THE INTREPIDS & THE INSTITUTION WEBPAGE

It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Suggestion
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:38 am 

Please would you consider increasing the size of the font on the forum to make it more readable? Some of us can't see too well.... :roll: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:43 am 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

Moved this to the relivent section

Angus(1), Mr Meccano(9), Hard Target(5), Big Zero(18), Anubis(9), Dummy(1)

CoH Globals: @MESS or @TRASH
Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians
Tainted Mess (50) Brute, TRASH (50) Brute, Magmite (50) Brute, Smelt Furnace (50) Brute

The rest of my Alts

Twitter (don't expect me to update it)

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:48 am 
Site Admin

Sorry Betty,

As far as I know this forum template comes fixed and you cannot modify it (I mean there's no option to change font size, ofcourse everything is possible if you're a professional web designer).

All I can suggest you is to reduce screen resolution...

The Intrepids:
Blastor-Level 50 Energy/Fire/Electrical Blaster, Dr. Blast-Level 50 Robotics/Force Field/Mace Mastermind, Holy Blast-Level 50 Peacebringer, Blasting Spines-Level 50 Spines/Regeneration/Body Scrapper, Heatblast-Level 50 Invulnerability/Fiery/Pyre Tanker, Fire Blast-Level 50 Fire/Kinetics/Leviathan Corruptor, Thunder Steel-Level 50 Ninja/Ninjitsu/Mu Stalker, Israfel the Fallen-Level 50 Sonic/Thermal/Dark Corruptor, Blastor Ascended-Level 50 Psychic/Energy/Force Blaster, Fright-Level 50 Kinetic/Dark Armour/Energy Brute, Calibro-Level 50 Dual Pistols/Radiation/Power Corruptor, Nlidia-Level 50 Gravity/Storm/Ice Controller.

The Institution:
Admiral Blast-Level 50 Energy/Energy/Mace Brute, Darkest Blast-Level 50 Mind/Psionic/Leviathan Dominator, Arbiter Blast-Level 50 Crab/Mace Arachnos Soldier, Unmerciful Steel-Level 50 Dual Blades/Willpower/Soul Brute, Mind Blaster-Level 50 Dark Miasma/Psychic/Psychic Defender, Blastor Reborn-Level 50 Ice/Electric/Force Blaster, Superiora-Level 50 Invulnerability/Super Strength/Energy Tanker, Gaia Queen-Level 50 Plant/Empathy/Stone Controller, Shadow Seer-Level 50 Fortunata/Soul Arachnos Widow, Zamana-Level 50 Time/Beam Rifle Defender, Wild Raven-Level 50 Will Power/Street Justice/Energy Tanker, Nlador-Level 50 Titan/Fiery Brute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:52 am 
The Little Manic

Hi,

I must say that I agree that a bigger font size would be a good idea. Maybe we could post it to the people who made the forums?
Or on second thought we could ask Kin if there is a way to do this - after all he changed the colour scheme to our beautiful Intrepid's colours, so there may be a way ...? :)

On that note - in the profile section it lets you change the colour scheme - currently we are using a scheme called Quidditch. Fire.Fly just suggested that maybe it could be possible to add an Institution colour scheme?

Zoser

Level 50s in CoH - @zoser
Zoser (main), ElectroCute, CopyCatz, Fire.Fly, PaintItBlack, Kid Aurora, LittleJoe, Zoserino, Star.Born, Starchild, and Lightning.Strike

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:21 pm 
Site Admin

Zos,

Quidditch is not just a colour scheme, it is the whole forum layout including button style & size, font size & colour, background colour, basically everything.

Kin selected this layout because it's the closest to our SG colours.

The only difference in the original quidditch is the text colour, which is orange. Everything else is the same. Text colour can easily be changed but I personally dont know how to change the background colour...

The Intrepids:
Blastor-Level 50 Energy/Fire/Electrical Blaster, Dr. Blast-Level 50 Robotics/Force Field/Mace Mastermind, Holy Blast-Level 50 Peacebringer, Blasting Spines-Level 50 Spines/Regeneration/Body Scrapper, Heatblast-Level 50 Invulnerability/Fiery/Pyre Tanker, Fire Blast-Level 50 Fire/Kinetics/Leviathan Corruptor, Thunder Steel-Level 50 Ninja/Ninjitsu/Mu Stalker, Israfel the Fallen-Level 50 Sonic/Thermal/Dark Corruptor, Blastor Ascended-Level 50 Psychic/Energy/Force Blaster, Fright-Level 50 Kinetic/Dark Armour/Energy Brute, Calibro-Level 50 Dual Pistols/Radiation/Power Corruptor, Nlidia-Level 50 Gravity/Storm/Ice Controller.

The Institution:
Admiral Blast-Level 50 Energy/Energy/Mace Brute, Darkest Blast-Level 50 Mind/Psionic/Leviathan Dominator, Arbiter Blast-Level 50 Crab/Mace Arachnos Soldier, Unmerciful Steel-Level 50 Dual Blades/Willpower/Soul Brute, Mind Blaster-Level 50 Dark Miasma/Psychic/Psychic Defender, Blastor Reborn-Level 50 Ice/Electric/Force Blaster, Superiora-Level 50 Invulnerability/Super Strength/Energy Tanker, Gaia Queen-Level 50 Plant/Empathy/Stone Controller, Shadow Seer-Level 50 Fortunata/Soul Arachnos Widow, Zamana-Level 50 Time/Beam Rifle Defender, Wild Raven-Level 50 Will Power/Street Justice/Energy Tanker, Nlador-Level 50 Titan/Fiery Brute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:32 pm 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

styles can be changed and edited by the forum admin i beleive it works in a simalar way to html.

handy link to forum styles and other stuff

http://www.phpbb.com/support/guide/#section3_4_2

Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians
Tainted Mess (50) Brute, TRASH (50) Brute, Magmite (50) Brute, Smelt Furnace (50) Brute

The rest of my Alts

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:34 pm 
Professor

I was about to say I should imagine it's pretty standard markup, just all rolled into a "style".

You can probably sort it fairly easily B

Always happy to help tho if you need.

Official Chiefette Translator
----------------------------------
Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker
Synaptic Pulse lvl25 Defender

Legends
Ebon Hawk (Claws/Regen Scrapper)
Girl Fusion (Empathy/Rad Blast Defender)
Zenobia Blade (Broadsword/Shield/Blaze Scrapper)
Pyrokyne (Fire/Kin/Mu Corruptor)
Blaize of Glory (Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster)
Silver Falcon (Tri-form Peacebringer)
Second Sun (Fire/Rad Controller)

Institution
Bitter Blizzard lvl 50 Corruptor
Taze lvl 17 Brute

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:40 pm 
Site Admin

I went through that option page when I was installing the forum in my webspace Mess.

Wasn't as easy for me as it sounds...

But if you're unhappy about the forum design or you want change it slightly I think The Kinetrical Man has to be consulted...

The Intrepids:

The Institution:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:40 pm 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

yea i would guess its all a matter of changing the defaul font size all you have to do is find the corect line and change the number. however finding the corect number may be more dificult .

Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians

The rest of my Alts

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:48 pm 
Professor

Did you ever manage to speak to Kin about roping in (I mean aquiring) some assistants to help you out with admining the forums B?... or is it still just you?

Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker

Legends

Institution
Taze lvl 17 Brute

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:53 pm 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

talking of kin is he about this weather not seen his name agenst any posts for a while :?:

Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians

The rest of my Alts

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:57 pm 
Professor

He posted about a week ago I think

Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker

Legends

Institution
Taze lvl 17 Brute

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:05 pm 
Site Admin

To be honest Ebon, I totally forgot about it. I'll send him an email (or hope he sees this post) :)

I might need someone to share the responsibility.

The Intrepids:

The Institution:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:08 pm 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

ment to ask in my other message what version of phpBB is the forum running on as it seems there's a shiny new version 2.0 available

Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians

The rest of my Alts

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:15 pm 
The Little Manic

Hi Blast,

the font size is something I would consider important, but the colour scheme was just an idea - and if it is complex, we should drop it. :)

EDIT/
Zoser
/EDIT

Zoser (main), ElectroCute, CopyCatz, Fire.Fly, PaintItBlack, Kid Aurora, LittleJoe, Zoserino, Star.Born, Starchild, and Lightning.Strike

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

Last edited by Zoser on Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:47 pm 
Professor

Zoser wrote:
Torsten

tut tut.. carelessly letting your secret identity slip like that! 8)

P.S. Betty, as a quick workaround, did you know that (assuming you have a mouse with a scrollwheel) in WindowsXP if you hold control and roll the scroll wheel in a browser you can increase/decrease the text size on a page. Not that we will stop looking at the default sizes here.

Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker

Legends

Institution
Taze lvl 17 Brute

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:09 pm 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

dose that work ebon i had tried using the change size icon in explorer but it doesnt effect the typed text for some reason

Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians

The rest of my Alts

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:14 pm 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

Blastor wrote:
I went through that option page when I was installing the forum in my webspace Mess.

Wasn't as easy for me as it sounds...

But if you're unhappy about the forum design or you want change it slightly I think The Kinetrical Man has to be consulted...

for some reason i never seen this post must be going blind. yea kin would have to be consulted as its his forum but its always nice to know how to do these things

is the forum still active on your web space B perhaps you or some one could play about with that then if we get a hold of kin we can show him what were talking about.

Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians

The rest of my Alts

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

I also tried and it didnt work Ebon.

And Zos, I have no objection to any change. I just think we should consult Kin for any modification on the forum page (that also includesthe software version Mess)...

The Intrepids:

The Institution:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:25 pm 
Professor

wierd.. worked for me in both firefox and Internet Exploder.

I'll double check on my home system tonight :(

*EDIT*
OK, the wierdness gets better. I tried it on another XP box (the Intrepids TS server, which is back up btw, after an IP conflict chaos over the past few days when I've been off work). It didn't work... so I poked around in the options looking for how to switch it on.. there was nothing. I kinda expected that, as I thought it was default behaviour... and now it automagically works. :?

I have no explanation.. but will try to probe further. For now I'll go so far as to say it may work.

Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker

Legends

Institution
Taze lvl 17 Brute

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:34 pm 

Blimey!!! You lot can certainly post!! hehehe

Try this....

Log into the Forum Admin Panel and under the STYLES ADMIN section select "management"

A Sytles Administration page appears listing your currently loaded Styles (or templates if you prefer)

Select edit for the template that you have chosen for your forum.

About half way down the page you will see three Font Size options.....can't remember which one is which, but you can change them all to a little larger and see if it works? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:51 pm 
Site Admin

Thats not the problem Betty.

Before continuing further, lets talk about our SGs history briefly :) :

Our SG was founded by 3 people, they are: The Kinetrical Man (Gravitron), Deceiver (Natural Disaster) & Mess (Tosara). Names in brackets are actually original names of the founders, but they scrapped those characters afterwards. Anyway, Deceiver left without informing anyone, and we hope she'll come back soon. The Kinetrical Man, I don't know, hit his head onto a wall or something, he suddenly decided to play World of Warcraft. He'll be back eventually. His user name is sySTEm in this forum. So, our only active founder is Mess (Tainted Mess) atm...

This forum page belongs to The Kinetrical Man. He upgraded my account to admin so I can deal with problems related to CoH & CoV. He, on the other hand, deals with WoW related problems.

Therefore, any modification affecting the whole forum should be addressed to him first...

The Intrepids:

The Institution:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:07 am 

oh :?

erm....

hmm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:43 am 
The Little Manic

Meybe we should include a "History of the Intrepid's" post or article on the page ... might look interesting actually. :D

Zoser

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:46 am 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

Lol Dec's a he blast not a she

Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians

The rest of my Alts

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:10 am 
Site Admin

Deceiver is a female character Mess. I don't say he when I talk about Girl Fusion for instance...

The Intrepids:

The Institution:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:42 am 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

ah ok i thought you were referring to dec the person not dec the character

Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians

The rest of my Alts

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:04 pm 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

Ok just so every one knows I've started pissing about with a institution color scheme i had hoped i would be able to simply switch the colors of the current style to yellows and blacks but many of the couors are embedded into the actual layout and not so simple to change. so don't expect to see anything ground braking any time soon

what you can do the now tho is switch styles so for those who like betty cant see all that well you can switch to the sub silver onemade large so betty can see it :P

Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians

The rest of my Alts

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:13 pm 

OOoo that's handy! *stops squinting* :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:08 pm 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

ill even see about changing the stupid logo that's in the corner tho not sure if i can get at that bit so blast or kin will probably have to do that. I'm also gonna try changing the sizes on the main intrepid theme to make them a little bigger but if its like the rest of the style its probably locked as part of it.

Mess
(who has a sneaking suspicion that he'll end up ripping the quidditch style to bits and putting all back together again)

Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians

The rest of my Alts

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!