THE INTREPIDS & THE INSTITUTION WEBPAGE

It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Joining...?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:49 pm 
Hi there,
I`m a grown up child of 38, married with 2 sons and I enjoy playing CoH (I also have CoV tough I didn`t yet started playing).

I`m telling you all those personal infos simply because I`m really not into powerleveling and I have some few time to play. Usually it`s monday to thursday after 22 CET.

I enjoy a bit of lighthearthed roleplaying and I enjoy teaming up.

And I`m really enjoying CoH simply because it`s entartaining.

And I found out a lot of mature people. Helpfully and also willing to just chit chat a bit about everything.

My last mmorpg experience was WoW, and I simply got bored (after reaching 60 with just 1 pg in 13 months... I think it was in some way a record...) because it was becoming too much similar to an everyday job (hey, tonight I need to do the raid for the 100th time to get my epic socks... uff... so tired about it...).

In CoH I found what I`m looking for: fun.

My hero on Union is Big None. And it`s a level 6 tank.

I was already invited in a SG and I was so happy about it. I was in the Hollows and I was suddenly invited by a stranger. I accepted it. Then after 2 session in which I started chatting in the SG channel and nobody was answering I left it.

Not that I want to chat extensively instead of playing, but well, just saying "Hi" when I say "Hi there" was the missing interaction I`m looking for in a group.

And then there`s the fact that I like Guilds/Groups/Whatever where there`s a sense of being part of a community and where there are events or things that the group wants to accomplish and where I can play my small part.

I heard about you on the Union official forums and I simply would like to know if I would be accepted and "usefull" in such a Supergroup as the Intrepids now that you know that I`m a noob that will reach 50 when CoH 3 will be released, that will ask a lot of questions and that will ask for teaming just for the purpose of teaming practically each time he`s online (that it`s not so often).

Ah, I`m italian.

And as you noticed I tend to talk/write too much.

See you, and sorry for the lenght of the post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:51 pm 
Professor

You sound perfect for us :wink:

I'll keep my eyes open for you (as I'm sure others will too :D)

I'm not sure how many active charaters we have around that level.... talk to Mess, he usually has some lower level toons (yeah, yeah... I know I do too :D) Mess and I tend to suffer from serious altaholism.

Official Chiefette Translator
----------------------------------
Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker
Synaptic Pulse lvl25 Defender

Legends
Ebon Hawk (Claws/Regen Scrapper)
Girl Fusion (Empathy/Rad Blast Defender)
Zenobia Blade (Broadsword/Shield/Blaze Scrapper)
Pyrokyne (Fire/Kin/Mu Corruptor)
Blaize of Glory (Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster)
Silver Falcon (Tri-form Peacebringer)
Second Sun (Fire/Rad Controller)

Institution
Bitter Blizzard lvl 50 Corruptor
Taze lvl 17 Brute

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:02 pm 
Ebon Hawk wrote:
I'm not sure how many active charaters we have around that level.... talk to Mess, he usually has some lower level toons (yeah, yeah... I know I do too :D) Mess and I tend to suffer from serious altaholism.

Huh... too fast answer... !

Well, don`t be worried about this: due to my "constraints" I`m always well below the average level of the guilds/groups I`m in and I`m starting to getting used to it.

So if there`s someone to group with it`s ok, otherwise I`ll do fine as I`m doing now with random pick up groups while I (slowly...) grow and reach (whenever...) you all.

What I`m looking for is a community and a group that "try to do stuff".

This helps me in having a goal in leveling (because I want to do what the "big calibers" are doing).

And then there`s the fact that I`ll enjoy answers to questions (hehe...) and the sense of "being part of something big".

So, as said, if there`s someone at my level or lower, then I would gladly help or got helped in doing stuff together, otherwise... well... I`ll do what I`m doing plus sometime I could write lenghty posts on a SG forum... hehe...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:52 pm 

Big None. Bon journo! Is that how you spell it!?!?

The Intrepids system computer welcomes and invites you to join very own RP group The Unreal Intrepids. We're a new RP group just started on Thursday and will probably continue to meet at 7.30 or so most Tuesday and Thursdays for an hour or so. The Unreals are currently trying to solve an ongoing mystery and you should apply here to help.

Off course we run something like 4 other SG's and have one dedicated to level 50s only, another dedicated to lower levels and so on. Tuesday is the good-guys night and Thursdays we're the bad guys.

Sign up and you'll get access to our private forums where you can get involved and start brushing up our Italian! You'll need a pretty big brush to start with!

Caio.
PS The Intrepids computer is multi-lingual but equally poor in all of them!

network address: http://192.168.2.1/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:02 pm 
_system wrote:
The Intrepids system computer welcomes and invites you to join very own RP group The Unreal Intrepids. We're a new RP group just started on Thursday and will probably continue to meet at 7.30 or so most Tuesday and Thursdays for an hour or so. The Unreals are currently trying to solve an ongoing mystery and you should apply here to help.

Buon giorno to you nice _system ! I always wondered where Bill Gates would lead us and finally I`m discovering it here...: an italian talking sentient computer willing to do some roleplaying...

Jokes apart, I would gladly join this group as it sounds really something I would enjoy (as said I like to roleplay in a lighthearthed way): the only concern I have is that at 7:30 pm (I assume is GMT, so it`s 8:30 CET) I have some supertask to accomplish such as putting food in the mouth of the smallest son and then taking the oldest one to bed with a nice story about Winnie the Pooh.

Put also here and there some kisses and hugs to wife so to get clearance to go play CoH.

All those tremendously heroic missions let me be available in Paragon City only after 22:00 CET (meaning 21:00 GMT if I`m not wrong): if you`ll ever have activities around this timeframe I would gladly take part to it, otherwise I would always be late...

Let me know: ciao _system !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:10 pm 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

hiya i wont even try saying it in forn my english is bad anuff :D

were a freindly bunch with a mix of ages and im sure there's some members about your lvl as we cover a pretty broad spectrum so sign up and join the fun :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:03 pm 
The Little Manic

Looking forward to meeting you soon, mate :)

Zoser

Level 50s in CoH - @zoser
Zoser (main), ElectroCute, CopyCatz, Fire.Fly, PaintItBlack, Kid Aurora, LittleJoe, Zoserino, Star.Born, Starchild, and Lightning.Strike

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:06 pm 
SG Costume Kitty
 WWW  Profile

Hope to see you playing CoX soon :) Its good to have those few older members in the supergroup as well as the kids :wink:

Catz

City of Heroes 50's
Catz [Tanker], Blazeix [Brute], White Fox [Triform Peacebringer]
Champions Online
Catz [37 Might/Sorcery], Deus [15 Power Armour/Munitions]

World of Warcraft
Avalei [85 Frost Death Knight] [Server: Defias Brotherhood],Ahlorian [85 Protection Paladin], Ayrn [83 Frost Deathknight], Avali [85 Fury Warrior] [Server: Argent Dawn]
DC Universe
Catz [14 Ice/Brawling Tank]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:32 pm 
Sorry... was online late tonight (at 23 CET...) and I didnt saw anyone of you around...

I had a lot of fun though... hehe...

Well hope to see you next time, meanwhile thanks for the warm welcome !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:23 am 

Big None wrote:
All those tremendously heroic missions let me be available in Paragon City only after 22:00 CET (meaning 21:00 GMT if I`m not wrong): if you`ll ever have activities around this timeframe I would gladly take part to it, otherwise I would always be late...

The time is not a rpoblem at all and all SG's are on pretty late but you must register so that we can invite you into the game SG's as well as tell you more about Operation Hide And Seek.

network address: http://192.168.2.1/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:33 am 
The Antagonist

Catz wrote:
Hope to see you playing CoX soon :) Its good to have those few older members in the supergroup as well as the kids :wink:

Catz

Bless you wouldn't think she was only 11....

Anyway we are a nice friendly SG (Execpt for Mess who is evil) and have at least one Italian member that I know of.

We have 3 hero supergroups at the moment, Teen Intrepids' normally for members 1 to 20, Intrepids 20 - 50 (although we don't force people to be in either) and intrepid Legends lvl 50. The reason was the SG Intrepids started getting a bit full.

We have a channel open for all three SG as well as bases.

As for teaming we have people of all lvls and we do not mind Side Kicking them.

We will also help you train in PvP if you want.

BTW I normally play as a villain, but I do have a lvl 7 Tank floating around somewhere although I can only give you help tonight as I'm doing a TF at 1pm today.

My Global address (just add Global Friend) is @Mind Over Matter if you have any further questions that you don't want this lot (especiallu Mess) knowing about.

Anyway Hope to see you soon

MoM

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help her on her quest for world domination.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:41 am 
Puppy

Mind Over Matter wrote:
Anyway we are a nice friendly SG (Execpt for Mess who is evil) and have at least one Italian member that I know of.

'cough'
Debatable that is indeedly...Mess may not be the only evil chappy in our quarters..
Chiefette

Ferdinette- Level 50 Robot/Dark Mastermind
Thalia- Level 50 Earth/Storm Controller
The Real True Catz Fan, accept no imitations

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:06 pm 
Thanks again to all...

_system: yesterday I registered on the forum with the work mail address... still have not received anything.

If by monday I haven't received the activation I'll re-register.

About the rest: I'm normally not so much online during weekends (eventually during family nap after lunch...) since I take the whole family around to see friends.

If we don't get together during the weekend I'll surely be online monday (huh... well... monday there's Italy playing... bah... CoH is more fun...).

Thanks again to all !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:48 pm 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

hi Big None you should find your accounts now active if its not send me a pm and ill try and work out Y

Mess

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:41 pm 

Hi there! So we have an itallian stallion to join hehe! (dont worry TM you are still my one and only hehe) well I am lauren and i know for a fact i have a gazzilion low lvl chars from 4 - 18 so add me to your global if you like it is @Lauren Peace Although i am the blonde of the group so prob best not to ask me questions hehe as i am a bit stupid sometimes.......... ok ok dont say any thing MoM i know im lying to myself...... most times! heh but would be fun teaming with a nice jolly person like yourself :D hope to see you around v soon!

Lauren
(The Almost 50 :D on the home stretch)

Lauren:
Blaze: 50: Fire/Trick Arrow/Fire
Frost: 50: Ice/Storm/Ice
Hellfire: 50: Fire/Kinetic/Fire
Mage: 50: Illusion/Force Field/Psionic
Newton: 50: Gravity/Radiation/Psionic
Peace: 50: Mind/Empathy/Primal Forces
Shriek: 50: Gravity/Sonic/Psionic
Stone: 50: Earth/Kinetic/Earth

Also:

Bloom: 49: Plant/Rad/Earth
Melt: 40: Ice/Thermal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:38 pm 
Thanks Mess... but I was stupid enough to use the work mail to register, so I'll authenticate the account monday...

Sorry...

And dear Lauren... well... I WAS an italian "stallion"... now Big None is just an italian... well... an italian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:42 am 
Site Admin

Hi Big None,

I don't know whether you've already been invited to our SG, but if not, my global chat handle is @Blastor.

If you log late again just search for me. As you see the time of this post I cover the nightshift of the Intrepids :)

See you soon...

The Intrepids:
Blastor-Level 50 Energy/Fire/Electrical Blaster, Dr. Blast-Level 50 Robotics/Force Field/Mace Mastermind, Holy Blast-Level 50 Peacebringer, Blasting Spines-Level 50 Spines/Regeneration/Body Scrapper, Heatblast-Level 50 Invulnerability/Fiery/Pyre Tanker, Fire Blast-Level 50 Fire/Kinetics/Leviathan Corruptor, Thunder Steel-Level 50 Ninja/Ninjitsu/Mu Stalker, Israfel the Fallen-Level 50 Sonic/Thermal/Dark Corruptor, Blastor Ascended-Level 50 Psychic/Energy/Force Blaster, Fright-Level 50 Kinetic/Dark Armour/Energy Brute, Calibro-Level 50 Dual Pistols/Radiation/Power Corruptor, Nlidia-Level 50 Gravity/Storm/Ice Controller.

The Institution:
Admiral Blast-Level 50 Energy/Energy/Mace Brute, Darkest Blast-Level 50 Mind/Psionic/Leviathan Dominator, Arbiter Blast-Level 50 Crab/Mace Arachnos Soldier, Unmerciful Steel-Level 50 Dual Blades/Willpower/Soul Brute, Mind Blaster-Level 50 Dark Miasma/Psychic/Psychic Defender, Blastor Reborn-Level 50 Ice/Electric/Force Blaster, Superiora-Level 50 Invulnerability/Super Strength/Energy Tanker, Gaia Queen-Level 50 Plant/Empathy/Stone Controller, Shadow Seer-Level 50 Fortunata/Soul Arachnos Widow, Zamana-Level 50 Time/Beam Rifle Defender, Wild Raven-Level 50 Will Power/Street Justice/Energy Tanker, Nlador-Level 50 Titan/Fiery Brute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:12 am 

Thanks Blastor: I'm still not yet in the SG, so I'd look for you during next nights.

Is there anyone else I have to look for (Mess ? Ebon Hawk ? _System ?) ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:36 am 
SG Costume Kitty
 WWW  Profile

'rolls in' im usually on fairly late during weekends so if you like add @Catz. to the global and see if im on white fox 'rolls back off'

Catz, the sausage roll

oh and system i have someone on hold for the unreals

City of Heroes 50's
Catz [Tanker], Blazeix [Brute], White Fox [Triform Peacebringer]
Champions Online
Catz [37 Might/Sorcery], Deus [15 Power Armour/Munitions]

World of Warcraft
Avalei [85 Frost Death Knight] [Server: Defias Brotherhood],Ahlorian [85 Protection Paladin], Ayrn [83 Frost Deathknight], Avali [85 Fury Warrior] [Server: Argent Dawn]
DC Universe
Catz [14 Ice/Brawling Tank]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:43 am 
Puppy

'parachutes in and commando rolls onto the floor'
Well i'm currently on COH kinda rarely with school exams to still finish (7 left :D yay!). However after them, (around 22nd of this fair month) I'll really be on COH all the dang time,
otherwise then my global is @Chiefette
'dives out a nearby window'
Chiefette, the Commando (roll)

Ferdinette- Level 50 Robot/Dark Mastermind
Thalia- Level 50 Earth/Storm Controller
The Real True Catz Fan, accept no imitations

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:28 pm 

Well... somehow I was wrong: registered the forum account today.

Now I'm ready to become a real Intrepid !

I'll probably be online tomorrow after Italy's match...

And well, since my first message... today I hit 9...