THE INTREPIDS & THE INSTITUTION WEBPAGE

It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:32 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Respec Question
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:36 pm 

When you respec can you select which build to respec or do you have to respec both?
I want to respec my Empath’s second build, but not touch the first build.
[icon-xmas/icon_biggrin.gif]

Post subject: Re: Respec Question
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:46 am 
Professor

y'know, that's a good question.

I've never thought about it.

My gut feeling answer would be that it reset both builds, since if it just reset one I would have thought somebody would have moaned sufficiently about now needing 2 respecs to completely adjust a toon to balance changes that we would have noticed.

Copy the character to test and find out is probably my best suggestion.

Official Chiefette Translator
----------------------------------
Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker
Synaptic Pulse lvl25 Defender

Legends
Ebon Hawk (Claws/Regen Scrapper)
Girl Fusion (Empathy/Rad Blast Defender)
Zenobia Blade (Broadsword/Shield/Blaze Scrapper)
Pyrokyne (Fire/Kin/Mu Corruptor)
Blaize of Glory (Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster)
Silver Falcon (Tri-form Peacebringer)
Second Sun (Fire/Rad Controller)

Institution
Bitter Blizzard lvl 50 Corruptor
Taze lvl 17 Brute

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:59 am 

Gah... well i guess it would make sense that it does that [icon-xmas/icon_confused.gif]

I'll let you know when i find out [icon-xmas/icon_biggrin.gif]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:21 am 
Site Admin

Each build has to be treated as separated Betty. You cannot use one build's enhancements on the other one.

As for respec'ing, you have to select your active build by going to a trainer then go to the respec contact or use a free respec token by typing /respec. However, if you never used your second build before, a respec isn't necessary because once you select your second build as active you immediately become a level 1 toon, losing all power buttons on trays. Then you click the trainer 49 times for each level, but be careful, in that case there's no turning back if there's a mistake...

The Intrepids:
Blastor-Level 50 Energy/Fire/Electrical Blaster, Dr. Blast-Level 50 Robotics/Force Field/Mace Mastermind, Holy Blast-Level 50 Peacebringer, Blasting Spines-Level 50 Spines/Regeneration/Body Scrapper, Heatblast-Level 50 Invulnerability/Fiery/Pyre Tanker, Fire Blast-Level 50 Fire/Kinetics/Leviathan Corruptor, Thunder Steel-Level 50 Ninja/Ninjitsu/Mu Stalker, Israfel the Fallen-Level 50 Sonic/Thermal/Dark Corruptor, Blastor Ascended-Level 50 Psychic/Energy/Force Blaster, Fright-Level 50 Kinetic/Dark Armour/Energy Brute, Calibro-Level 50 Dual Pistols/Radiation/Power Corruptor, Nlidia-Level 50 Gravity/Storm/Ice Controller.

The Institution:
Admiral Blast-Level 50 Energy/Energy/Mace Brute, Darkest Blast-Level 50 Mind/Psionic/Leviathan Dominator, Arbiter Blast-Level 50 Crab/Mace Arachnos Soldier, Unmerciful Steel-Level 50 Dual Blades/Willpower/Soul Brute, Mind Blaster-Level 50 Dark Miasma/Psychic/Psychic Defender, Blastor Reborn-Level 50 Ice/Electric/Force Blaster, Superiora-Level 50 Invulnerability/Super Strength/Energy Tanker, Gaia Queen-Level 50 Plant/Empathy/Stone Controller, Shadow Seer-Level 50 Fortunata/Soul Arachnos Widow, Zamana-Level 50 Time/Beam Rifle Defender, Wild Raven-Level 50 Will Power/Street Justice/Energy Tanker, Nlador-Level 50 Titan/Fiery Brute.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:29 am 
Professor

Ok B, so it sounds like using a respec only respecs your 'active' build.

Which ought to mean that since the introduction of alternate builds they should be handing out 2 freespecs every time they make power changes which justify handing out a freespec, since people will have 2 builds to change :wink:

Official Chiefette Translator
----------------------------------
Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker
Synaptic Pulse lvl25 Defender

Legends
Ebon Hawk (Claws/Regen Scrapper)
Girl Fusion (Empathy/Rad Blast Defender)
Zenobia Blade (Broadsword/Shield/Blaze Scrapper)
Pyrokyne (Fire/Kin/Mu Corruptor)
Blaize of Glory (Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster)
Silver Falcon (Tri-form Peacebringer)
Second Sun (Fire/Rad Controller)

Institution
Bitter Blizzard lvl 50 Corruptor
Taze lvl 17 Brute

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:08 am 
Site Admin

Ebon Hawk wrote:
Ok B, so it sounds like using a respec only respecs your 'active' build.

That's a "oui"...

Ebon Hawk wrote:
Which ought to mean that since the introduction of alternate builds they should be handing out 2 freespecs every time they make power changes which justify handing out a freespec, since people will have 2 builds to change :wink:

I totally agree, that would be only fair, however, I don't know how free respec tokens work since the introduction of second builds. Maybe it's one free respec for each build. But to be honest, I'm not that interested about second builds that much. I heavily invest on set IO builds and the difference between a set IO build and a regular SO build is very noticeable even in PvE that I don't wanna play with an SO build, I can't afford 2 set IO builds per toon anyway, both in terms of influence and time. So, I usually design one all-round set IO build per toon to enjoy all aspects of the game.

The Intrepids:
Blastor-Level 50 Energy/Fire/Electrical Blaster, Dr. Blast-Level 50 Robotics/Force Field/Mace Mastermind, Holy Blast-Level 50 Peacebringer, Blasting Spines-Level 50 Spines/Regeneration/Body Scrapper, Heatblast-Level 50 Invulnerability/Fiery/Pyre Tanker, Fire Blast-Level 50 Fire/Kinetics/Leviathan Corruptor, Thunder Steel-Level 50 Ninja/Ninjitsu/Mu Stalker, Israfel the Fallen-Level 50 Sonic/Thermal/Dark Corruptor, Blastor Ascended-Level 50 Psychic/Energy/Force Blaster, Fright-Level 50 Kinetic/Dark Armour/Energy Brute, Calibro-Level 50 Dual Pistols/Radiation/Power Corruptor, Nlidia-Level 50 Gravity/Storm/Ice Controller.

The Institution:
Admiral Blast-Level 50 Energy/Energy/Mace Brute, Darkest Blast-Level 50 Mind/Psionic/Leviathan Dominator, Arbiter Blast-Level 50 Crab/Mace Arachnos Soldier, Unmerciful Steel-Level 50 Dual Blades/Willpower/Soul Brute, Mind Blaster-Level 50 Dark Miasma/Psychic/Psychic Defender, Blastor Reborn-Level 50 Ice/Electric/Force Blaster, Superiora-Level 50 Invulnerability/Super Strength/Energy Tanker, Gaia Queen-Level 50 Plant/Empathy/Stone Controller, Shadow Seer-Level 50 Fortunata/Soul Arachnos Widow, Zamana-Level 50 Time/Beam Rifle Defender, Wild Raven-Level 50 Will Power/Street Justice/Energy Tanker, Nlador-Level 50 Titan/Fiery Brute.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:50 pm 

I can confirm the above :mrgreen:

It was my second build that i wanted to respec so i selected the build at the trainer and went to Galaxy to respec it.

Indeed you can only respec one build with one token. I'm not sure if that's fair to those that dont have zillions of spare respecs through thier veteran rewards... :?

Anyway i completed the respec. Now i need to test him out. I might bring him this thursday :) I am worried my endurance will let me down, but we'll see...