THE INTREPIDS & THE INSTITUTION WEBPAGE

It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: So i made a new char (troller)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:32 am 
Barbie Girl

she's gona be all fire,being fire,thermal,fire

having already established that my defence will be a pushover we'l roll straight on to offence :p,my problem is between ring of fire and hotfeet.

atm the combo i'm going for is cages,melt armor and bonfire ,but singletarget is down to char and my question is should i drop hot feet and get ring of fire or just cuddle up close and pray to my hearts content :p

i will be taking eight of the fire powers ,all of the thermal,combatjumping,sj,the holy fitnes trinity,firebal and fire shield so its realy down to the one power :p

i am to be honnest most excited about having three firey fully buffed versions of doom incarnate :p

Mess wrote:
"We need animal costumes"

Gravity is a harsh mistress

Post subject: Re: So i made a new char (troller)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:03 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Meg,

After selecting all Thermal powers, CJ & SJ, 3 from Fitness Powers and 2 from Fire Epic, there are 8 powers left to be chosen.

Fire Cages and Bonfire are your chain powers and I'm sure you'll get Fire Imps, so 5 powers left.

Between obligatory lvl1 powers, I'd personally go with Char, because it'll take 2x Ring of Fire or 2x Char to mez a boss (or an opponent in PvP) and I prefer to see my opponent held rather than immobilised, so 4 powers left...

I'd definitively get Flashfire to disorient/damage multiple foes, and Smoke to initiate the alpha strike easier and to TH debuff multiple foes, so 2 powers left...

I got Hot Feet on Blastor' secondary and I think it's a good control power. Because it greatly reduces movement speed and mobs try to escape instead of attacking the caster, which can work well with your AoE immobilise power. So I'd like to keep it.

As for the last power selection, I'd prefer going with something which affects all powers in the build, such as Hasten to help recharge essential powers faster, or Assault to boost the damage of all attacks...

The Intrepids:
Blastor-Level 50 Energy/Fire/Electrical Blaster, Dr. Blast-Level 50 Robotics/Force Field/Mace Mastermind, Holy Blast-Level 50 Peacebringer, Blasting Spines-Level 50 Spines/Regeneration/Body Scrapper, Heatblast-Level 50 Invulnerability/Fiery/Pyre Tanker, Fire Blast-Level 50 Fire/Kinetics/Leviathan Corruptor, Thunder Steel-Level 50 Ninja/Ninjitsu/Mu Stalker, Israfel the Fallen-Level 50 Sonic/Thermal/Dark Corruptor, Blastor Ascended-Level 50 Psychic/Energy/Force Blaster, Fright-Level 50 Kinetic/Dark Armour/Energy Brute, Calibro-Level 50 Dual Pistols/Radiation/Power Corruptor, Nlidia-Level 50 Gravity/Storm/Ice Controller.

The Institution:
Admiral Blast-Level 50 Energy/Energy/Mace Brute, Darkest Blast-Level 50 Mind/Psionic/Leviathan Dominator, Arbiter Blast-Level 50 Crab/Mace Arachnos Soldier, Unmerciful Steel-Level 50 Dual Blades/Willpower/Soul Brute, Mind Blaster-Level 50 Dark Miasma/Psychic/Psychic Defender, Blastor Reborn-Level 50 Ice/Electric/Force Blaster, Superiora-Level 50 Invulnerability/Super Strength/Energy Tanker, Gaia Queen-Level 50 Plant/Empathy/Stone Controller, Shadow Seer-Level 50 Fortunata/Soul Arachnos Widow, Zamana-Level 50 Time/Beam Rifle Defender, Wild Raven-Level 50 Will Power/Street Justice/Energy Tanker, Nlador-Level 50 Titan/Fiery Brute.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:17 pm 
Professor

Did they make big changes to bonfire? You guys are talking about it like it's standard part of the attack chain.

I guess with Fire Cages laid down first it would no longer throw the bad guys around like crazy, but I don't recall its damage being particularly great... and a mob of bad guys immob'd are going to be shooting back like crazy.

Bonfire is one of those powers I constantly switch in and out on Second Sun since I find it very situational (but then I he's /rad, which is a very different kettle of fish to /thermal).

Ring of Fire does have very good ST damage (even if it is DoT).

Official Chiefette Translator
----------------------------------
Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker
Synaptic Pulse lvl25 Defender

Legends
Ebon Hawk (Claws/Regen Scrapper)
Girl Fusion (Empathy/Rad Blast Defender)
Zenobia Blade (Broadsword/Shield/Blaze Scrapper)
Pyrokyne (Fire/Kin/Mu Corruptor)
Blaize of Glory (Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster)
Silver Falcon (Tri-form Peacebringer)
Second Sun (Fire/Rad Controller)

Institution
Bitter Blizzard lvl 50 Corruptor
Taze lvl 17 Brute

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:01 pm 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

Bonfire = Bad in basic terms

While its a ok (ish) Aoe damage power and can with slotting be spammed on a regular interval its tendency to send things flying all over the shop is bad.

Its also not needed for fires AOE damage chain all u need is fire cages, the AOE disorientate, and the AOE hold with added hot feet and things should literally melt and while you wont have the kin buffs to up your damage out put thermal has some nice resistance debuffs which should make up for the the lack of kin.

As to single target its not that important my normal tactic with my fire/kin hit them with the distorter and then follow up with cages, rush in to start hot feet doing its job if there's anything still un mezzed hit the AOE hold and in between all this spam the single target hold on the highest ranking / most dangerous target.

Your gonna take some licks but that's why you have a heal so use it.

Also slot for damage i made the mistake of initially slotting for hold duration, recharge, and acc and its just not worth it for get duration and go for damage if there dead they don't need holding.

Basically Fire achives controll thrue the mobs being dead so slot and power pic to take full advantage of making them dead.

Angus(1), Mr Meccano(9), Hard Target(5), Big Zero(18), Anubis(9), Dummy(1)

CoH Globals: @MESS or @TRASH
Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians
Tainted Mess (50) Brute, TRASH (50) Brute, Magmite (50) Brute, Smelt Furnace (50) Brute

The rest of my Alts

Twitter (don't expect me to update it)

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:43 pm 
Site Admin

No first hand experience on Fire Control set but doesn't Fire Cages immobilise multiple enemies, as well as root them to the ground so they cannot be KB'd? If that's correct Fire Cage - Melt Armour - Bonfire would be a good attack chain Mess.

However, the deadly attack chain would be: Smoke - Fire Cage - Melt Armour - Flash Fire - Bonfire - Fire Ball, with Hot Feet on and Fire Imps :). It would be a chain with min. 1 minute intervals though, because with Hasten and 3 Recharge IOs the recharge time of Melt Armour could comes down to 56 seconds...

The Intrepids:
Blastor-Level 50 Energy/Fire/Electrical Blaster, Dr. Blast-Level 50 Robotics/Force Field/Mace Mastermind, Holy Blast-Level 50 Peacebringer, Blasting Spines-Level 50 Spines/Regeneration/Body Scrapper, Heatblast-Level 50 Invulnerability/Fiery/Pyre Tanker, Fire Blast-Level 50 Fire/Kinetics/Leviathan Corruptor, Thunder Steel-Level 50 Ninja/Ninjitsu/Mu Stalker, Israfel the Fallen-Level 50 Sonic/Thermal/Dark Corruptor, Blastor Ascended-Level 50 Psychic/Energy/Force Blaster, Fright-Level 50 Kinetic/Dark Armour/Energy Brute, Calibro-Level 50 Dual Pistols/Radiation/Power Corruptor, Nlidia-Level 50 Gravity/Storm/Ice Controller.

The Institution:
Admiral Blast-Level 50 Energy/Energy/Mace Brute, Darkest Blast-Level 50 Mind/Psionic/Leviathan Dominator, Arbiter Blast-Level 50 Crab/Mace Arachnos Soldier, Unmerciful Steel-Level 50 Dual Blades/Willpower/Soul Brute, Mind Blaster-Level 50 Dark Miasma/Psychic/Psychic Defender, Blastor Reborn-Level 50 Ice/Electric/Force Blaster, Superiora-Level 50 Invulnerability/Super Strength/Energy Tanker, Gaia Queen-Level 50 Plant/Empathy/Stone Controller, Shadow Seer-Level 50 Fortunata/Soul Arachnos Widow, Zamana-Level 50 Time/Beam Rifle Defender, Wild Raven-Level 50 Will Power/Street Justice/Energy Tanker, Nlador-Level 50 Titan/Fiery Brute.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:47 pm 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

It dose but it never hits every one and bonfire tends to knock things outside your range of damage and normally far anuff for the KB target to revert to ranged attacks which is bad the key to fire is to keep them all nice and bunched up so you can smite them all with your fiery wrath nice and quick.

Course bonfire with correct placement can be used to keep foes locked in corner so its not completely useless just not a sgood as you mite think.

Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians
Tainted Mess (50) Brute, TRASH (50) Brute, Magmite (50) Brute, Smelt Furnace (50) Brute

The rest of my Alts

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:48 pm 
Professor

Fire Cages does indeed root them, which is a bad thing in this circumstance, since as I mentioned earlier, standing imob'd foes are attacking you.

Mess' suggestion is better... bonfire really isn't a damage powerhouse... you get better milage from spamming Fire Cages (or as suggested, smoke -> Flashfire -> Fire Cages -> get your ass in there with Hot Feet running and spam Fire Cages/Fireball)

Official Chiefette Translator
----------------------------------
Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker
Synaptic Pulse lvl25 Defender

Legends
Ebon Hawk (Claws/Regen Scrapper)
Girl Fusion (Empathy/Rad Blast Defender)
Zenobia Blade (Broadsword/Shield/Blaze Scrapper)
Pyrokyne (Fire/Kin/Mu Corruptor)
Blaize of Glory (Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster)
Silver Falcon (Tri-form Peacebringer)
Second Sun (Fire/Rad Controller)

Institution
Bitter Blizzard lvl 50 Corruptor
Taze lvl 17 Brute

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:49 pm 
Barbie Girl

i simply like bonfire,she's a pyromancer :p

i was thinking along the lines of flashfire-doubletap cages-bonfire-fireball and finish whats left standing

the problem is that cages only protects from knockback the first 12 seconds of its duration

Mess wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:55 am 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

Yup tho cages has a 8 second recharge so keeping them within that 12 second space isn't that hard but if your applying cages every other move bonfire isn't really required

Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians

The rest of my Alts

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:23 am 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

Ok did a quick build just using standard IOs its very damage centric so i've skipped the single target heal, the rez and the grant status protection. I have however selected the 2 grantable armours as these can be applied to your imps to keep the little buggers alive for the same reason i've included forge being able to up the imps already pretty good damage out put seemed like a good idea.

All my slotting is slanted to wards damage so there's no hold or immobilise enhancements as with fire it seems better to kill them quick

Assaults just in there because that power selection was free and again it ups your damage.

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.4006
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Fire Control
Secondary Power Set: Thermal Radiation
Power Pool: Fitness
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Fire Mastery

Hero Profile:
------------
Level 1: Char Acc-I:50(A), Acc-I:50(29), Dmg-I:50(29), Dmg-I:50(31), EndRdx-I:50(31), EndRdx-I:50(31)
Level 1: Warmth EndRdx-I:50(A), EndRdx-I:50(27), Heal-I:50(27), Heal-I:50(40)
Level 2: Fire Cages EndRdx-I:50(A), EndRdx-I:50(3), Dmg-I:50(3), Dmg-I:50(5), Acc-I:50(5), Acc-I:50(7)
Level 4: Thermal Shield ResDam-I:50(A), ResDam-I:50(7), ResDam-I:50(46)
Level 6: Smoke ToHitDeb-I:50(A), ToHitDeb-I:50(37), EndRdx-I:50(37)
Level 8: Hot Feet EndRdx-I:50(A), EndRdx-I:50(9), Acc-I:50(9), Acc-I:50(11), Dmg-I:50(11), Dmg-I:50(13)
Level 10: Hurdle Jump-I:50(A)
Level 12: Flashfire RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(13), RechRdx-I:50(15), Acc-I:50(15), Acc-I:50(17), EndRdx-I:50(17)
Level 14: Health Heal-I:50(A), Heal-I:50(43)
Level 16: Combat Jumping EndRdx-I:50(A)
Level 18: Cinders RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(19), Acc-I:50(19), Acc-I:50(23), EndRdx-I:50(23), EndRdx-I:50(25)
Level 20: Stamina EndMod-I:50(A), EndMod-I:50(21), EndMod-I:50(21)
Level 22: Plasma Shield ResDam-I:50(A), ResDam-I:50(25), ResDam-I:50(46)
Level 24: Super Jump Jump-I:50(A)
Level 26: Acrobatics EndRdx-I:50(A)
Level 28: Bonfire RechRdx-I:50(A), Dmg-I:50(46)
Level 30: Forge RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(34), RechRdx-I:50(36)
Level 32: Fire Imps Dmg-I:50(A), Dmg-I:50(33), Dmg-I:50(33), Acc-I:50(33), Acc-I:50(34), Acc-I:50(34)
Level 35: Heat Exhaustion Acc-I:50(A), Acc-I:50(36), RechRdx-I:50(36), EndRdx-I:50(37)
Level 38: Melt Armor Acc-I:50(A), Acc-I:50(39), DefDeb-I:50(39), DefDeb-I:50(39), RechRdx-I:50(40), RechRdx-I:50(40)
Level 41: Fire Ball Dmg-I:50(A), Dmg-I:50(42), Acc-I:50(42), Acc-I:50(42), RechRdx-I:50(43), RechRdx-I:50(43)
Level 44: Fire Shield ResDam-I:50(A), ResDam-I:50(45), ResDam-I:50(45), EndRdx-I:50(45)
Level 47: Consume RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(48), Acc-I:50(48), Acc-I:50(48), EndMod-I:50(50), EndMod-I:50(50)
Level 49: Assault EndRdx-I:50(A), EndRdx-I:50(50)
------------
Level 1: Brawl Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest Empty(A)
Level 1: Containment

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1407;590;788;|
|>-JED]UOTF`4QM_R,63`@.&`=4-@'XZ-#4>\\>/"Q*F)R4C(LGBE+I5U4%,+MC71.V_|
|\WK_@G?H_&/\X/*?/`4J\M-F>WWK>YSSG[;NV\_9!6JGW]Y26.[(-SSL[&CJ^.[1MTX|
|UWC+[54PFE5'56G1A:CRS7G-S40^OWWUQ<M$X'IOO*L,].C'/+\*VADW_L4,ET_-;DC|
|W1W&*3XCNEYN#DVC9'E]+.3FW/3]0;6*`6G;?4'?O[AR.IA=L?P?--]5Z;][=+O!TW)|
|-8XKG=!6ZX)*@&N">AC6K"NJ4-(%6P%V@(_DTR1=@R$B0&Q,@)$+P$MJB:(K$MW'"G`|
|`?")#7`SQFT%I2X#TSV1(R-P$2E<$&+$HP/@TL$`MR6"[8Y5L!*4O=)N2H%039F!)@*|
|"<`$,2%)1!D);!2>P!15K)(D]E8?Y*QKR,R"-T68#0H@#VLCP'!14P(E*H!:6K<[!I<|
|47.:`7'5IX[Q!(EE&0K)3QMF4JK4EK%G&\4LX:2MH9M'>"TAK12D0$5K-2!3>"2#%5Y|
|L"IZ:O/`@]7G,**N#7FU-E#:U,.Q\B]^3;YM2=^&X;J@&L9.,XP?]%XUI*N!7>P*]##|
|VFF'\I*XF#CO:Q.GMSP-[^D6^5O#"C^,MM-X0Z&&T:V$LTZD?RMMRB*`VL!Z;?F;T0Y|
|<Z_J?2C4T_,:4%E<K,\U_7[_0D)WFR2'K*TF5YPO*4Y1G+<Q:#Y05+CV7\9]J=O<4;N|
|LURA^4NRR6;$OQII5C2+!F6)98L2XZEP%)DT5F^LXS_`F.<Y^D`|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians

The rest of my Alts

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:03 pm 
Barbie Girl

thats a nice build and tbh i'l look back at it when i'm doing my pvp build,i have been getting alot of mileage out of my single target heal,i like support ,especialy if i can do it from a disteance during av fights,av's who are also not suseptable to knockback,also if a scrapper dies on alpha,the rezz does nice damage :p

on the risk of sounding ungratefull the question was simply ring of fire or hot feet,since the issue came up yesterday i selected hot feet and i'l be running with it for now :)

my personal build is looking a bit wierd so tuning is needed,threeslotted cj and shield :p

Mess wrote: