THE INTREPIDS & THE INSTITUTION WEBPAGE

It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ] 
 Post subject: Forum Layout
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:07 am 
Site Admin

Some suggestions about the Forum Layout:

1) I dont think we need puclic forum for each section. I'd prefer one general public section explaining The Intrepids, The Institution and WoW Intrepids and a "contact us" thread for people wishing to join...

2) One private section including CoH & CoV. This is where The Intrepids & The Institution members will be able to communicate and know each other. We have some members who only own CoV and dont know much about The Intrepids. This might also be a good chance to lure them to CoH :)

3) Kin should post his first message in CoH section, not in WoW :D

4) And I think it's best to post messages in "off topic discussions" section for a while, until we modify and finalise the forum layout...

The Intrepids:
Blastor-Level 50 Energy/Fire/Electrical Blaster, Dr. Blast-Level 50 Robotics/Force Field/Mace Mastermind, Holy Blast-Level 50 Peacebringer, Blasting Spines-Level 50 Spines/Regeneration/Body Scrapper, Heatblast-Level 50 Invulnerability/Fiery/Pyre Tanker, Fire Blast-Level 50 Fire/Kinetics/Leviathan Corruptor, Thunder Steel-Level 50 Ninja/Ninjitsu/Mu Stalker, Israfel the Fallen-Level 50 Sonic/Thermal/Dark Corruptor, Blastor Ascended-Level 50 Psychic/Energy/Force Blaster, Fright-Level 50 Kinetic/Dark Armour/Energy Brute, Calibro-Level 50 Dual Pistols/Radiation/Power Corruptor, Nlidia-Level 50 Gravity/Storm/Ice Controller.

The Institution:
Admiral Blast-Level 50 Energy/Energy/Mace Brute, Darkest Blast-Level 50 Mind/Psionic/Leviathan Dominator, Arbiter Blast-Level 50 Crab/Mace Arachnos Soldier, Unmerciful Steel-Level 50 Dual Blades/Willpower/Soul Brute, Mind Blaster-Level 50 Dark Miasma/Psychic/Psychic Defender, Blastor Reborn-Level 50 Ice/Electric/Force Blaster, Superiora-Level 50 Invulnerability/Super Strength/Energy Tanker, Gaia Queen-Level 50 Plant/Empathy/Stone Controller, Shadow Seer-Level 50 Fortunata/Soul Arachnos Widow, Zamana-Level 50 Time/Beam Rifle Defender, Wild Raven-Level 50 Will Power/Street Justice/Energy Tanker, Nlador-Level 50 Titan/Fiery Brute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:59 pm 
The different sections is in case you want seperate forums for each game, like, in the WoW section we might create one for the proffessions etc, or in CoH you might want to create a new forum section for Arena battles, or base raids or something. I can certainly look into maybe merging the general discussion bits into one section, and keep the smaller, more subject orientated sections into one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:09 pm 
Site Admin

Let's just treat CoH & CoV as one game instead of two...

I think we need subsections called as The Intrepids & The Institution to discuss CoH or CoV matters...

The Intrepids:
Blastor-Level 50 Energy/Fire/Electrical Blaster, Dr. Blast-Level 50 Robotics/Force Field/Mace Mastermind, Holy Blast-Level 50 Peacebringer, Blasting Spines-Level 50 Spines/Regeneration/Body Scrapper, Heatblast-Level 50 Invulnerability/Fiery/Pyre Tanker, Fire Blast-Level 50 Fire/Kinetics/Leviathan Corruptor, Thunder Steel-Level 50 Ninja/Ninjitsu/Mu Stalker, Israfel the Fallen-Level 50 Sonic/Thermal/Dark Corruptor, Blastor Ascended-Level 50 Psychic/Energy/Force Blaster, Fright-Level 50 Kinetic/Dark Armour/Energy Brute, Calibro-Level 50 Dual Pistols/Radiation/Power Corruptor, Nlidia-Level 50 Gravity/Storm/Ice Controller.

The Institution:
Admiral Blast-Level 50 Energy/Energy/Mace Brute, Darkest Blast-Level 50 Mind/Psionic/Leviathan Dominator, Arbiter Blast-Level 50 Crab/Mace Arachnos Soldier, Unmerciful Steel-Level 50 Dual Blades/Willpower/Soul Brute, Mind Blaster-Level 50 Dark Miasma/Psychic/Psychic Defender, Blastor Reborn-Level 50 Ice/Electric/Force Blaster, Superiora-Level 50 Invulnerability/Super Strength/Energy Tanker, Gaia Queen-Level 50 Plant/Empathy/Stone Controller, Shadow Seer-Level 50 Fortunata/Soul Arachnos Widow, Zamana-Level 50 Time/Beam Rifle Defender, Wild Raven-Level 50 Will Power/Street Justice/Energy Tanker, Nlador-Level 50 Titan/Fiery Brute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:12 pm 
OK.

Ill do some changes now then you tell me if its what you mean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:14 pm 
hows that? nipping for shower, back in ten minutes, remember you can make changes now if your not happy with anything,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:15 am 
Professor

Forums are looking good now guys :)

How about an events forum? I think we used to have one (the Missions/Task Forces forum).

We could have a generic public one, but more inclined to suggest a seperate one for each area (Intrepids, Institution and WoW Intrepids).

On a side note, with the unified across game worlds thing going on, maybe in CoV we should have been the Intrepids Infernal :?

But I like The Institution... got a good menacing ring to it :D

Official Chiefette Translator
----------------------------------
Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker
Synaptic Pulse lvl25 Defender

Legends
Ebon Hawk (Claws/Regen Scrapper)
Girl Fusion (Empathy/Rad Blast Defender)
Zenobia Blade (Broadsword/Shield/Blaze Scrapper)
Pyrokyne (Fire/Kin/Mu Corruptor)
Blaize of Glory (Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster)
Silver Falcon (Tri-form Peacebringer)
Second Sun (Fire/Rad Controller)

Institution
Bitter Blizzard lvl 50 Corruptor
Taze lvl 17 Brute

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:10 am 
Site Admin

I have the following suggestions to finalise the forum layout:

1) I think we should have one general forum section and delete 3 public sections. Help & Advice and Photography can be moved to general forum section and they can serve all three games. Otherwise the main page is too long...

2) I'm really happy to have a third SG in this forum but we're talking about 2 different games here. Each game should have its own private forum and subsections there. If we allow one subsection for all The Intrepids matters, thread page will be very hard to manage in the future.

And when it comes to private section, it becomes a SG matter. So I think it's better to call "The Intrepids Member Discussions" for instance rather then "CoH Members Discussions"

So basically there'll be 3 sections:

1) General Forum
2) The Intrepids & The Institution Private Forum
3) WoW Intrepids Private Forum

I don't wanna change everything my own way, I have the admin account just to maintain the forum page when Kin is away. So send your suggestions please...

The Intrepids:

The Institution:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:37 am 
Professor

It probably makes sense to at least have seperate help and advice sections for each of the 3 games. I know the front page is sizable, but I think we can over combine here.

Whilst CoH and CoV are very simliar, there are enough differences (such as AT's and tactics) that they should probably be kept distinct.... and WoW is certainly a totally different kettle of fish :)

I agree with your suggestion B that we have
1) Public area
2) Intrepids and Institution Private area (with possible distinction between Intrepids and Institution, as not all members are members of both.
3) WoW Intrepids private area.

I know this is turning into a bit of a trial, but it's worth getting a good, coherent setup now... even if it takes a couple of itterations :)

Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker

Legends

Institution
Taze lvl 17 Brute

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:38 pm 
Site Admin

I changed the forum layout a little :)

What do you think now Ebon? And can you see privates sections btw?

The Intrepids:

The Institution:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:52 pm 
Professor

Looks good (although it didn't look bad before :))

Still not sure on the single help/advice section, but it would possibly be a bit cluttered with 3 of them.

We'll have to see how it goes, but definite progress :D

*edited*
where did the missions & events forum go? I'm sure there was one earlier.

Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker

Legends

Institution
Taze lvl 17 Brute

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:04 pm 
Site Admin

Ebon can you see the private section?

The Intrepids:

The Institution:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:09 pm 
Professor

I can yes :)

Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker

Legends

Institution
Taze lvl 17 Brute

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:11 pm 
Site Admin

How about the post regarding the webpage?

The Intrepids:

The Institution:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:24 pm 
Professor

that seems to have disappeared.

which forum area was it in again?

I know I saw it earlier... as it had specific details on images and character details to supply for the page :(

Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker

Legends

Institution
Taze lvl 17 Brute

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:31 pm 
Site Admin

try now...

The Intrepids:

The Institution:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:41 pm 
Professor

it's all back :)

what had happened?

Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker

Legends

Institution
Taze lvl 17 Brute

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:48 pm 
Site Admin

Some permissions were set to "private users", but we don't have private users but registered users only, so I changed everything to "registered users"...

I'm learning :)

The Intrepids:

The Institution:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:02 pm 
Professor

no problem :)

Do we think we need the distinction between registered users and private users?

I'd say that we're probably OK as we are, at least for now :)

Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker

Legends

Institution
Taze lvl 17 Brute

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:31 pm 
Blastor, Registered users allows anyone who is registered to see and post. The private one allows only people we allow to see them, to see them.

Each person needs to be setup on the user permissions database section to be allowed to view the private section. I did this for all users that signed up last night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:56 pm 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

i can now see it but cant post it we permissions exetra should really be sorted before we start askin members questions as its very anoying to type out a nice long post only for it to tell you u cant post it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:48 am 
Professor

Good point Mess :D

Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker

Legends

Institution
Taze lvl 17 Brute

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]