THE INTREPIDS & THE INSTITUTION WEBPAGE

It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: A NEW VISION FOR MY VISION: Help needed!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:02 pm 

Dear Mighty Trepids.

After nearly five years playing the game I've finally got around to doing (which means planning) a Warshade. What I'm struggling with is fitting all the best powers in. This is the second time I've done this toon and this time I've taken more time than ever on the build - having realised a couple of points:

1) there are way too many great power options on a Warshade than you can sensibly squeeze in.
2) you can create an incredibly tough (beyond the resistance cap) group toon with good damage and fair -recharge/-speed debuffs also thrown in.

What I can't yet see is how to cram the fitness set in as well all the other powers I want - and I don't even want to take Dark Nova or Black Dwarf!

Here's what we're looking at:

OK, so he is one of my Marvel knock-offs - with a twist - and he is 'inspired by' the fantastic original member of the Mighty Avengers but I want him to have a very similar feel/range of abilities - which most famously of all included the ability to transform himself into substance harder than diamond or become weighless and drift off through the sky, through walls, etc. He did have, from memory, some kind of laser eye blast - and so hopefully you can see that a Warshade gives him the almost complete power-set he needs. The big exception being hover/fly which you can't take with a Warshade. Why NCSoft thought this would be a good idea completely defeats me but there you go.

Dark Nova and Black Dwarf powers are out partly because I don't like them but mostly because The Vision is not some part-time inky, flying alien/thing that can sometimes convert himself into a giant Dwarf. No!

Must-have powers for the Vision are:

1) Ebon Eye - the laser eye part
2) All the resistance toggles - the Vision must be as hard as diamond.
3) Nebulous Form - to allow him to revert to a nebulous being. This power is do nearly perfect. If only it gave you flight instead of jump!
4) Shadow Cloak - seems to fit the vision for my Vision.

I'll post up an outline for build in the next post but the questions/observations I have over Warshades are:

A) Dark Sustenance: Looks amazing a free passive. Is it as good in practice as it looks on paper? According to Mid's it provides a 10% resistance buff to all tyes (including psi and toxic!) as well as "10%" status buff effect for Stun, Fear, Sleep, Held, Confuse and Toxic. Is that right? And what to they mean by "10%"? Also "Your Damage Resistance will increase for each nearby tanker, mastermind, corruptor or defender". According to Mid's the extra buff is 10%! So two teammates = damage resistance of 30%! That's amazing. A 4-5 man team of the right kind makes a Warshade tougher than a tank (with psi and toxic restistance thrown in) when you add those stats to your other resistance toggles. Are these figures right? Anyone else done a pure "human-form" Warshade like this? Obviously The Vision isn't human but you know what I mean. ;-)

B) Eclipse: Same kind of question. This also looks like an amazing power with a huge resistance and endurance buff - but based on nearby foes. According to Mid's a five-man mob, say, will increase resistance to 56% (without any slots) and endurance by 125%. Are these figures right? With a 90 second duration and 300 second recharge that's an amazingly strong power. With the new team settings (and eclipse) a Warshade could presumably walk round a +8 mob mission solo (from lvl 38 upwards at least)?

C) Stygian Circle: also great on paper. 3 health slots + 1 dead foe = a 272% heal every 30 seconds? 3 end mods on the same power = a 40% end boost every 30 seconds too. And no acc check needed either? I can't think of many other powers that provide that kind of flow of health and endurance quite so easily? Is Mid's basically right on this?

D) Inky Aspect: I would be tempted to squeez this into the build to as in a big mob the Vision should be tough enough and have enough self-heal to run this power centre-square in my mob groups - unless anyone thinks this power sucks?

E) Gravic Emanation: I like the sound of this power. a mag 3 cone stun has got to be handy but Mid's thinks' the duration is only 2 seconds - which surely can't be right?

F) Stamina/Fitness pool: Looks like I might be able to survive higher levels without it but it seems very hard to squeeze stamina in with all the other 'must-have' powers on offer. It's a shame NC don't do the build-toggle feature that Champions Online has.

So by my reasoning I should be able to create almost exactly what I want for my Vision: an incredibly tough (tanker-tough) blaster with many of the abilities (except being able to fly in android form) of the original.

Feedback, tips and experience with 'human-form' Warshade tanking and blasting would be highly appreciated. Thanks guys.

X

[b]MrX Heroes: MrX Lvl 50 warshade. | MIND0R Lvl 50 mind/emp troll | The-Messenger Lvl 50 BS/regen scrap | Covert Lvl 42 kin/pys def | .Relic Lvl 42 illu/emp troll | Havoc Lvl 42 kin/elec def | The-Elemental Lvl 39 storm/dark def | Unsung Lvl 38 dark/regen scrap | WRENCH Lvl 34 shield/wrench tank | The Watcher Lvl 15 earth/rad troller | Villains: FR0STBITE Lvl 50 ice/kin corr | Dark-X Lvl 47 dark/stone brute | N'Ice Lvl 42 ice/rad corr | Vortex Lvl 42 robotics/storm MM | ShadowBaby Lvl 41 claws/regen stalk | The Cloak Lvl 41 energy/energy stalk | Thang Lvl 39 robotics/FF MM | IonFist Lvl 34 energy/ninjitsu stalk | The Somnabulist Lvl 33 dark/nec MM | Mr Kripplin Lvl 32 rad/rad corr | M0RBIUS Lvl 20 necro/poison MM | The Infrigidator Lvl 20 ice/cold corr

Last edited by MrX on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: THE VISION: HELP NEEDED
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:03 pm 

This is my powers-wishlist + cramming stamina in there (but don't know where/how yet):

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.621
http://www.cohplanner.com/

THE VISION: Level 50 Science Warshade
Primary Power Set: Umbral Blast
Secondary Power Set: Umbral Aura
Power Pool: Speed

Hero Profile:
------------
Level 1: Ebon Eye Acc(A), Acc(3), Dmg(5), Dmg(11), Dmg(42)
Level 1: Absorption ResDam(A)
Level 2: Shadow Bolt Acc(A), Acc(3), Dmg(7), Dmg(11), Dmg(42)
Level 4: Gravimetric Snare Acc(A), Acc(5), Dmg(9), Dmg(15), Dmg(17), RechRdx(42)
Level 6: Shadow Blast Acc(A), Acc(7), Dmg(9), Dmg(15), Dmg(23), RechRdx(40)
Level 8: Gravity Shield ResDam(A), ResDam(17), ResDam(25)
Level 10: Hasten RechRdx(A), RechRdx(21), RechRdx(23)
Level 12: Dark Detonation Acc(A), Acc(13), Dmg(13), Dmg(25), Dmg(31), RechRdx(36)
Level 14: Super Speed EndRdx(A)
Level 16: Shadow Cloak EndRdx(A)
Level 18: Gravity Well Acc(A), Acc(19), Hold(19), Hold(43), Hold(43), RechRdx(43)
Level 20: Essence Drain Acc(A), Acc(21), Heal(27), Heal(27), Heal(31), RechRdx(33)
Level 22: Penumbral Shield ResDam(A), ResDam(29), ResDam(29)
Level 24: Nebulous Form EndRdx(A)
Level 26: Stygian Circle Heal(A), Heal(33), Heal(33), EndMod(34), EndMod(34), EndMod(34)
Level 28: Gravitic Emanation Acc(A), Acc(31), Dsrnt(36), Dsrnt(45), RechRdx(46), RechRdx(48)
Level 30: Unchain Essence Acc(A), Acc(36), Dmg(37), Dmg(37)
Level 32: Quasar Acc(A)
Level 35: Stygian Return Heal(A), Heal(37)
Level 38: Eclipse Acc(A), Acc(39), RechRdx(39), RechRdx(39), RechRdx(40), ResDam(40)
Level 41: Sunless Mire Acc(A), Acc(45), Dmg(45), Dmg(46)
Level 44: Dark Extraction Acc(A), Acc(46)
Level 47: Twilight Shield ResDam(A), ResDam(48), ResDam(48)
Level 49: Inky Aspect Acc(A), Acc(50), Dsrnt(50), Dsrnt(50)
------------
Level 1: Brawl Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest Empty(A)
Level 1: Dark Sustenance
Level 1: Ninja Run Empty(A)
Level 10: Shadow Recall Empty(A)
------------

[b]MrX Heroes: MrX Lvl 50 warshade. | MIND0R Lvl 50 mind/emp troll | The-Messenger Lvl 50 BS/regen scrap | Covert Lvl 42 kin/pys def | .Relic Lvl 42 illu/emp troll | Havoc Lvl 42 kin/elec def | The-Elemental Lvl 39 storm/dark def | Unsung Lvl 38 dark/regen scrap | WRENCH Lvl 34 shield/wrench tank | The Watcher Lvl 15 earth/rad troller | Villains: FR0STBITE Lvl 50 ice/kin corr | Dark-X Lvl 47 dark/stone brute | N'Ice Lvl 42 ice/rad corr | Vortex Lvl 42 robotics/storm MM | ShadowBaby Lvl 41 claws/regen stalk | The Cloak Lvl 41 energy/energy stalk | Thang Lvl 39 robotics/FF MM | IonFist Lvl 34 energy/ninjitsu stalk | The Somnabulist Lvl 33 dark/nec MM | Mr Kripplin Lvl 32 rad/rad corr | M0RBIUS Lvl 20 necro/poison MM | The Infrigidator Lvl 20 ice/cold corr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:43 am 
Professor

Hmmm.. never looked in detail at Warshades, but a few general comments re Khelds in general:

RES cap of them is the same as every other non-tanker, 75% so whilst it's relatively easy to RES cap with them in a team of the right composition that cap isn't all that high. Plus the base HP isn't that high either iirc. My human form PB can be pretty tough, but she's not in tanker leagues, by a fair way.

The reason WS can't take fly is the same as the reason why PB's can't take Teleport.... it's the province of the other Kheldian AT and they are somehow 'incompatible' with it. No, it doesn't really make much sense, but hey ho.

Other than that you'll need to talk to somebody who's taken a WS past lvl 8 :wink:

Official Chiefette Translator
----------------------------------
Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker
Synaptic Pulse lvl25 Defender

Legends
Ebon Hawk (Claws/Regen Scrapper)
Girl Fusion (Empathy/Rad Blast Defender)
Zenobia Blade (Broadsword/Shield/Blaze Scrapper)
Pyrokyne (Fire/Kin/Mu Corruptor)
Blaize of Glory (Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster)
Silver Falcon (Tri-form Peacebringer)
Second Sun (Fire/Rad Controller)

Institution
Bitter Blizzard lvl 50 Corruptor
Taze lvl 17 Brute

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:35 am 

Thanks Ebon. Good point about the HP cap. Reminds me of anther question I had re Black Dwarf form: According to Mids it has a 75% HP boost - but if you swap into then out again is the HP boost taken away again? Mids also suggests that the Damage Resitance cap is 85% - is that just plain wrong and the same for all toons?

Do we know anyone else that does have a high lvl human-form WS? I'm still pretty keen on the toon.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:23 pm 

Well guys (this might be just you and me Ebon) ...

I found a good (well written but dated) guide to Warshades that confirms quite a few details you can't get from Mid's. Extracts below. Liny here:

linky: http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin ... 6558/40118

For one, the guide states, as others have, that Warshade do have a 85% resistance cap:

Warshades have a unique powers available from level 1 which will buff you up
depending on your team-mates. This power only works in human form - if it was
available in the energy forms, we would be insanely overpowered. Different ATs
will buff you as follows;

Scrappers/Blasters - Damage buff
Tankers/Defenders - Resistance buff
Controllers - Mez protection buff

The buff is applied for every member of the team. If you are lucky enough to be
in a team composed only of Defenders and Tankers, you will take next to no
damage in human form. In a Scrapper/Blaster heave team, you can out-damage
the Blasters and Scrappers themselves. This bonus relies on having team-mates
providing a buff within 300' or so - don't get cocky by trying to solo a huge
group while your Tanker/Defender buddies go the other direction down the map!

Some tips here on Warshade strategies makes interestnig reading too:

How do your powers fit together? Well, as a Warshade, you are now in control of
the only AT in the game who can reach the damage, accuracy AND resistance caps
without the help of a single other player. This isn't something you can do all
the time, but when you do, it's impressive.

My favourite strategy combines several of my powers together. I will ask my team
to stay back (I hate interference =]), switch on Shadow Cloak and Nebulous Form,
run into the dead centre of a huge spawn. While my team are wondering what I am
doing, I drop Nebulous, hit Eclipse (which puts me to the resistance cap), then
switch to Dwarf form and trigger Black Dwarf Mire. As soon as it finishes, I
change back to human form and trigger Sunless Mire (putting me to damage and
accuracy caps since the Mire buffs stack), then trigger Quasar. A fully damage
capped explosion is a wonder to behold. Then, if something is still able to
move, I drop a blue inspiration (Quasar drops my endurance), target one of the
many corpses around the place, wait for the remaining enemies to arrive, and
hit Unchain Essence (while both Mires are still going). No more bad guys.

The Vision is now lvl 14 and fun. Cant' wait to start testin him in some big teams though and with some of my key buffs running, Sunless Mire and Eclipse.

X

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:55 pm 
Site Admin

Hey X,

I don't know much about Warshade powers, but as far as HP caps go, Human Form is considered equal to blaster/defender AT, and Dwarf form to scrapper AT. So the maximum HP you can get in human form is 1600, and 2400 in dwarf form.

Warshades fit better to teams, more than Peacebringers in my opinion. They have essential AoE debuff and damage powers, whereas Peacebringers are mostly about single damage. But because of this reason again, WSs are tougher to play solo compared with PBs, and in your case, you don't consider including Dwarf Form in the build.

I understand the concept issue behind the creation of this toon, but I also think that a Kheldian offers the most fun when played in 3-form. And assuming that The Vision might be your one & only Kheldian in the game, maybe you can consider developing 2 builds at once, including both Nova & Dwarf forms in solo build, and going with a complete human form in the second build for team play.

The Intrepids:
Blastor-Level 50 Energy/Fire/Electrical Blaster, Dr. Blast-Level 50 Robotics/Force Field/Mace Mastermind, Holy Blast-Level 50 Peacebringer, Blasting Spines-Level 50 Spines/Regeneration/Body Scrapper, Heatblast-Level 50 Invulnerability/Fiery/Pyre Tanker, Fire Blast-Level 50 Fire/Kinetics/Leviathan Corruptor, Thunder Steel-Level 50 Ninja/Ninjitsu/Mu Stalker, Israfel the Fallen-Level 50 Sonic/Thermal/Dark Corruptor, Blastor Ascended-Level 50 Psychic/Energy/Force Blaster, Fright-Level 50 Kinetic/Dark Armour/Energy Brute, Calibro-Level 50 Dual Pistols/Radiation/Power Corruptor, Nlidia-Level 50 Gravity/Storm/Ice Controller.

The Institution:
Admiral Blast-Level 50 Energy/Energy/Mace Brute, Darkest Blast-Level 50 Mind/Psionic/Leviathan Dominator, Arbiter Blast-Level 50 Crab/Mace Arachnos Soldier, Unmerciful Steel-Level 50 Dual Blades/Willpower/Soul Brute, Mind Blaster-Level 50 Dark Miasma/Psychic/Psychic Defender, Blastor Reborn-Level 50 Ice/Electric/Force Blaster, Superiora-Level 50 Invulnerability/Super Strength/Energy Tanker, Gaia Queen-Level 50 Plant/Empathy/Stone Controller, Shadow Seer-Level 50 Fortunata/Soul Arachnos Widow, Zamana-Level 50 Time/Beam Rifle Defender, Wild Raven-Level 50 Will Power/Street Justice/Energy Tanker, Nlador-Level 50 Titan/Fiery Brute.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:42 pm 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

Hey Ho

Well i have a shade and he's a royal pain in the ass either he's a god or he's a wet paper bag there is no middle ground with him.

shades are very um parasitic/symbiotic in the way they work against huge mobs they can thrive as you can drive your res up to the cap and also leach energy from the dead get it right and you can move from mob to mob with no need for the health or stamina course get it wrong and your dead quicker than you can say "oh s**t" that's where a team comes in you can start at the back let them take the heat while you get into the swing of things and then move to the front and then should things go wrong you can let the team take the heat again.

I would say take the forms especially in the early game they'll be a god send.

Angus(1), Mr Meccano(9), Hard Target(5), Big Zero(18), Anubis(9), Dummy(1)

CoH Globals: @MESS or @TRASH
Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians
Tainted Mess (50) Brute, TRASH (50) Brute, Magmite (50) Brute, Smelt Furnace (50) Brute

The rest of my Alts

Twitter (don't expect me to update it)

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:19 pm 

Mess wrote:
I would say take the forms especially in the early game they'll be a god send.

Hey Mess. Great to hear from you bud. I thought we'd lost you - for a while. I think that's good advice and from you too Blast - popping the tri-form in my second build.

Mess: how far did you get with your Shade? I can just see that there's some really great powers that deliver what you're saying but now we can play solo with big mobs, I can only imagine, so far, that humna-form Warshades can begin to get more aggressive from lvl 16-18ish (with the Sunless Mire and Dark Detonation begining to stack well together) and from lvl 22 again with Stygian Circle begining to deliver some big heals/endurance. I can see that power providing some "fine line" decisions (with the extra buffs stepping up based the number of dead bodies around you)?

Unchain Essence also looks pretty tastey for big mob demolition - from lvl 26 upwards too.

What I gleamed from that link I placed was also that many powers (and presumably all the pool powers - including fitness - only apply to human form). So I still have a "really-tough" blaster vision for my Vision who will probably wade through low level but big mobs when solo and revert to a more tankerish build (still in human-form) with a big mob/big team build to get the best out of Dark Sustenance + my other toggles.

We should get you back on to team up Mess. :D

PS Anyone know for sure if Warshades do or do not have a 85% resistance cap?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:23 pm 
Site Admin

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Resistance_Cap#Damage_Resistance

The above link says 90% resist cap for tankers & brutes, 85% for Epic Hero & Villain ATs, and 75% for other ATs.

The Intrepids:
Blastor-Level 50 Energy/Fire/Electrical Blaster, Dr. Blast-Level 50 Robotics/Force Field/Mace Mastermind, Holy Blast-Level 50 Peacebringer, Blasting Spines-Level 50 Spines/Regeneration/Body Scrapper, Heatblast-Level 50 Invulnerability/Fiery/Pyre Tanker, Fire Blast-Level 50 Fire/Kinetics/Leviathan Corruptor, Thunder Steel-Level 50 Ninja/Ninjitsu/Mu Stalker, Israfel the Fallen-Level 50 Sonic/Thermal/Dark Corruptor, Blastor Ascended-Level 50 Psychic/Energy/Force Blaster, Fright-Level 50 Kinetic/Dark Armour/Energy Brute, Calibro-Level 50 Dual Pistols/Radiation/Power Corruptor, Nlidia-Level 50 Gravity/Storm/Ice Controller.

The Institution:
Admiral Blast-Level 50 Energy/Energy/Mace Brute, Darkest Blast-Level 50 Mind/Psionic/Leviathan Dominator, Arbiter Blast-Level 50 Crab/Mace Arachnos Soldier, Unmerciful Steel-Level 50 Dual Blades/Willpower/Soul Brute, Mind Blaster-Level 50 Dark Miasma/Psychic/Psychic Defender, Blastor Reborn-Level 50 Ice/Electric/Force Blaster, Superiora-Level 50 Invulnerability/Super Strength/Energy Tanker, Gaia Queen-Level 50 Plant/Empathy/Stone Controller, Shadow Seer-Level 50 Fortunata/Soul Arachnos Widow, Zamana-Level 50 Time/Beam Rifle Defender, Wild Raven-Level 50 Will Power/Street Justice/Energy Tanker, Nlador-Level 50 Titan/Fiery Brute.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:21 am 

Blastor wrote:
http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Resistance_Cap#Damage_Resistance

The above link says 90% resist cap for tankers & brutes, 85% for Epic Hero & Villain ATs, and 75% for other ATs.

Thanks Blast. That's exactly what I was looking for. The nofuture.org site seems long gone for this kind of thing.

X

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:14 am 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

Lost me no never I'm just having a extended brake while new stuff gets added to CoH as i was getting pretty board of it ill be back for GR being released maybe before as the CoH gods keep sending me emails with tempting offers.

85% sounds right thing is though its hard to maintain that constantly as your relying on Sunless mire which needs to hit several mobs to get that resistance and there's nothing worse than firing it of and it missing.

Um cant remember what level ferex got to was definitely into the 30s possibly even the 40s actually now that i think about it he was definitely past 38 as im 99% sure i had tried all the powers. He went through lots of different builds first a duel form of human and lobster then a human form then a tri form and then another tri form build, the tri forms were by far the most successful the key seeming to be to dance between the form as there needed which i suppose is how a shape shifter should operate shifting form to best suit situation and team make up.

Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians
Tainted Mess (50) Brute, TRASH (50) Brute, Magmite (50) Brute, Smelt Furnace (50) Brute

The rest of my Alts

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:38 am 

Thanks Mess. Look forward to seeing you back mate. It looks like I will include the Black Dwarf option now - and possibly in both builds. To hit the resistance cap it's Eclipse that needs to hit (+10% per mob hit) + the epic special Dark Sustenance (with suitable teammates) that will get The Vision towards the cap.

The gameplan in mind seems to be hit Black Dwarf form, TP into the mob and taunt plus -range them with Black Dwarf Antagonize, hit Black Dwarf Mire (for the damage bonus) and BD Drain (for a quick heal) perhaps killing a low-level mob first, then drop into human form, grab another damage buff through Sunless Mire before whacking the mob with Unchain Essence then Dark Detonation before healing and end boosting up again (through Stygian Circle). I can see it's going to be fun trying to get that all working like that!

Hopefully see you soon Mess. You still COing much? Haven't seen you back on twitter for a while either.

X

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 am 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

I've been in CO a bit over the last few days playing with the new costume options but nothing serious been reading mostly which also inspired me to dig out some of my 40K stuff and see if i could still paint little plastic men but all my plastic men were all painted so i had to buy some more but then i had no glue so have had to order glue which is special order so i decided as i had dug all the stuff out i would try sculpting something I then lost interest.

So end result 2 boxes of plastic men (well monsters but lets not discriminate) not painted, glue on special order, and a some half sculpted things so not overly productive but it was fun while it occupied me I may even revisit it when the glue arrives.

As for twitter yea kinda lost interest in that as I'm not on the PC as much i don't tend to update it I'm sure ill come back round to it eventually.

Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians

The rest of my Alts

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:23 pm 

Damn! I've been a fool. Was chatting to AnnaP tonight and teaming with his Peacebringer. I somehow hadn't spotted that Peacebringers have humna-flight and even phased flight! Doh. That's The Vision almost to a T.

I'm going to have restart The Vision as a PB and come up with a new name for Warshade. I can't beleive I missed that. PB's even have Glinting Eye to replace Ebon Eye. Human-form PB's also seem to have their fair share of self heal and have a Dull Pain like power. I can't believe I somehow missed all that.

Back to the drawing board! :D

X

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:48 pm 

All sorted. I've had to be radical. The Vision simply had to be a Peacebringer because of human-form flight and quantumn flight - soooo Vision like. I like having build up in there too so The Vision is now a Peacebringer!

More radically, I wanted to keep my Warshade and a shape-shifting extraterrastial oddity a Warshade is the perfect set of powers for the ever-mysterious, extraterrastial creater that is ...

MrX! And guess who might be Going Rogue - with more back story revealed - in the near future. Or is it his past? You never know with MrX!

PS Who is MrX?

It didn't occur to me until it hit me tonight (when I was trying to sleep) that I always wanted MrX to be more powerful, more mysterious, and more magnificent. I think the Warshade set will give him all that - and some more. I'm really enjoying - and MrX has been re-spawned as a lvl 18 Warshade!

Now I know what you're thinking. Same as me earlier. What happens to the old MrX? MrX, an excellent mind/empath in case you've forgotten, who is is always looking and minding after other folk, has been reborn as MIND0R! Get it? He's you perfect MINDOR. He'll be re-imagined soon and put to good use as my latest lvl 50 while I get MrX back there too.

Should be fun.

Thanks to AnnaPuna (and Betty/Rapier) for being this evening's inspiration for all that.

See you guys soon.

X

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:40 am 
Site Admin

Now with a PB you can easily solo in Human Form, but again, I think you should design a tri-form build as a second build to maximise the fun. Human Form, with all available shields, self-heals and a good mix of decent melee&ranged attacks, both single&AoE, is very effective in large teams, still it cannot act like a tanker but would perform better than a scrapper with all bonus buffs gained by teammates.

PBs also get a nice, fast-recharging ally heal power as well. So with all that, you can undertake the role of a scrapper, blaster or a defender quite easily according to the team. Plus, that cloudy aura look you wanted for The Vision can also be achieved with Light Form. But too bad, you cannot change the power colours of Kheldians.

The Intrepids:

The Institution:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:00 am 

Blastor wrote:
... too bad, you cannot change the power colours of Kheldians.

I saw taht Blast. Thought it was a mistake. Seems a weird one. Next priority is to get MrX back up to 50! That took me over 2 years first time round! :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:19 am 

We are happy to apply some subtle manipulation to change your mind :wink:

AP
PS: Did the bruise on your head heal already after that tanksmasher hit you on the head?

CoV (lvl 50): Mistress of Souls (Mastermind), Mistress of Roses (Dominator), Rising Nova (Corruptor), Annie last Words (Stalker), Sister Silk (Fortunata), Sister Inquisitor (Widow), Metal Mynx (Brute), Static Shutdown (brute)

DC Online:
PvE: Airstrike (level 12 Hero, Tanker), Catastrophe (level 25 Villain, Healer)
PvP: Ghost Games (level 12 Hero, Controller)

CO: AnnaPuna (26), Annihilator (12), , Crimson Shadow (22), Enforcer (13), Law of the Dead (12), Reaper (13), Yeti (14), Slither (12), Penny Playful (14)

Aion: Aiyana (Spiritmaster)/Gorgos, Lilyth (Chanter)/Perento, Lilyth (Chanter)/Telemachus

"May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine."
Frank Sinatra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:50 am 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

MrX wrote:
Blastor wrote:
... too bad, you cannot change the power colours of Kheldians.

I saw taht Blast. Thought it was a mistake. Seems a weird one. Next priority is to get MrX back up to 50! That took me over 2 years first time round! :D

I believe its because squids share there powers with there NPC counterpart so they first have to create/copy a hole new set of animations for the player squids before they can be customisable its the same for granite armour and i think mastermind pets.

Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians

The rest of my Alts

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!

Post subject: Re: A VISION FOR MY VISION: Help needed!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:18 pm 
Professor

X... you were aware that you can buy a rename token weren't you?

So you could have renamed the current MrX to Mindor, then created the new MrX (PB).

Granted it would have cost you about £5, but would have saved you having to level 2 toons up when you already had a perfectly servicable 50.

Of course if you weren't aware of that then I hope you don't feel too #-o

Of course if this is all still in the planning stages then I put this forward as a proposal of action :wink:

Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker

Legends

Institution
Taze lvl 17 Brute

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:41 pm 

Ebon Hawk wrote:
X... you were aware that you can buy a rename token weren't you?

Already done, paid for, applied and new costumes all altered for all three.

In fact, I was also thinking of this last night, as NC Soft seem to have run out of ideas for Vet rewards, how bout a FREE rename token for every toon on account (for a very high level reward). Shall we petition them? :D

It is actually really exciting to be playing MrX again as a lvl 17 toon but with an awesome and aggresive powerset that also feels a lot more MrX than mind/empath ever did.

X
PS Thanks Anna. The Vision's (and now MrX's) head is still recovering.
PPS Blast: the plan for The Vision is not to be a tanker but to be as tough as one and as spanky as a blaster too. It can only be fun. Reminds of why I never get on with the blaster AT so much. The secondaries are all so naff compared to the primaries and you're as flimsy as hell.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:51 pm 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

[quote="MrX"]

It is actually really exciting to be playing MrX again as a lvl 17 toon but with an awesome and aggresive powerset that also feels a lot more MrX than mind/empath ever did.
/quote]

This is what i think ill do when i come back to CoH ill re-roll MESS as probably a stone/stone brute and play him up thru the GR stuff moving from villain to hero perhaps.

Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians

The rest of my Alts

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:13 pm 

Mess wrote:
/quote]

This is what i think ill do when i come back to CoH ill re-roll MESS as probably a stone/stone brute and play him up thru the GR stuff moving from villain to hero perhaps.

Sounds great Mess. We can team again. Woot!

PS New idea: The Trepids Nouveau. We can all redo our namesake toons and start again. Stone/stone brute sounds very Mess. I like it already. :D

Post subject: Re: A NEW VISION FOR MY VISION: Help needed!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:26 pm 

-knockback recipes?

I know Blast knows which this is but I can see the biggest obstacle some of tough-as-a-tank plan here is that WSs and PBs have precious little of this in human form. Can anyone remind which recipes (or sets) would help with this scenario?

That's one IO/recipe set that I would spend time/money on.

X

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:09 pm 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

MrX wrote:
-knockback recipes?

I know Blast knows which this is but I can see the biggest obstacle some of tough-as-a-tank plan here is that WSs and PBs have precious little of this in human form. Can anyone remind which recipes (or sets) would help with this scenario?

That's one IO/recipe set that I would spend time/money on.

X

Not sure what your after X

PB and there darker kin can make good use of IOs not so much the sets but in franking slotting especially if your looking at a tri form build and want to get the most from the 3 forms Its pretty much necessary to franken slot the attacks to get decent mileage from them

Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians

The rest of my Alts

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:18 pm 

Mess wrote:
Not sure what your after X

Sorry my fault for nto being clearer. The Vision especially is going to play almost exclusively in human-form* and it's the human-form that lacks knockback and status protection. There are at least two unique recipes (or IO's) that provide knockback mag protection but I can't remember the name of them.

*And Warshades in particular have several great powers that you need to be in the middle of the action in human form to let them rip.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:34 pm 

I slotted the steadfast protection into Incandesance. That way you can have KB protection almost from the beginning. I think they cost varies from 5M-20M but you may not find the recipe for every available level.

AP

CoV (lvl 50): Mistress of Souls (Mastermind), Mistress of Roses (Dominator), Rising Nova (Corruptor), Annie last Words (Stalker), Sister Silk (Fortunata), Sister Inquisitor (Widow), Metal Mynx (Brute), Static Shutdown (brute)

DC Online:
PvE: Airstrike (level 12 Hero, Tanker), Catastrophe (level 25 Villain, Healer)
PvP: Ghost Games (level 12 Hero, Controller)

CO: AnnaPuna (26), Annihilator (12), , Crimson Shadow (22), Enforcer (13), Law of the Dead (12), Reaper (13), Yeti (14), Slither (12), Penny Playful (14)

Aion: Aiyana (Spiritmaster)/Gorgos, Lilyth (Chanter)/Perento, Lilyth (Chanter)/Telemachus

"May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine."
Frank Sinatra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:42 pm 

That's the one I was thinking of. Thanks AP. Can't remember the other one either.

X

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:48 pm 
Professor

Hmmm... I kinda like the Trepids Nouveau idea... although not sure what I would redo Ebon as (nor what I would rename the current Ebon to!)

Suggestions on a postcard (or as replies... should we start a new thread?.. I say we gauge interest first)...

Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker

Legends

Institution
Taze lvl 17 Brute

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:41 pm 
Forum Monkey
 YIM  Profile

I find a simple . helps so MESS would be MESS. :D or maybe you could go for one of those alternate but same kind of names so Ebon Dove :P or maybe Ivory Hawk or just Ivory Dove

or Iron Hawk (I suspect thats taken some how)

Heroes
MESS (50) Tank

Villians

The rest of my Alts

Catz wrote:
/em praise
You are God like!