THE INTREPIDS & THE INSTITUTION WEBPAGE

It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: City of Heroes to close (?)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:35 pm 
The Little Manic

You remember how cool it is when all seems lost and then one or more riders appear, usually on white horses? Like Gandalf in Helm's Deep?

Right now the CoH/V community experiences the darkest days of its existence - and just like in the stories, heroes ride to the rescue. Tony has rallied the troops and we face incredible odds. (I know it is a bit cheesy, but please indulge me. Anyway...)

And out of nowhere appear our heroes, siding with us - their names are famous...Neil Gaiman, John Kovalic & John C. Wright have joined their voices with ours and support us. Special credit has to go to our very own Mercedes Lackey though who wrote a personal letter to the NCSOFT CEO offering to endorse their games for the next 10 free of charge if they save CoH. I can only say... wow!

(Source)

Zos

Level 50s in CoH - @zoser
Zoser (main), ElectroCute, CopyCatz, Fire.Fly, PaintItBlack, Kid Aurora, LittleJoe, Zoserino, Star.Born, Starchild, and Lightning.Strike

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:33 pm 
Site Admin

Zoser wrote:
You remember how cool it is when all seems lost and then one or more riders appear, usually on white horses? Like Gandalf in Helm's Deep?

Right now the CoH/V community experiences the darkest days of its existence - and just like in the stories, heroes ride to the rescue. Tony has rallied the troops and we face incredible odds. (I know it is a bit cheesy, but please indulge me. Anyway...)

And out of nowhere appear our heroes, siding with us - their names are famous...Neil Gaiman, John Kovalic & John C. Wright have joined their voices with ours and support us. Special credit has to go to our very own Mercedes Lackey though who wrote a personal letter to the NCSOFT CEO offering to endorse their games for the next 10 free of charge if they save CoH. I can only say... wow!

(Source)

Zos

Yeah, it's all good & nice but where were you last night? :)...

The Intrepids:
Blastor-Level 50 Energy/Fire/Electrical Blaster, Dr. Blast-Level 50 Robotics/Force Field/Mace Mastermind, Holy Blast-Level 50 Peacebringer, Blasting Spines-Level 50 Spines/Regeneration/Body Scrapper, Heatblast-Level 50 Invulnerability/Fiery/Pyre Tanker, Fire Blast-Level 50 Fire/Kinetics/Leviathan Corruptor, Thunder Steel-Level 50 Ninja/Ninjitsu/Mu Stalker, Israfel the Fallen-Level 50 Sonic/Thermal/Dark Corruptor, Blastor Ascended-Level 50 Psychic/Energy/Force Blaster, Fright-Level 50 Kinetic/Dark Armour/Energy Brute, Calibro-Level 50 Dual Pistols/Radiation/Power Corruptor, Nlidia-Level 50 Gravity/Storm/Ice Controller.

The Institution:
Admiral Blast-Level 50 Energy/Energy/Mace Brute, Darkest Blast-Level 50 Mind/Psionic/Leviathan Dominator, Arbiter Blast-Level 50 Crab/Mace Arachnos Soldier, Unmerciful Steel-Level 50 Dual Blades/Willpower/Soul Brute, Mind Blaster-Level 50 Dark Miasma/Psychic/Psychic Defender, Blastor Reborn-Level 50 Ice/Electric/Force Blaster, Superiora-Level 50 Invulnerability/Super Strength/Energy Tanker, Gaia Queen-Level 50 Plant/Empathy/Stone Controller, Shadow Seer-Level 50 Fortunata/Soul Arachnos Widow, Zamana-Level 50 Time/Beam Rifle Defender, Wild Raven-Level 50 Will Power/Street Justice/Energy Tanker, Nlador-Level 50 Titan/Fiery Brute.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:11 pm 
Site Admin

An amazing work, a video where all toons participated on the rally been rendered somehow.

Here's the link of finalised version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRsj2DtLCQs&feature=player_embedded

I found Blastor on draft version here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQPJw5qAajs&feature=player_embedded

Now, go find yours :)...

The Intrepids:
Blastor-Level 50 Energy/Fire/Electrical Blaster, Dr. Blast-Level 50 Robotics/Force Field/Mace Mastermind, Holy Blast-Level 50 Peacebringer, Blasting Spines-Level 50 Spines/Regeneration/Body Scrapper, Heatblast-Level 50 Invulnerability/Fiery/Pyre Tanker, Fire Blast-Level 50 Fire/Kinetics/Leviathan Corruptor, Thunder Steel-Level 50 Ninja/Ninjitsu/Mu Stalker, Israfel the Fallen-Level 50 Sonic/Thermal/Dark Corruptor, Blastor Ascended-Level 50 Psychic/Energy/Force Blaster, Fright-Level 50 Kinetic/Dark Armour/Energy Brute, Calibro-Level 50 Dual Pistols/Radiation/Power Corruptor, Nlidia-Level 50 Gravity/Storm/Ice Controller.

The Institution:
Admiral Blast-Level 50 Energy/Energy/Mace Brute, Darkest Blast-Level 50 Mind/Psionic/Leviathan Dominator, Arbiter Blast-Level 50 Crab/Mace Arachnos Soldier, Unmerciful Steel-Level 50 Dual Blades/Willpower/Soul Brute, Mind Blaster-Level 50 Dark Miasma/Psychic/Psychic Defender, Blastor Reborn-Level 50 Ice/Electric/Force Blaster, Superiora-Level 50 Invulnerability/Super Strength/Energy Tanker, Gaia Queen-Level 50 Plant/Empathy/Stone Controller, Shadow Seer-Level 50 Fortunata/Soul Arachnos Widow, Zamana-Level 50 Time/Beam Rifle Defender, Wild Raven-Level 50 Will Power/Street Justice/Energy Tanker, Nlador-Level 50 Titan/Fiery Brute.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:53 am 
Professor

Front and centre as usual hey B?

Official Chiefette Translator
----------------------------------
Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker
Synaptic Pulse lvl25 Defender

Legends
Ebon Hawk (Claws/Regen Scrapper)
Girl Fusion (Empathy/Rad Blast Defender)
Zenobia Blade (Broadsword/Shield/Blaze Scrapper)
Pyrokyne (Fire/Kin/Mu Corruptor)
Blaize of Glory (Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster)
Silver Falcon (Tri-form Peacebringer)
Second Sun (Fire/Rad Controller)

Institution
Bitter Blizzard lvl 50 Corruptor
Taze lvl 17 Brute

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:16 am 
The Little Manic

Blastor wrote:
Zoser wrote:
Yeah, it's all good & nice but where were you last night? :)...

I have actually transferred THE Zoser to Virtue earlier this day in an Internet Café and was then trying to log into using my second cousin's ancient P4 laptop which sports an amazing 512 MB ram. Sadly it was not up to the task so I spent the hour (and a bit more) tweaking settings and then watching the progress bar in the Atlas Park screen going up only to be thrown back to the loading screen. Hopefuly there will be other events I can join ...

Zos

Level 50s in CoH - @zoser
Zoser (main), ElectroCute, CopyCatz, Fire.Fly, PaintItBlack, Kid Aurora, LittleJoe, Zoserino, Star.Born, Starchild, and Lightning.Strike

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:28 pm 
Barbie Girl

It was realy something seeing all the support and lissening to all the stories being told :)

NEIL Fudging GAIMAN tweeted about this (sandman,handsdown best comic i've ever read)

Blast i whould not have expected anything less from you and from zose perhaps a bit more.....techsav in predicting that laptop was the ultimate longshot to get on a packed server ;)

Mess wrote:
"We need animal costumes"

Gravity is a harsh mistress

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:23 pm 
Site Admin

The description in youtube.com says that the maker of the video visited each Atlas Park instance one by one that rally night, got the list of participating characters, and somehow managed to rendered all of them in one instance.

I accidently noticed Blastor in the draft version of the video of 3000 renders, but as the finalised version includes 3700 renders, Blastor probably lost his nice centre location somehow :)...

Anyway, I'd really like to be able to do something like this, but it's probably requires high technical skill.

The Intrepids:

The Institution:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:51 pm 

I only found out yesterday. It's my own fault for not checking the forums...have been so busy. Needless to say it was distressing news. If I wasn't sat at my work desk the tears would have freely run down my cheeks, instead I had to try to hold them in check and even now I am struggling as my eyes well up again.

This may be goodbye to the game I have loved for the longest, but one I will remember forever. I wasn't even this upset when I closed my own game server after years of running it!

I remember the day I met the Intrepids in CoH not long after joining the game and I hope that memory never fades. It was all a long time ago now and I've played other games throughout those years, but....I always go back to CoH. Nothing has come close to the spirit of this game, nothing has given me greater pleasure than to help others in the game, experience the awww of new events and to team with friends from around the world. Also, on the other side of it no other game has made me cry so much and i'm not talking tears of laughter, but tears of frustration!! When the Statesman Task Force was introduced along with it came the most wanted badge of all, the Master of Statesman TF. I had to have it and as soon as possible. It was really hard to complete the TF without anyone dying and we came so close, so many times. Then when we done it we were so proud and also very relieved!!

This game has so much in it, not only have developers put huge amounts of missions in it, but the community has put their own creations in and added thousands of missions that have laughed and sometimes been horrified by! hehe.

It took me well over a year to get my first level 50 and I still remember the ding :-) Then with changes made to the game it became faster to level and soon I had many level 50's. Not one of them I haven't enjoyed, but obviously some more than others! I've spent hours and hours fine tuning, collecting, playing and dying lol. I remember when dying was a big annoyance due to the debt you collected, urgh!

There are so many memories, so many players names that I can think of, that have made my time on CoH the best time i've ever had in an online game. I don't think that anything else will ever match it.

I'll miss my characters, most especially Tidgy and Betty. Betty because she was my first and the one that I was playing when I met the Intrepids and Tidgy because of the enourmous amount of time I enjoyed playing her, collecting hundreds of badges and healing while controlling those bad guys.

Now it's all going and when I tire of what I am currently doing I won't be able to "go back".

Everything is crossed then for the future, fingers, toes, arms, boobs...whatever!!
I'll never let go.
x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:54 am 
Professor

In case people aren't keeping in the loop on everything that's going on (and I know it can be tough to) I'm adding in here that the next planned event is as detailed below:

Maressa on Titan Network Forums wrote:
Ever since our Rally last weekend Tony and I have been working on what our next in game event should be. Rallies are great but we wanted to something a bit more active and something that non VIPs could get involved in. We also wanted something that would be a nod to the developers without whom we would have no game to play. With all of that in mind I would like to announce:

Positron's Ally

Two days of Task Force fun.

On Thursday September 20th at 9PM Eastern/ 2AM UK

And

Saturday September 22nd at 12 Noon Eastern/5PM UK

Join TonyV, myself and the entire Titan Network team in running the Positron Task Forces, part one and two. In the world’s biggest synchronized Positron Task Force group across all the City of Heroes Servers.

Come with a team already formed or make yourself a PUG while you’re there!

Take screenshots, chat with old friends, make new friends and listen to your favorite server based radio stations.

I'm suggesting that we aim to have at least 1 Intrepids team doing this on the saturday time slot (I know that the majority of us aren't going to be able to hit the Thursday one, and the organisers know that).

It would be useful to get declarations of interest\attendance here. I've chosen to do this here rather than start a whole new post... if people think a new post is a better idea let me know and I'll split this off.

For those interested the post on the Titan Forums it's here

Official Chiefette Translator
----------------------------------
Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker
Synaptic Pulse lvl25 Defender

Legends
Ebon Hawk (Claws/Regen Scrapper)
Girl Fusion (Empathy/Rad Blast Defender)
Zenobia Blade (Broadsword/Shield/Blaze Scrapper)
Pyrokyne (Fire/Kin/Mu Corruptor)
Blaize of Glory (Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster)
Silver Falcon (Tri-form Peacebringer)
Second Sun (Fire/Rad Controller)

Institution
Bitter Blizzard lvl 50 Corruptor
Taze lvl 17 Brute

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:39 pm 

Sorry I've missed some of this guys, but logged on tonight and talked to Blast. I would love to join you guys for one "Last Blast" as I can't see myself catching you guys in-game for anything else - or in any other game at the mo. GW2 just doesn't do it for me in the same way, nor did SWTOR (although it did well for a short while), The Secret Wars is pretty good but I have so little time right now that I'm not even tempted to go back to that.

I somehow feel that NC Soft have got all this wrong. The game is too good to just throw away like this.

Anyway guys, good to hear you story Betty. I feel the same. Let me know if you guys could all make at least one "Last Blast" together close to closing time. I'll get it into my diary!

X

[b]MrX Heroes: MrX Lvl 50 warshade. | MIND0R Lvl 50 mind/emp troll | The-Messenger Lvl 50 BS/regen scrap | Covert Lvl 42 kin/pys def | .Relic Lvl 42 illu/emp troll | Havoc Lvl 42 kin/elec def | The-Elemental Lvl 39 storm/dark def | Unsung Lvl 38 dark/regen scrap | WRENCH Lvl 34 shield/wrench tank | The Watcher Lvl 15 earth/rad troller | Villains: FR0STBITE Lvl 50 ice/kin corr | Dark-X Lvl 47 dark/stone brute | N'Ice Lvl 42 ice/rad corr | Vortex Lvl 42 robotics/storm MM | ShadowBaby Lvl 41 claws/regen stalk | The Cloak Lvl 41 energy/energy stalk | Thang Lvl 39 robotics/FF MM | IonFist Lvl 34 energy/ninjitsu stalk | The Somnabulist Lvl 33 dark/nec MM | Mr Kripplin Lvl 32 rad/rad corr | M0RBIUS Lvl 20 necro/poison MM | The Infrigidator Lvl 20 ice/cold corr