THE INTREPIDS & THE INSTITUTION WEBPAGE

It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:40 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: What is SG/VG night ?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:56 am 

There wasn't a question area so I stuck it in here, though it's probably only me who is a thicko and doesn't know anything, and needs to ask one hehe. This may seem a stupid question.

Well of course SG/VG nights are logically for SG/VG members only, but I was wondering what, if any, are the rules. Is it for certain levels only for example or for all levels ? If a SF/TF is done then there may be level requirements, so do most turn out and if too low, the low ones team and do a different TF or missions ?

I have several high level characters but they are tied to my own SG/VG. The characters of mine in Intrepid/Institution are all low and my SG toon is actually for an Ice cream, oops, theme team. I have freelance level 18 and 7 toons not tied to an SG yet but that's my limits. Basically if I wanted to get involved I may be limited to using the ice character or get my level 18/7 inducted into the SG but then I might be unable due to level differences.

Answers on a postcard please :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:13 am 

Don't worry about level difference or your toon being in a different SG.
We basically team up with friends on tuesday (heroes) and thursdays (villains) and we will sort out the level issue at that time when nothing special is planned. A lot of times we might end up with 4 lvl 50's with 4 low level SK's.

If a SF/TF is wanted then make sure it is requested several DAYS before the SG/VG night because otherwise the SF/TF will start a LOT later then you would like. We try to organize them by mentioning them here on the forum but not all SG members read the forum (every day).
If something is organized we keep the simple rule that people who sign up for the event here on the forum get to be in the team before anyone that did not mention on the forum that he/she wants to join.

So if you want a special event to take place then mention it in the taskforce part of the forum and see if people sign up for it.

AP

CoV (lvl 50): Mistress of Souls (Mastermind), Mistress of Roses (Dominator), Rising Nova (Corruptor), Annie last Words (Stalker), Sister Silk (Fortunata), Sister Inquisitor (Widow), Metal Mynx (Brute), Static Shutdown (brute)

DC Online:
PvE: Airstrike (level 12 Hero, Tanker), Catastrophe (level 25 Villain, Healer)
PvP: Ghost Games (level 12 Hero, Controller)

CO: AnnaPuna (26), Annihilator (12), , Crimson Shadow (22), Enforcer (13), Law of the Dead (12), Reaper (13), Yeti (14), Slither (12), Penny Playful (14)

Aion: Aiyana (Spiritmaster)/Gorgos, Lilyth (Chanter)/Perento, Lilyth (Chanter)/Telemachus

"May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine."
Frank Sinatra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:04 am 
The Little Manic

Well said, AP.

Today some of us are planning on doing another Imperious TF - not sure how full the team is, but if you have a level 35+ with access to Cimerora, you can ask team leader Catz if there is room. :)

LINKY!

We sometimes do have friends who are not part of the SG at the SG nights and they are welcome. If the teams are full though, we will give priority to SG members.

Cheers
Zoser

Level 50s in CoH - @zoser
Zoser (main), ElectroCute, CopyCatz, Fire.Fly, PaintItBlack, Kid Aurora, LittleJoe, Zoserino, Star.Born, Starchild, and Lightning.Strike

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:50 pm 
SG Costume Kitty
 WWW  Profile

Yup. SG Nights are basically just a gathering to get some leveling done for the little heroes and the alts.
I'm usually leading teams on SG Night, and seems that I'm heading out to be a frequent Taskforce leader, So if you want in tonight. Just send me a message...If Im not late ;)

Catz

City of Heroes 50's
Catz [Tanker], Blazeix [Brute], White Fox [Triform Peacebringer]
Champions Online
Catz [37 Might/Sorcery], Deus [15 Power Armour/Munitions]

World of Warcraft
Avalei [85 Frost Death Knight] [Server: Defias Brotherhood],Ahlorian [85 Protection Paladin], Ayrn [83 Frost Deathknight], Avali [85 Fury Warrior] [Server: Argent Dawn]
DC Universe
Catz [14 Ice/Brawling Tank]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:56 pm 
Site Admin

Hmm, what is SG/VG Night? We're really not clear about it. Once I learn the true meaning of SG/VG Nights I'll be ascended to my next life :)...

Ancient scrolls left by the founders sooo long ago, even before CoV times and issues that we barely remember, state the followings:

1) Bring your mains so you introduce your SG to new fellow members.

2) Bring your mains so you help fellow members who are close to hitting to the promise land (which is level 50 :) ).

And you shall be rewarded :).

But we cannot/shouldn't implement old meanings to the new/changing game environment. There are new criteria which should be taken into account now. I personally try to achieve the followings, those are my views and I don't expect it from others:

1) To bring a toon which is best for the occasion; if it's a lowbie team then I bring a lowbie, if I don't have a lowbie then I bring a lvl50 to be exemp'd.

2) To be selfless. I don't expect to be PL'd, or to gain huge XP/inf. After all, the main idea is to create a community feeling, I switch to the SG costume (in SG mode or not) and try to contribute to the common fun as much as I can.

3) Not always but most of the time, I gather prestige for the SG.

That's all really...

The Intrepids:
Blastor-Level 50 Energy/Fire/Electrical Blaster, Dr. Blast-Level 50 Robotics/Force Field/Mace Mastermind, Holy Blast-Level 50 Peacebringer, Blasting Spines-Level 50 Spines/Regeneration/Body Scrapper, Heatblast-Level 50 Invulnerability/Fiery/Pyre Tanker, Fire Blast-Level 50 Fire/Kinetics/Leviathan Corruptor, Thunder Steel-Level 50 Ninja/Ninjitsu/Mu Stalker, Israfel the Fallen-Level 50 Sonic/Thermal/Dark Corruptor, Blastor Ascended-Level 50 Psychic/Energy/Force Blaster, Fright-Level 50 Kinetic/Dark Armour/Energy Brute, Calibro-Level 50 Dual Pistols/Radiation/Power Corruptor, Nlidia-Level 50 Gravity/Storm/Ice Controller.

The Institution:
Admiral Blast-Level 50 Energy/Energy/Mace Brute, Darkest Blast-Level 50 Mind/Psionic/Leviathan Dominator, Arbiter Blast-Level 50 Crab/Mace Arachnos Soldier, Unmerciful Steel-Level 50 Dual Blades/Willpower/Soul Brute, Mind Blaster-Level 50 Dark Miasma/Psychic/Psychic Defender, Blastor Reborn-Level 50 Ice/Electric/Force Blaster, Superiora-Level 50 Invulnerability/Super Strength/Energy Tanker, Gaia Queen-Level 50 Plant/Empathy/Stone Controller, Shadow Seer-Level 50 Fortunata/Soul Arachnos Widow, Zamana-Level 50 Time/Beam Rifle Defender, Wild Raven-Level 50 Will Power/Street Justice/Energy Tanker, Nlador-Level 50 Titan/Fiery Brute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:00 pm 

Thanks for all the answers and making it clear.

I may be a little bit late off the mark for this week, plus not sure how long it takes and will maybe not be able to be online for the ending of the TF. Think I would probably be in the mood to play my ill/rad controller for it too but he hasn't done the Cimerora access arc yet and probably won't be able to do it in time either.

Will perhaps just try to get my level 7 fire tanker up a little higher, although if I can get online before 6 (might be unlikely tonight as I'm having to do the food) I might get it done, shall see how it goes and let you know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:34 pm 
Professor

As I seem to be the main one in the SG that actually tries to plan ahead and prepare, I have a number of toons with the last (or last but one) mission in the Cimerora access arc lined up. As such we can quickly arrange access to the midnight club (and thus Cimerora for those lvl 35 and higher).

To be honest, while we have managed before to have the access arc and the TF done on the same evening, it does make life harder.

Official Chiefette Translator
----------------------------------
Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker
Synaptic Pulse lvl25 Defender

Legends
Ebon Hawk (Claws/Regen Scrapper)
Girl Fusion (Empathy/Rad Blast Defender)
Zenobia Blade (Broadsword/Shield/Blaze Scrapper)
Pyrokyne (Fire/Kin/Mu Corruptor)
Blaize of Glory (Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster)
Silver Falcon (Tri-form Peacebringer)
Second Sun (Fire/Rad Controller)

Institution
Bitter Blizzard lvl 50 Corruptor
Taze lvl 17 Brute