THE INTREPIDS & THE INSTITUTION WEBPAGE

It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: City of Heroes to close
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:52 am 
Professor

That day we all feared (and I know I hoped wouldn't come) is finally on its way.

I think this is the saddest thing I've had to post here. I'm just going to copy in the content of the post from the official site, which can be found here..

Official City of Heroes Site wrote:
Aug 31

Farewell, from all of us at Paragon Studios

This morning we announced that Paragon Studios will be taking to the skies of City of Heroes for the last time.

In a realignment of company focus and publishing support, NCsoft has made the decision to close Paragon Studios. Effective immediately, all development on City of Heroes will cease and we will begin preparations to sunset the world's first, and best, Super Hero MMORPG before the end of the year. As part of this, all recurring subscription billing and Paragon Market purchasing will be discontinued effective immediately. We will have more information regarding a detailed timeline for the cessation of services and what you can expect in game in the coming weeks.

The team here at Paragon deserves special praise for all that we have accomplished over the last 5+ years. These developers are some of the most creative and talented people in the gaming industry. By now, we've all been given this news internally, but to anyone who may be reading this message after the fact; know that your hard work and dedication has not gone unappreciated or unnoticed. To any potential studios looking to grow your team; hire these people. You won't regret it.

To our Community,

Thank you. Thank you for your years of support. You've been with us every step of the way, sharing in our challenges, encouraging us to make City of Heroes better, more than everyone else thought it could be. We couldn't have come this far without you. I implore you all, focus on the good things of CoH and Paragon Studios. Don't dwell on the "how" or the "why", but rather join us in celebrating the legacy of an amazing partnership between the players and the development team.

Thank you, and I'll see you in the skies, one last time.

Andy Belford

Community Manager

Paragon Studios.

Really devastated by this :(

*edit*
For those interested in trying to send a message to NCSoft to let them know this is not the right move, there is an online petition: http://www.change.org/petitions/ncsoft- ... of-heroes#

I've no idea if it will make a difference or not, but I've certainly signed
*/edit*

Official Chiefette Translator
----------------------------------
Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker
Synaptic Pulse lvl25 Defender

Legends
Ebon Hawk (Claws/Regen Scrapper)
Girl Fusion (Empathy/Rad Blast Defender)
Zenobia Blade (Broadsword/Shield/Blaze Scrapper)
Pyrokyne (Fire/Kin/Mu Corruptor)
Blaize of Glory (Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster)
Silver Falcon (Tri-form Peacebringer)
Second Sun (Fire/Rad Controller)

Institution
Bitter Blizzard lvl 50 Corruptor
Taze lvl 17 Brute

Post subject: Re: City of Heroes to close
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:58 am 
 WWW  Profile

me too Ebskies, Free 2 Play maybe didnt work out for them....

Supes' 50 Family:

Super Electrode - Blaster
Warrior Electrode - Scrapper
Electrode Storm - Controller
Captain liberty Jr - Tank
Captain Snowspeed - Defender
Fallout Electrode - Corrupter
Ninja Electrode - Stalker

-------------------------------------------------
Holy Electrified Furballs!!!
Go Super Team Electrode!!!

--------------------------------------------------
@Electrode

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:03 pm 
The Little Manic

This is the worst news I have gotten in a long time. True, much like most of us I have taken my time away from Paragon City, but it has always been there like a comfy old living room. I have signed the petition as well, even though I have very little hope - but one never knows.

If they really go through with this, we have to be there the day they shut down the servers, as this would truly be the end of an era.

Boy, I am really welling up now and them playing "Amazing Grace" in the cafe here (true story!) does really not help at all ...
Zos

Level 50s in CoH - @zoser
Zoser (main), ElectroCute, CopyCatz, Fire.Fly, PaintItBlack, Kid Aurora, LittleJoe, Zoserino, Star.Born, Starchild, and Lightning.Strike

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:17 pm 
Pretty Boy

Zoser wrote:
If they really go through with this, we have to be there the day they shut down the servers, as this would truly be the end of an era.

Actually being in-game when the server goes off-line... That would be kinda creepy.

But I echo the sentiments. End of an era, indeed.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:31 pm 
Professor

Well Blast, Zos and I always said amongst ourselves we'd outlast all the rest, and be there in the SG base when they finally turned off the lights.

Sad as it will be to do that (as in saddening, rather than sad/geeky) I'm planning to stick to that statement. Maybe some others will join me.

Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker

Legends

Institution
Taze lvl 17 Brute

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:56 pm 
Professor

For what it's worth, there are a few efforts taking place to try to do something to save CoX. There's an online petition asking NCSoft to reverse their decision, there's suggestions from the guys at the Titan Network that they are going to approach NCSoft to ask if it would be possible (and what it might cost) to aquire the IP/servers/source code/anything at all. There's also an e-mail campaign to Gabe Newell at Valve asking him to consider looking at buying the property and adding it to their stable of games.

Information about these can be found via this handy activity aggregator thread on the Titan network
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php ... 880.0.html

Let's hope there can be some heroes who save the day... and maybe it will be all of us.

Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker

Legends

Institution
Taze lvl 17 Brute

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:45 pm 
 WWW  Profile

count me in Ebskies, Supes has been playing this game for 7 years, I started as an Intrepid and ill finish as an Intrepid in the SG base.

Supes' 50 Family:

@Electrode

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:31 am 
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Hello guys,

I actually DL the game and started playing again a couple of weeks ago... then I heard something in the Union chat about 30:th nov and closing. That is really sad, CoH has been and still is one of the best games I have played in a long time. I tried DCUO yesterday to see if that could be an option. No, it was not!

Well, anyways, thanks for all the great moments in the game and thanks for the fish.

If you wanna stay in touch (which is a slightly odd question for someone who has been inactive in the game for 2.5 years!) - feel free to add me on Facebook... so I am releavling my secret identity to you as... Magnus Cassersjö. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:57 am 
The Little Manic

Hey there. As I see it, all is not lost yet. CoH/V2 has a unique fan base and it has only begun recovering from the shock. Already efforts are being made to save this amazing game - just check out the link Ebon posted. Looking at the overwhelmingly intelligent and well-considered posts I have begun to take heart again.

Whatever the outcome will be, the CoH community is amazing and is a privilege to be part of it.
Even though it may seem crazy, I will be with them fighting to the end. I feel that I owe as much to a game that has given me so much. :)

Zoser (main), ElectroCute, CopyCatz, Fire.Fly, PaintItBlack, Kid Aurora, LittleJoe, Zoserino, Star.Born, Starchild, and Lightning.Strike

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:05 pm 
Site Admin

I'm still very upset about this news.

We all discussed about the end of City of Heroes one day, however, that time hasn't come yet. An MMORPG is dead when there's no community or its ratings are down below. City of Heroes has still got an active community (and the best community in my opinion), a very good rating at MMORPG.com, and it's considered as the best superhero game in the market (and it is).

So, this game closure isn't about City of Heroes losing its popularity, but NCSoft's going with the easiest way to cut their losses by totally ignoring a community, always loyal & supportive for 7 years.

At some level, I'm trying to empathise and see things from NCSOft's point of view: Ok, it's a crual market and people are here to make profit and so on, but putting that aside, giving a notice of 3 months? This is total disrespect towards loyal customers.

I'm currently playing Guild Wars 2, but City of Heroes is having a huge effect on it. I prefer NCSoft games because of City of Heroes. And if everything goes as planned and they pull the plug at 30th November, NCSOft would also lose my loyalty & trust for them. And I wouldn't bother spending time & effort for Guild Wars 2. Who could guarantee that something similar would not happen to it?

I sent a petition at Ebon's link, I also sent an email directly to City of Heroes customer service and I will send similar petition on any occasion.

The Intrepids:
Blastor-Level 50 Energy/Fire/Electrical Blaster, Dr. Blast-Level 50 Robotics/Force Field/Mace Mastermind, Holy Blast-Level 50 Peacebringer, Blasting Spines-Level 50 Spines/Regeneration/Body Scrapper, Heatblast-Level 50 Invulnerability/Fiery/Pyre Tanker, Fire Blast-Level 50 Fire/Kinetics/Leviathan Corruptor, Thunder Steel-Level 50 Ninja/Ninjitsu/Mu Stalker, Israfel the Fallen-Level 50 Sonic/Thermal/Dark Corruptor, Blastor Ascended-Level 50 Psychic/Energy/Force Blaster, Fright-Level 50 Kinetic/Dark Armour/Energy Brute, Calibro-Level 50 Dual Pistols/Radiation/Power Corruptor, Nlidia-Level 50 Gravity/Storm/Ice Controller.

The Institution:
Admiral Blast-Level 50 Energy/Energy/Mace Brute, Darkest Blast-Level 50 Mind/Psionic/Leviathan Dominator, Arbiter Blast-Level 50 Crab/Mace Arachnos Soldier, Unmerciful Steel-Level 50 Dual Blades/Willpower/Soul Brute, Mind Blaster-Level 50 Dark Miasma/Psychic/Psychic Defender, Blastor Reborn-Level 50 Ice/Electric/Force Blaster, Superiora-Level 50 Invulnerability/Super Strength/Energy Tanker, Gaia Queen-Level 50 Plant/Empathy/Stone Controller, Shadow Seer-Level 50 Fortunata/Soul Arachnos Widow, Zamana-Level 50 Time/Beam Rifle Defender, Wild Raven-Level 50 Will Power/Street Justice/Energy Tanker, Nlador-Level 50 Titan/Fiery Brute.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:13 pm 
Site Admin

Forget about Guild Wars 2, I'm returning back to my baby game. After 90 days from now, I won't be able to play it at all.

I just wrote a letter to Guild Wars 2 customer support, explaining this break, also informing them that I won't bother returning to GW2 or playing another NCSoft game should this cancellation go as planned.

Guess this is how I'll end my MMORPG life; already protesting EA because of SWToR, and now NCSoft for CoH, soon there'll be no game to play :)...

Anyway, Blastor is back to Paragon City until the last day of City of Heroes...

The Intrepids:
Blastor-Level 50 Energy/Fire/Electrical Blaster, Dr. Blast-Level 50 Robotics/Force Field/Mace Mastermind, Holy Blast-Level 50 Peacebringer, Blasting Spines-Level 50 Spines/Regeneration/Body Scrapper, Heatblast-Level 50 Invulnerability/Fiery/Pyre Tanker, Fire Blast-Level 50 Fire/Kinetics/Leviathan Corruptor, Thunder Steel-Level 50 Ninja/Ninjitsu/Mu Stalker, Israfel the Fallen-Level 50 Sonic/Thermal/Dark Corruptor, Blastor Ascended-Level 50 Psychic/Energy/Force Blaster, Fright-Level 50 Kinetic/Dark Armour/Energy Brute, Calibro-Level 50 Dual Pistols/Radiation/Power Corruptor, Nlidia-Level 50 Gravity/Storm/Ice Controller.

The Institution:
Admiral Blast-Level 50 Energy/Energy/Mace Brute, Darkest Blast-Level 50 Mind/Psionic/Leviathan Dominator, Arbiter Blast-Level 50 Crab/Mace Arachnos Soldier, Unmerciful Steel-Level 50 Dual Blades/Willpower/Soul Brute, Mind Blaster-Level 50 Dark Miasma/Psychic/Psychic Defender, Blastor Reborn-Level 50 Ice/Electric/Force Blaster, Superiora-Level 50 Invulnerability/Super Strength/Energy Tanker, Gaia Queen-Level 50 Plant/Empathy/Stone Controller, Shadow Seer-Level 50 Fortunata/Soul Arachnos Widow, Zamana-Level 50 Time/Beam Rifle Defender, Wild Raven-Level 50 Will Power/Street Justice/Energy Tanker, Nlador-Level 50 Titan/Fiery Brute.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:13 am 
The Little Manic

Hi guys,

While I still concede that the future does look very dark for our Paragon City, there are a number of people looking into every possible option to maybe save the day. I would encourage everyone to keep an eye on the Titan Network where TonyV is leading the charge trying to channel the efforts into one (more or less) coordinated effort.

Here is the corresponding forum: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php ... 134.0.html

As mentioned, I found it heartening to see how much members of this amazing community are engaged and how creative they get. And I agree with TonyV here, if we want to think outside the box, we will need NCSOFT to cooperate - my inherent distrust for large corporations nonwithstanding, they have not made their decision to hurt us. Maybe we can get them to agree if some sort of proposal can be made I have read rumours that there are people bidding for the IP already ... let's hope these are made with the intend to save the game, not to bury it.Z

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:59 am 
Site Admin

I agree with TonyV about taking action, however, I'm too angry to approach this issue constructively. I don't want to convince them to cooperate, I want to make them do so...

Logged to CoH yesterday after 2 months, and noticed people very devastated about this closure. There's a different atmosphere which I've never seen there before; some paste youtube links about the old days and others comment about them etc., some talk about what to do before they pull the plug, like we used to discuss just for fun, but it's reality now. On top of that, I saw 2 very old non-sg friends logging minutes after me, telling that they returned to the game as soon as they heard the news...

We really don't deserve this kind of treatment Zos. I agree that NCSoft would not want to hurt us deliberately, but all signs show that they simply do not care about us. They declare about the game closure few days ago and give us 3 month notice. This is simply unacceptable. Things do not come to this point all of a sudden; they should know about this bad shape of their company long time ago, yet they do not inform us about it, say a year ago, so we could fight with them. I'm sure many people, including myself, would help them with second accounts or spending more money at Paragon Market. Or forget about all that, we could have worked as a community, helping NCSoft find a partner for CoH, who wouldn't want to have such a loyal & dedicated community like ours?. But no, they're only giving us 3 months to do all that. Their message is clear and simple, NCSoft says: ok, I took your money long enough, but business is business, my company is losing money, so you gotta go...

Some people are talking about NCSoft giving away City of Heroes just to keep its Asian community happy. Since CoH is based on western type of environment with western hero legends & myths, Asian community is having little interest on the game. I'm sure that City of Heroes is more successful then Aion. In a way, you might be facing the same thing which I faced with EA because of Starwars: being treated as a secondary customer due to your region.

And I see no effort from their side, but the issue is clear: Look NCSoft, I am an active community, still playing/contributing your game. If you do not have the resource to keep your game going, then find someone who can. And show me this effort so I can sympathise with it. Just don't say you got 3 months to leave the premises...

I'm not gonna reason with NCSoft, because I totally believe that what they did is wrong. Will you play another NCSoft game in the future if they close CoH? Who guarantees that the same thing will not happen again? This is what you have to say to them...

The Intrepids:

The Institution:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:51 am 
The Little Manic

I understand your sentiments all too well and I agree whole - heartedly that it was a callous, disrespectful and downright despicable way to treat the most loyal and passionate fan base I have ever seen. And my own decision to swallow my pride is motivated by desperation, not by respect for a company that again shows itself missing anything remotely resembling a heart.

But if there is only the slightest chance of saving CoH, I decided to take it. NCSOFT doesn't care enough to gloat over me anyway.... :)

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:32 am 
The Little Manic

One loyal CoH fan has managed to get this article posted on a non-gaming site. It is extremely heartening to see this story leave the gaming community and being read by a wider audience.

This may not be CNN yet but the angle that a community of dedicated fans uses social media to fight an unjust can callous decision made by a big corporation may make it interesting for people that are not interested in gaming as such.

Here's me hoping that other news sites will pick up on this and that with Mercedes Lackey a first celebrity has come out supporting us can only help. The fight is no less desperate than it was when it began but the fact that people have not given up yet is a triumph in itself.

Not sure how much truth there is in that CoH is being sacrificed because other games (including GW2) bringing in losses, but it gives me another reason not to get GW2 for now. Much like Blast, I don't feel like rewarding the people who clearly don't care about their customers at all with giving them more money!

Zos

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:08 pm 
 WWW  Profile

ive filled the petition in today guys,

was surreal being online last night, lots of old school issue 5 players logging on, was a good catch up.

We need to organise some massive team SG nights to show NCSoft we are still strong.

Supes' 50 Family:

@Electrode

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:32 pm 
The Little Manic

Great news: the great Mercedes Lackey herself has appeared on Titan and confirmed that she is just as devastated as we are - she even confessed to crying when she got the news. She then went on to say :
Mercedes Lackey as Victoria Victrix wrote:
I won't blow sunshine up your derrieres, but the single person in my personal circle of friends that I know can get things done on this scale is aware, is also a player, is furious and is seeing what can be done.

It would seem that CoH has potentially powerful friends that no one knew about ... let's hope that this mystery person will raise some hell - or at least some awareness to the threat our favourite game faces right now.

Zos

EDIT Her of the writing fame and great singing voice has provided an update:
Mercedes Lackey as Victoria Victrix wrote:
All I can say is action is being taken and was started today. Go out and rattle your turtle shells, finger your beads, spin your prayer wheels for my friend, and keep pursuing EVERY possible other venue, because we have no way of knowing which one will pan out.

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:44 am 
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Blastor wrote:
Guess this is how I'll end my MMORPG life; already protesting EA because of SWToR, and now NCSoft for CoH, soon there'll be no game to play :)...

What was the problem swtor? Just curious as I bought a licensekey for it yesterday... :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:47 am 
The Little Manic

Hi guys,

A redname posted the below in the game a short while ago:
[Admin] Alpha Wolf wrote:
Sorry guys but I don't have any new update. I know Paragon management is having discussion with ncsoft and investors. Continue get people to sign online petitions, post on game forums, and just continue to make noises so ncsoft cannot ignore players.

This was confirmed to be true on the official forums as well - even though it came with words of caution:
Zwillinger wrote:
I want everyone to please temper their expectations with the word "discussions". Please, don't take this to mean more than it does, at this point in time.

It would seem that the heroes at Paragon Studios are as unwilling to give up on our City as we are - even though this is nothing more than a flicker of hope, it is more than we had in the beginning. Make sure to reach out and sign the petitions if you haven't already done so - the picture in my sig links to the "War Room" on the Titan Network.

Let's continue the fight!
Zos

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:41 pm 
Site Admin

ShadowOfPain wrote:
Blastor wrote:

What was the problem swtor? Just curious as I bought a licensekey for it yesterday... :)

After inviting me to all close/open betatests, using me for stress tests and getting my feedback which I filed seriously, EA didn't allow pre-purchase game, even in digital form, in my region and stop me from early access with a quote "we have to maintain quality of service", and I found it very offensive...

There were many ways I could have overcome this difficulty; first of all Ebon offered me to buy the game on my behalf, which I'm really thankful; and secondly, pre-purchase keys were sold on the net more than their market values, but I was already frustrated and lost interest in the game.

On top of that, some unprofessional replies from their customer support, which concluded with total loss of faith in EA.

The Intrepids:

The Institution:

Post subject: Re: City of Heroes to close (?)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:52 am 

Genuine sadness here. The City of Heroes has been background constant for me not just for gaming but for my whole life for such a long time now (i4). And we've met and discussed the game in RL so many times too guys. We mustn't stop that.

I think I'll jump back into CoH while I can. As kind of impressed with Guild Wars 2 as I was (more by the marketing than the actual gameplay to be honest, it's not really my genre) I was already wondering when I was likely to return anyway.

One fun thing we could do is mount a series of mass peaceful protests in Atlas Park. Banners, walking round, everything except proper playing. Perhaps we can get the devs to throw us some new protest emotes (on the quiet) and try for a Guiness Book of World Records for the largest online peace protests - and see if we can get some YouTube and newspaper buzz going.

X

[b]MrX Heroes: MrX Lvl 50 warshade. | MIND0R Lvl 50 mind/emp troll | The-Messenger Lvl 50 BS/regen scrap | Covert Lvl 42 kin/pys def | .Relic Lvl 42 illu/emp troll | Havoc Lvl 42 kin/elec def | The-Elemental Lvl 39 storm/dark def | Unsung Lvl 38 dark/regen scrap | WRENCH Lvl 34 shield/wrench tank | The Watcher Lvl 15 earth/rad troller | Villains: FR0STBITE Lvl 50 ice/kin corr | Dark-X Lvl 47 dark/stone brute | N'Ice Lvl 42 ice/rad corr | Vortex Lvl 42 robotics/storm MM | ShadowBaby Lvl 41 claws/regen stalk | The Cloak Lvl 41 energy/energy stalk | Thang Lvl 39 robotics/FF MM | IonFist Lvl 34 energy/ninjitsu stalk | The Somnabulist Lvl 33 dark/nec MM | Mr Kripplin Lvl 32 rad/rad corr | M0RBIUS Lvl 20 necro/poison MM | The Infrigidator Lvl 20 ice/cold corr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:28 pm 
The Little Manic

Good ideas, X. You should check in with the headquarters of the resistance (click the banner in my sig) to check in - would be great to see more Intrepid power there ... Also there is a Unity Ralley planned this Saturday. More details following this clicky.

TonyV wrote:
Unity Rally
Saturday, September 8, 5:00pm Eastern (2:00pm Pacific) : Atlas Park, Virtue

Please note, this is not a "Virtue" event. It's just a server I picked pseudo-randomly because it was most populated when I just popped in and looked, and I had to pick somewhere. We need all players from all servers to show up! I want ten instances of Atlas Park going with so many people camping City Hall that you can't even see the stairs. [...]

Just to translate, this will be 21:00 GMT / 22:00 BST / 23:00 CET over here in Europe.

Cheers
Zos

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:45 pm 
Barbie Girl

I dont know if any of you happen to follow Totalbiscuit on youtube but he has a "mailbox" on weekdays in wich he offers opinions on gaming related discussion.

While i am partly intrested in his view on this the video's also get up to 70k views so if anything it could help for awareness aswel,going to see about sending him a mail over the weekend.

Mess wrote:
"We need animal costumes"

Gravity is a harsh mistress

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:15 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Zoser wrote:
Good ideas, X. You should check in with the headquarters of the resistance (click the banner in my sig) to check in - would be great to see more Intrepid power there ... Also there is a Unity Ralley planned this Saturday. More details following this clicky.

TonyV wrote:
Unity Rally
Saturday, September 8, 5:00pm Eastern (2:00pm Pacific) : Atlas Park, Virtue

Please note, this is not a "Virtue" event. It's just a server I picked pseudo-randomly because it was most populated when I just popped in and looked, and I had to pick somewhere. We need all players from all servers to show up! I want ten instances of Atlas Park going with so many people camping City Hall that you can't even see the stairs. [...]

Just to translate, this will be 21:00 GMT / 22:00 BST / 23:00 CET over here in Europe.

Cheers
Zos

Supes will be there tomorrow night mate, 2300 on the dot, how about all intrepids get our SG colours on??

Supes' 50 Family:

@Electrode

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:25 am 
The Little Manic

Some rather good news regardig the event later today: Massively will be streaming live what will happen. Guys, this is a chance to show the gaming world what we are made of - please, please take the time to come over to Virtue and show that we have not given up

Supes' idea of SG colours is good, the only problem is that the Intrepids don't exist on virtue as an SG ...

One request important I have for everyone who will be there. There are lots of trolls about who are taking a rather despicable pleasure in goading protesters hoping to get a reaction. It is extremely important that the MASSIVELY covering does NOT show CoH players arguing - this would be utterly disastrous. It would damage our cause, possibly beyond repair.

So scream at the screen if you have to but not a single word back - ignore the trolls, do not feed them. Everyone here loves the game so it will be hurtful having some idiot shout abuse at you - but be a hero, take the high road, DON'T feed the trolls under any circumstances. Again, the troll wants you to shout abuse, to play his sick game, so don't give him the satisfaction and don't damage our cause.

Zos

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:04 am 
 WWW  Profile

Guys I have a problem, because my account reverted back to free it wont let me create a toon on Virtue,

The Play NC site wont let me upgrade to VIP either, any ideas lol....

Supes' 50 Family:

@Electrode

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:58 am 
Professor

You're out of luck I'm afraid. When they announced the games closure on the 31st they also announced that no further subs payments (or micro transactions) would be processed.

With Virtue as the VIP only server anyone who wasn't subb'ing on the 31st is locked out

Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker

Legends

Institution
Taze lvl 17 Brute

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:05 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Ebon Hawk wrote:
You're out of luck I'm afraid. When they announced the games closure on the 31st they also announced that no further subs payments (or micro transactions) would be processed.

With Virtue as the VIP only server anyone who wasn't subb'ing on the 31st is locked out

That is rather annoying, hmm I cant even buy game time on-line lol

Supes' 50 Family:

@Electrode

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:23 pm 
 WWW  Profile

sorted it guys, created a new account lol,

feel free to add me @Union Electrode

see you at 11pm GMT

Supes' 50 Family:

@Electrode

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:43 pm 
The Little Manic

Virtue is not the VIP server - that would be Exalted. :
Otherwise TonyV wouldn't have chosen it - we want/need as many people as possible
I shall see you there! :

Zos

P.S. To pass the time, let me share an excellent parody (adjusted for the situation) of the game "Zero Wing", source of the "All your base is belong to us!" meme - Click here and enjoy!

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)