, Zamana-Level 50 Time/Beam Rifle Defender, Wild Raven-Level 50 Will Power/Street Justice/Energy Tanker, Nlador-Level 50 Titan/Fiery Brute.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:57 am 
The Little Manic

MrX wrote:
Captain America' here I come!!!

Soon to be GenericHero192273, I'm afraid. :shock:
There are loads of people reporting these days - and NCSOFT will have to be careful with Marvel, these guys like to sue ...

Zos

Zoser (main), ElectroCute, CopyCatz, Fire.Fly, PaintItBlack, Kid Aurora, LittleJoe, Zoserino, Star.Born, Starchild, and Lightning.Strike

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:01 pm 

I quote GhostRaptor
Quote:
Assuming the 2 person pacts work well, the system may be expanded to larger team sizes.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :D

So....Hands up who wants to make a new Intrepids team for regular levelling?
If we plan it now.....we could maybe think of a really cool concept for the characters etc... 8)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:06 pm 
The Little Manic

I would be in for that! :)

Zos

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:17 pm 
Professor

me me me me me

Official Chiefette Translator
----------------------------------
Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker
Synaptic Pulse lvl25 Defender

Legends
Ebon Hawk (Claws/Regen Scrapper)
Girl Fusion (Empathy/Rad Blast Defender)
Zenobia Blade (Broadsword/Shield/Blaze Scrapper)
Pyrokyne (Fire/Kin/Mu Corruptor)
Blaize of Glory (Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster)
Silver Falcon (Tri-form Peacebringer)
Second Sun (Fire/Rad Controller)

Institution
Bitter Blizzard lvl 50 Corruptor
Taze lvl 17 Brute

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:39 pm 

Hi Betty/guys,

I could go for that. My preference (still) is villains though. It were a heroes SG how often would we get together and stuff. I could probably only go with Tuesdays - and, of course, we'll need at least i13 if not 14! :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:52 pm 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

*Raises hand and jumps about* me me me me me

oh and more CoH info to be found here

Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians

The rest of my Alts

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:32 pm 
Barbie Girl

count me in,also bought warhammer yesterday (well mate did) so i need some counterpull :p

Mess wrote:
"We need animal costumes"

Gravity is a harsh mistress

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:32 pm 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

Yet another interveiw to be found here looks like the APP and PPP are gona get a over hall (woot)

Castle talke a little about it in this thread

Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians

The rest of my Alts

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!