THE INTREPIDS & THE INSTITUTION WEBPAGE

It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The sun has set ...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:00 am 
The Little Manic

Hi y'all.

I am sitting here staring at my desktop with tears in my eyes - still unable to comprehend that it really happened. I owe this game so much that I cannot believe that it is just gone - killed by a bunch of nitwits with no business sense or heart! :)

You guys have been amazing all this time and the Intrepids shall go on in other games!
The Flame of Prometheus will continue to burn!

Zos

Level 50s in CoH - @zoser
Zoser (main), ElectroCute, CopyCatz, Fire.Fly, PaintItBlack, Kid Aurora, LittleJoe, Zoserino, Star.Born, Starchild, and Lightning.Strike

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

Post subject: Re: The sun has set ...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:10 am 
 WWW  Profile

Great words Z, cant believe they just dumped us out of the game with that server error, no special goodbye or thank you etc,

I really am gonna miss teaming with you guys on COH and hope we find a new home on a different less awesome MMORPG,

So long and thanks for all the fish,

Supes

Supes' 50 Family:

Super Electrode - Blaster
Warrior Electrode - Scrapper
Electrode Storm - Controller
Captain liberty Jr - Tank
Captain Snowspeed - Defender
Fallout Electrode - Corrupter
Ninja Electrode - Stalker

-------------------------------------------------
Holy Electrified Furballs!!!
Go Super Team Electrode!!!

--------------------------------------------------
@Electrode

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:20 am 
The Little Manic

We could try logging into CO until we have found something permanent? I have a lifetime sub and otherwise it is FTP ...

Zos

Zoser (main), ElectroCute, CopyCatz, Fire.Fly, PaintItBlack, Kid Aurora, LittleJoe, Zoserino, Star.Born, Starchild, and Lightning.Strike

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:21 am 
Site Admin

It was really hard to accept such an end for such a great game. City of Heroes and its community certainly did not deserve it. But it happened and, talking on my behalf, today at 8:00AM NCSoft just pulled their own plug out...

I hope this forum is still going to be our main hub, I'll keep it going as long as I can. As for games, I'll probably play Startrek online for a while, since it's possible to communicate ingame between STO and Champions Online, this will cover our majority.

For those who intend to stop their MMORPG life with the shutting down of CoH, thanks for being a part of this community, it's been a real pleasure and privilege playing this game with you. But please pop in here sometimes and check on us, don't let us miss you :)...

The Intrepids:
Blastor-Level 50 Energy/Fire/Electrical Blaster, Dr. Blast-Level 50 Robotics/Force Field/Mace Mastermind, Holy Blast-Level 50 Peacebringer, Blasting Spines-Level 50 Spines/Regeneration/Body Scrapper, Heatblast-Level 50 Invulnerability/Fiery/Pyre Tanker, Fire Blast-Level 50 Fire/Kinetics/Leviathan Corruptor, Thunder Steel-Level 50 Ninja/Ninjitsu/Mu Stalker, Israfel the Fallen-Level 50 Sonic/Thermal/Dark Corruptor, Blastor Ascended-Level 50 Psychic/Energy/Force Blaster, Fright-Level 50 Kinetic/Dark Armour/Energy Brute, Calibro-Level 50 Dual Pistols/Radiation/Power Corruptor, Nlidia-Level 50 Gravity/Storm/Ice Controller.

The Institution:
Admiral Blast-Level 50 Energy/Energy/Mace Brute, Darkest Blast-Level 50 Mind/Psionic/Leviathan Dominator, Arbiter Blast-Level 50 Crab/Mace Arachnos Soldier, Unmerciful Steel-Level 50 Dual Blades/Willpower/Soul Brute, Mind Blaster-Level 50 Dark Miasma/Psychic/Psychic Defender, Blastor Reborn-Level 50 Ice/Electric/Force Blaster, Superiora-Level 50 Invulnerability/Super Strength/Energy Tanker, Gaia Queen-Level 50 Plant/Empathy/Stone Controller, Shadow Seer-Level 50 Fortunata/Soul Arachnos Widow, Zamana-Level 50 Time/Beam Rifle Defender, Wild Raven-Level 50 Will Power/Street Justice/Energy Tanker, Nlador-Level 50 Titan/Fiery Brute.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:23 am 
 WWW  Profile

already created warrior electrode in CO Zoser but am still finding my feet and am on STO blasty if you wanna team up sometime.

Supes' 50 Family:

@Electrode

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:09 am 
Barbie Girl

I'm sorry i missed our city's final moments but at the same time from what i've heard am a bit glad Meg's last moments in game were what they were and could not have been shared in finer company *sad smile*.

Realy tho ?,just a error message :(

i'm a bit aprehentious (spellcheck someone ^^) about co seeing as i've try'd it before but i'm not against giving it a second chance ,going to go into sto with the same mindset.
It is a bit in the distance but i whould like you guys to keep an eye on "the elderscrolls online" and share your opinions, and in the meantime if any of you were or want to be found on league of legend's field of battle my summoner name is Shirami.

Gods speed Intrepids

Mess wrote:
"We need animal costumes"

Gravity is a harsh mistress

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:16 pm 

Well guys ... what can I say ... I'm so glad i was convinced to going to Dizz's last night to log in one last time. I wasn't sure who I was going to see because when I left the game the community had started to dwindle ... But I couldn't have asked for anything better than logging on and seeing some good old friends. Although years have passed it seemed like I had only been away a day. Supes, Z, Blasty, Meg, Jeanny, Mini, Ebon and X thank you so much for welcoming me back however short my return was. Mess, Chieffette, Catz, MOM, Heal Mastery, Blondi, my dear TM, Betty, Sgt Steele, ALBA, DD and Anna P although you weren't with us I haven't forgotten you. You guys MADE this game for me. Thank you for the memories.

I will keep checking in here with you and maybe one day will own a computer again that i can game on. Love to all!

Lauren x

Lauren:
Blaze: 50: Fire/Trick Arrow/Fire
Frost: 50: Ice/Storm/Ice
Hellfire: 50: Fire/Kinetic/Fire
Mage: 50: Illusion/Force Field/Psionic
Newton: 50: Gravity/Radiation/Psionic
Peace: 50: Mind/Empathy/Primal Forces
Shriek: 50: Gravity/Sonic/Psionic
Stone: 50: Earth/Kinetic/Earth

Also:

Bloom: 49: Plant/Rad/Earth
Melt: 40: Ice/Thermal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:26 pm 
Professor

It was an awful way for it to go (it was awful it went at all, but even worse it just went; not with a bang, or an event but the wimper of a server quietly shutdown in the background).

I'm so glad all you guys could make it for the last hurrah. I'm so proud to have met you all through CoH and I hope we can all keep in touch (I know, I'm rubbish at that too!).

I think for now CO is our best bet for a temporary at least home for us. A few of us have lifetime subs there (Zos and myself at least), and for those who don't it's completely Free To Play. It's not CoH (I don't think anything else is ever going to be so... right... but it's not bad. And hey, even a mediocre game can be made great by good company :D)

I hope to see you all soon, now I'm off to play some Mass Effect 3 (although I really wish right now I could log into CoH)

Official Chiefette Translator
----------------------------------
Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker
Synaptic Pulse lvl25 Defender

Legends
Ebon Hawk (Claws/Regen Scrapper)
Girl Fusion (Empathy/Rad Blast Defender)
Zenobia Blade (Broadsword/Shield/Blaze Scrapper)
Pyrokyne (Fire/Kin/Mu Corruptor)
Blaize of Glory (Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster)
Silver Falcon (Tri-form Peacebringer)
Second Sun (Fire/Rad Controller)

Institution
Bitter Blizzard lvl 50 Corruptor
Taze lvl 17 Brute

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:56 pm 
 WWW  Profile

right guys I have created warrior electrode on CO and so far its not too shabby,

I think my global for CO and STO is Captain_Skillsatchi if anyone wants to add me,

I have noticed that a few of the sound fx are taken from COH so that kinda softens the blow slightly....

Supes' 50 Family:

@Electrode

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:19 pm 

What more can i say. I still fondly remember the time I met you all online and I don't think I will forget it. There are so many wonderful memories that I hold now of CoH and you guys. I remember my first level 50 ding and I remember the duo pact ding with Blast, two moments that had me grinning from ear to ear. There are so many more like that and when I look back at the screen shots it still makes me smile. I don't believe my time on COH would have been as special if i hadn't met the Intrepids. Thank you so much for that x.

I never really got into CO. Tried it, but couldn't get my head around the odd graphics. Funnily enough I've had a 6 month break from MMO's while reasearching my family tree, but just this last week i've been back in LOTRO. It's the same old grind, but it's a game me and Kinell both like to play from time to time.

I drop by the forum too so keep in touch here so I know what you're all up to!

I've met and made some amazing friends in COH and I want to keep you :D

Attachments:
Betty-Blast.gif
Betty-Blast.gif [ 840.58 KiB | Viewed 1814 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:17 am 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

Hi guys from the sounds of things I'm glad i skipped the death of CoH I shall remember it fondly as my first true MMO though.

As to CO im still there playing away and still greatly enjoying the freeform power set up and the improved character creator I'll be the first to admit that I find my self like many of the longer serving players growing discontent with it.

There has been some changes recently for the worse though I still hope the developers and there parent company can get there minds back on the game and add the polish it needs to make it a worthy sucsesor to CoH

Angus(1), Mr Meccano(9), Hard Target(5), Big Zero(18), Anubis(9), Dummy(1)

CoH Globals: @MESS or @TRASH
Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians
Tainted Mess (50) Brute, TRASH (50) Brute, Magmite (50) Brute, Smelt Furnace (50) Brute

The rest of my Alts

Twitter (don't expect me to update it)

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:17 am 
Cherry 'Asra-pa' Disaster

Wow... where do I begin...

I bet a lot of you won't even remember me, since it's been years since I was active on CoH. I never forgot about any of you, though. Hell, it seems I didn't even forget my log-in details for the forum!

I've been out of the MMORPG world for a while now, too busy boring myself to death IRL with work, etc. I was thinking about CoH, and got to listening to some soundtrack music on YouTube, when I wondered how the game was going. I remember when it went FTP and I wondered what that meant for the game, the business, the community, all of it. Obviously, as soon as I googled the game, I saw the news. I feel hollow. I only just found out that this game closed down, so late on, and I feel awful.

You guys MADE CoH the game it was for me. I still remember to this day, being in The Hollows, and Ebon Hawk asking me if I wanted to join his SG. I was still pretty new, but you were all so wonderful. Not long after, my brother joined the SG too, and it became like our virtual home. You all became quick and dear friends to me - I even met up with Meg (Catz) a couple of times, and loved spending time with her.

I remember being nervous to talk on TS during SG nights (Tuesdays, I think?!), and you all gently calling me out on it. I never was a huge talker, but you were all so funny it made just sitting there listening worth it.

This post has become a little long, so I'll try to wrap things up now..

I can't thank each and every one of you enough for everything. You were all so kind, friendly, generous, trustworthy... but most importantly, you were genuine. I felt like I could be myself around you all, which is a precious thing on the internet. You made CoH the perfect memory it is to me now - when I think of it, I think of all the fun I had with you guys. I hold you all in nothing but highest regard, and hope you're all keeping happy and healthy.

If anyone wants to get in touch, don't hesitate to email me at crispayy@hotmail.co.uk. Now I'll go, though; I feel like I've disturbed a sacred place. I'm so happy this forum is still here.

I love you all so much. DD out. [smilie=worship.gif]

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:23 pm 
The Little Manic

Hi everyone,

First - nice seeing you again, DD. I remember you of course and I hope to meet you again in one of the games we are playing right now.

Today I want to once more point out that not all is lost yet - there are two (now) separate teams working on concentrated efforts with the goal of creating a new game as spiritual successor to our "City of Heroes". Both will - if they succeed - be set in Titan City, a name chosen in agreement to honour the central role the Titan Network website has played in the heroic struggle to save the City.

Missing Worlds Media works on 'Project Phoenix'
Please make sure to check out the Missing Worlds Media website and they can also be found on Facebook and Twitter.
Today Polygon published a rather interesting interview called "A Tale of Two Cities", where they give some information about this project. I am helping them out with some translation, so I know a bit more about them.

Heroes and Villains
The Heroes and Villains project, also called "Plan Z" is run by "Golden Girl". I did not have the time yet to look into this one but I wish either project all the luck in the world.

The long and short of it is - there is still hope for our City to come back in some shape or form.

Cheers,
Zos

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:33 pm 

I Dark Disaster. Nice words there - and pretty much how we all felt at the time - so hopefully catch up again when some other MMO has caught our collective attention.

Zos: Followed those links up buddy and will keep following.

Everyone else: I'm still trying to drum up interest in Marvel Heroes. No takers yet but enjoyed it again over the weekend. Was playing through the Scarlet Witch powers. She seems way overpowered except against Elite Villains but the powers/power animations are fun. I'm beginning to think the team-aspects are likely to be poor though even though as the powers all seem very solo orientated. It's still entertaining though so will ploughing on with it come June 4th or so.

Do let me know if anyone is heading that way.

X

[b]MrX Heroes: MrX Lvl 50 warshade. | MIND0R Lvl 50 mind/emp troll | The-Messenger Lvl 50 BS/regen scrap | Covert Lvl 42 kin/pys def | .Relic Lvl 42 illu/emp troll | Havoc Lvl 42 kin/elec def | The-Elemental Lvl 39 storm/dark def | Unsung Lvl 38 dark/regen scrap | WRENCH Lvl 34 shield/wrench tank | The Watcher Lvl 15 earth/rad troller | Villains: FR0STBITE Lvl 50 ice/kin corr | Dark-X Lvl 47 dark/stone brute | N'Ice Lvl 42 ice/rad corr | Vortex Lvl 42 robotics/storm MM | ShadowBaby Lvl 41 claws/regen stalk | The Cloak Lvl 41 energy/energy stalk | Thang Lvl 39 robotics/FF MM | IonFist Lvl 34 energy/ninjitsu stalk | The Somnabulist Lvl 33 dark/nec MM | Mr Kripplin Lvl 32 rad/rad corr | M0RBIUS Lvl 20 necro/poison MM | The Infrigidator Lvl 20 ice/cold corr