THE INTREPIDS & THE INSTITUTION WEBPAGE

It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Praetorian invasions
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:15 am 
Professor

As I'm sure you're all aware, there are signs of impending invasions from Praetoria!

The information we have regarding expected invasions is below:

CoX Official Site wrote:
Withstand the Praetorian Surge!

Further confirmation of an imminent Praetorian invasion has been secured from our team of scientists and mages lead by Dr. Keyes.

Heroes of Paragon City, Villains of the Rogue Isles, it is time to set aside your differences and unite against a perilous threat for the common good of humanity. We can’t stress enough that, should Emperor Cole and his troops succeed in subjugating our planet and its inhabitants, the foundations of our society and liberty will not only be at stake, they are likely to collapse and plunge us into an era of darkness and fear.

The times when the dimensional barriers are at their most vulnerable have now been identified. Those times are when intrusions into our dimension are most likely to happen. Be watching for announcements in Paragon City and the Rogue Isles at the following dates and times!

Please note that as a gesture of appreciation and recognition, a special account wide badge will be given out to everybody taking part in the Freedom Protection effort on Friday, May 27th!

And if we manage to get more than 2500 heroes and villains to koin in our effort that day, this badge of valour will be extended to citizens of all other European and North American servers for the duration of the weekend of May 27th through May 30th! For more information on this, please read Second Measure’s post in the forums!

Wednesday, May 11th, 2011

Time: 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. British Time
Server: Union

Time: 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time (6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Central Time)
Server: Virtue

Thursday, May 12th, 2011

Time: 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. British Time
Server: Defiant

Server: Justice

Friday, May 13th, 2011

Time: 19:00 - 22:00 Central European Time
Server: Vigilance

Server: Liberty

Monday, May 16th, 2011

Time: 19:00 - 22:00 Central European Time
Server: Zukunft

Server: Champion

Tuesday, May 17th, 2011

Server: Triumph

Wednesday, May 18th, 2011

Server: Guardian

Thursday, May 19th, 2011

Server: Infinity

Monday, May 23rd, 2011

Server: Protector

Tuesday, May 24th, 2011

Server: Victory

Thursday, May 26th, 2011

Server: Pinnacle

Friday, May 27th, 2011

Server: Freedom

Please note that as a gesture of appreciation and recognition, a special account wide badge will be given out to everybody taking part in the Freedom Protection effort on Friday, May 27th! So enroll early, whether you’re a super-hero or a super-villain, in order to get your just reward!

For the future of Primal Earth!

Of special note is that Union is vulnerable this very evening! (emphasis mine)

I shall be there standing shoulder to shoulder with the heroic defenders of all Primal Earth. I hope some of you will join me!

Zenobia Blade

Official Chiefette Translator
----------------------------------
Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker
Synaptic Pulse lvl25 Defender

Legends
Ebon Hawk (Claws/Regen Scrapper)
Girl Fusion (Empathy/Rad Blast Defender)
Zenobia Blade (Broadsword/Shield/Blaze Scrapper)
Pyrokyne (Fire/Kin/Mu Corruptor)
Blaize of Glory (Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster)
Silver Falcon (Tri-form Peacebringer)
Second Sun (Fire/Rad Controller)

Institution
Bitter Blizzard lvl 50 Corruptor
Taze lvl 17 Brute

Post subject: Re: Praetorian invasions
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:29 am 
The Little Manic

I am still recovering from a heavy case of respecitis, so I am not at full capacity, but I shall be there to lend my might to the defence effort! :)

Zoser

Level 50s in CoH - @zoser
Zoser (main), ElectroCute, CopyCatz, Fire.Fly, PaintItBlack, Kid Aurora, LittleJoe, Zoserino, Star.Born, Starchild, and Lightning.Strike

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:07 pm 

Count MrX in guys. Can't get there until 7pm or so though. :(

X

[b]MrX Heroes: MrX Lvl 50 warshade. | MIND0R Lvl 50 mind/emp troll | The-Messenger Lvl 50 BS/regen scrap | Covert Lvl 42 kin/pys def | .Relic Lvl 42 illu/emp troll | Havoc Lvl 42 kin/elec def | The-Elemental Lvl 39 storm/dark def | Unsung Lvl 38 dark/regen scrap | WRENCH Lvl 34 shield/wrench tank | The Watcher Lvl 15 earth/rad troller | Villains: FR0STBITE Lvl 50 ice/kin corr | Dark-X Lvl 47 dark/stone brute | N'Ice Lvl 42 ice/rad corr | Vortex Lvl 42 robotics/storm MM | ShadowBaby Lvl 41 claws/regen stalk | The Cloak Lvl 41 energy/energy stalk | Thang Lvl 39 robotics/FF MM | IonFist Lvl 34 energy/ninjitsu stalk | The Somnabulist Lvl 33 dark/nec MM | Mr Kripplin Lvl 32 rad/rad corr | M0RBIUS Lvl 20 necro/poison MM | The Infrigidator Lvl 20 ice/cold corr

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:13 pm 
The Little Manic

Excellent!
We will try to hold the line until you arrive then - not making any promises though ... :)

Zos

Zoser (main), ElectroCute, CopyCatz, Fire.Fly, PaintItBlack, Kid Aurora, LittleJoe, Zoserino, Star.Born, Starchild, and Lightning.Strike

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:18 pm 

by the way, to save me time later, where is all the action actually taking place? Where do we head to?

X

[b]MrX Heroes: MrX Lvl 50 warshade. | MIND0R Lvl 50 mind/emp troll | The-Messenger Lvl 50 BS/regen scrap | Covert Lvl 42 kin/pys def | .Relic Lvl 42 illu/emp troll | Havoc Lvl 42 kin/elec def | The-Elemental Lvl 39 storm/dark def | Unsung Lvl 38 dark/regen scrap | WRENCH Lvl 34 shield/wrench tank | The Watcher Lvl 15 earth/rad troller | Villains: FR0STBITE Lvl 50 ice/kin corr | Dark-X Lvl 47 dark/stone brute | N'Ice Lvl 42 ice/rad corr | Vortex Lvl 42 robotics/storm MM | ShadowBaby Lvl 41 claws/regen stalk | The Cloak Lvl 41 energy/energy stalk | Thang Lvl 39 robotics/FF MM | IonFist Lvl 34 energy/ninjitsu stalk | The Somnabulist Lvl 33 dark/nec MM | Mr Kripplin Lvl 32 rad/rad corr | M0RBIUS Lvl 20 necro/poison MM | The Infrigidator Lvl 20 ice/cold corr

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:24 pm 
The Little Manic

I suppose they will give us in-game announcements on where the Praetorians are attacking - we'll see ... :)

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:57 pm 
Professor

Absolutely no idea X

Just look out for info when you get online I guess

I would imagine there will be multiple zones being invaded, and where will likely change over the course of the 3 hour event.

Also, anybody thinking they might try to make it to the one on Freedom? It's at an annoying US time window, but they are especially hoping to get lots on (they want to beat their prior record for concurrent users on a single server of 3500, but will settle for 2500). They are dangling the carrot of an account wide badge for anybody that attends (and if they hit the 2500+ mark they will enable that badge for all logins to all servers for the rest of that weekend).

I'm planning on being there (even though it is midnight to 3am friday 27th/saturday 28th). Anybody might join me?

Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker

Legends

Institution
Taze lvl 17 Brute

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:08 pm 

that might be a 'negative' unless I can persuade MrsX, MissX and BabyX to vacate for the weekend. Do you suppose you have to be there all three hours to qualify?

X

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:15 pm 
Site Admin

Blastor-EU will be there, with his new costume, nose job and incarnate powers :)...

The Intrepids:
Blastor-Level 50 Energy/Fire/Electrical Blaster, Dr. Blast-Level 50 Robotics/Force Field/Mace Mastermind, Holy Blast-Level 50 Peacebringer, Blasting Spines-Level 50 Spines/Regeneration/Body Scrapper, Heatblast-Level 50 Invulnerability/Fiery/Pyre Tanker, Fire Blast-Level 50 Fire/Kinetics/Leviathan Corruptor, Thunder Steel-Level 50 Ninja/Ninjitsu/Mu Stalker, Israfel the Fallen-Level 50 Sonic/Thermal/Dark Corruptor, Blastor Ascended-Level 50 Psychic/Energy/Force Blaster, Fright-Level 50 Kinetic/Dark Armour/Energy Brute, Calibro-Level 50 Dual Pistols/Radiation/Power Corruptor, Nlidia-Level 50 Gravity/Storm/Ice Controller.

The Institution:
Admiral Blast-Level 50 Energy/Energy/Mace Brute, Darkest Blast-Level 50 Mind/Psionic/Leviathan Dominator, Arbiter Blast-Level 50 Crab/Mace Arachnos Soldier, Unmerciful Steel-Level 50 Dual Blades/Willpower/Soul Brute, Mind Blaster-Level 50 Dark Miasma/Psychic/Psychic Defender, Blastor Reborn-Level 50 Ice/Electric/Force Blaster, Superiora-Level 50 Invulnerability/Super Strength/Energy Tanker, Gaia Queen-Level 50 Plant/Empathy/Stone Controller, Shadow Seer-Level 50 Fortunata/Soul Arachnos Widow, Zamana-Level 50 Time/Beam Rifle Defender, Wild Raven-Level 50 Will Power/Street Justice/Energy Tanker, Nlador-Level 50 Titan/Fiery Brute.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:37 pm 

I was there guys. [but had to give up. game client crashed on me 3 times]. Catch you all soon.

X

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:29 pm 
Professor

MrX wrote:
that might be a 'negative' unless I can persuade MrsX, MissX and BabyX to vacate for the weekend. Do you suppose you have to be there all three hours to qualify?

X

Apparently just logging in any time during the 3hours will get you the account wide badge X

Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker

Legends

Institution
Taze lvl 17 Brute

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:37 am 

Ebon Hawk wrote:
Apparently just logging in any time during the 3hours will get you the account wide badge X

Nice. I might squeeze on just after midnight.

X

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:47 am 
Professor

So tonight's the big night, final invasion on Freedom.

I'm planning to be on for this since the reason for the carrott of an account wide badge is they want to test new server code and want as many players as possible on. I know it's in the crazy early hours, but I'd encourage anybody who can make it to do so. Even a brand new character is cool (the invasions are all scaling event critters and with supersidekicking...)

Hope to see some of you there.

Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker

Legends

Institution
Taze lvl 17 Brute

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:41 am 

I'll be there if I can.

X

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 12:17 am 
Professor

OK, I didn't stick around until the end, but.....

I only left after we'd been told the following in game.

They had been hoping tonight for over 2500 concurrent players in game...
The previous record for CoX was 3500 concurrent players in game...

Tonight we hit over 4000 concurrent players!

So great work from the CoX community, who really turned out in force!

This also means that the account wide event badge is now enabled until tuesday on all servers, so if you weren't able to make it onto Freedom, make sure you log in this weekend to pick up the Defender of Primal Earth badge... and as you do remember to think of those heroes who fought for it :D

Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker

Legends

Institution
Taze lvl 17 Brute

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 12:20 pm 
Site Admin

Spent most of my time fighting Dev-controlled Nightstar in Kings Row. Since it stood there all invulnerable, teasing with us, I suggested people to slap & smack it instead of attacking nonsense, and most of them did so. Then the dev tp'd Jurassik on top of us, literrally, and killed us all :)

Then I head to Pocket D 4, and Avatea, with her blue giant toon and her unique costume on, distributed Steampunk costume codes to some lucky ones, while making Michael Jackson dance moves. Unfortunately, I didn't get it :(...

Anyway, there was nothing special about the event, amazing lag at first, but it's gotten better afterwards. Lots of silly messaging, and silly stuff, but great fun as well...

Here's the screenshot from PD4:

The Intrepids:
Blastor-Level 50 Energy/Fire/Electrical Blaster, Dr. Blast-Level 50 Robotics/Force Field/Mace Mastermind, Holy Blast-Level 50 Peacebringer, Blasting Spines-Level 50 Spines/Regeneration/Body Scrapper, Heatblast-Level 50 Invulnerability/Fiery/Pyre Tanker, Fire Blast-Level 50 Fire/Kinetics/Leviathan Corruptor, Thunder Steel-Level 50 Ninja/Ninjitsu/Mu Stalker, Israfel the Fallen-Level 50 Sonic/Thermal/Dark Corruptor, Blastor Ascended-Level 50 Psychic/Energy/Force Blaster, Fright-Level 50 Kinetic/Dark Armour/Energy Brute, Calibro-Level 50 Dual Pistols/Radiation/Power Corruptor, Nlidia-Level 50 Gravity/Storm/Ice Controller.

The Institution:
Admiral Blast-Level 50 Energy/Energy/Mace Brute, Darkest Blast-Level 50 Mind/Psionic/Leviathan Dominator, Arbiter Blast-Level 50 Crab/Mace Arachnos Soldier, Unmerciful Steel-Level 50 Dual Blades/Willpower/Soul Brute, Mind Blaster-Level 50 Dark Miasma/Psychic/Psychic Defender, Blastor Reborn-Level 50 Ice/Electric/Force Blaster, Superiora-Level 50 Invulnerability/Super Strength/Energy Tanker, Gaia Queen-Level 50 Plant/Empathy/Stone Controller, Shadow Seer-Level 50 Fortunata/Soul Arachnos Widow, Zamana-Level 50 Time/Beam Rifle Defender, Wild Raven-Level 50 Will Power/Street Justice/Energy Tanker, Nlador-Level 50 Titan/Fiery Brute.