THE INTREPIDS & THE INSTITUTION WEBPAGE

It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:01 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: A NEW VISION FOR MY VISION: Help needed!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:00 pm 

Ebon Hawk wrote:
Hmmm... I kinda like the Trepids Nouveau idea... although not sure what I would redo Ebon as (nor what I would rename the current Ebon to!)

Maybe the idea behind the Nouveau team would be 'which of your favourite toons (if not your signature toon) would you redo - and with what powers - if you had to redo from scratch?'

Would be great if we did all fancy a Marvel What-If redo of our fav toon. For me MrX abolutely had to look and feel the same basic toon with some core powers - but MrX's background (and backstory) does make him a shape-shifting alien with a 100% scientific basis (he is essentially back from the future and nobody knows who he is, what he is and what he's doing here - hence the name).

Who or what is Ebon Hawk? Does he the best powers that express that concept? Could something in his background have altered (or mutated) his basic powers? Has his alter-ego somehow got to him and alterered him for you? Or maybe the Nouveau Ebon Hawk is his twisted alter ego and is Going Rogue?

The thing that would be fun for me is teaming with clearly similar versions of original Trepid toons and doing it all over again. The Warshade version of MrX is superb for that. He has some great team-friendly features (well TP mostly ;-)) and would make a great 'corner-man' for us - with Mess taking the punches (and sihing out, blast blasting away, Zos also punching out big time. We might be able to get Sparkz back and some other old-timers?

EDIT: an obvious idea is to do a brute or stalker versin of him?

[b]MrX Heroes: MrX Lvl 50 warshade. | MIND0R Lvl 50 mind/emp troll | The-Messenger Lvl 50 BS/regen scrap | Covert Lvl 42 kin/pys def | .Relic Lvl 42 illu/emp troll | Havoc Lvl 42 kin/elec def | The-Elemental Lvl 39 storm/dark def | Unsung Lvl 38 dark/regen scrap | WRENCH Lvl 34 shield/wrench tank | The Watcher Lvl 15 earth/rad troller | Villains: FR0STBITE Lvl 50 ice/kin corr | Dark-X Lvl 47 dark/stone brute | N'Ice Lvl 42 ice/rad corr | Vortex Lvl 42 robotics/storm MM | ShadowBaby Lvl 41 claws/regen stalk | The Cloak Lvl 41 energy/energy stalk | Thang Lvl 39 robotics/FF MM | IonFist Lvl 34 energy/ninjitsu stalk | The Somnabulist Lvl 33 dark/nec MM | Mr Kripplin Lvl 32 rad/rad corr | M0RBIUS Lvl 20 necro/poison MM | The Infrigidator Lvl 20 ice/cold corr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:07 pm 
Site Admin

X, there are 3 IOs with KB Protection global bonus:
1)Steadfast Protection (Resist IO), as Anna mentioned
2)Karma (Defence IO)
3)Blessing of the Zephyr (Universal Travel set)
All with -4mag as far as I remember. So using 2 of these in your build would give you a scrapper-like KB Protection. I'm not sure about their market values, but Karma & Steadfast Protection should be affordable. Blessing of the Zephyr, on the other hand, should be very expensive.

In addition to this, there is 1 IO set also providing KB Protection:
1)Kinetic Crash (KB Set): Using 4 IOs from this set on one power provides -3mag KB Protection.
Kinetic Crash IOs should be very cheap, but PB powers with KB effect are generally damage powers, so you might wanna slot damage SOs, instead of wasting 4 slots for KB IOs.

As for Trepids Nouveau, already re-created Blastor (Energy/Fire) twice. As Blastor Reborn (Ice/Elec) with less damage and more mez for PvP, as opposed to original Blastor having just damage but no mez :). And as Blastor Ascended (Psy/Energy) with better damage/mez balance for PvP, but this was all before Dev's killed PvP :). Besides, I got no slot for a new toon, but I can join you with Calibro if it's ok.

The Intrepids:
Blastor-Level 50 Energy/Fire/Electrical Blaster, Dr. Blast-Level 50 Robotics/Force Field/Mace Mastermind, Holy Blast-Level 50 Peacebringer, Blasting Spines-Level 50 Spines/Regeneration/Body Scrapper, Heatblast-Level 50 Invulnerability/Fiery/Pyre Tanker, Fire Blast-Level 50 Fire/Kinetics/Leviathan Corruptor, Thunder Steel-Level 50 Ninja/Ninjitsu/Mu Stalker, Israfel the Fallen-Level 50 Sonic/Thermal/Dark Corruptor, Blastor Ascended-Level 50 Psychic/Energy/Force Blaster, Fright-Level 50 Kinetic/Dark Armour/Energy Brute, Calibro-Level 50 Dual Pistols/Radiation/Power Corruptor, Nlidia-Level 50 Gravity/Storm/Ice Controller.

The Institution:
Admiral Blast-Level 50 Energy/Energy/Mace Brute, Darkest Blast-Level 50 Mind/Psionic/Leviathan Dominator, Arbiter Blast-Level 50 Crab/Mace Arachnos Soldier, Unmerciful Steel-Level 50 Dual Blades/Willpower/Soul Brute, Mind Blaster-Level 50 Dark Miasma/Psychic/Psychic Defender, Blastor Reborn-Level 50 Ice/Electric/Force Blaster, Superiora-Level 50 Invulnerability/Super Strength/Energy Tanker, Gaia Queen-Level 50 Plant/Empathy/Stone Controller, Shadow Seer-Level 50 Fortunata/Soul Arachnos Widow, Zamana-Level 50 Time/Beam Rifle Defender, Wild Raven-Level 50 Will Power/Street Justice/Energy Tanker, Nlador-Level 50 Titan/Fiery Brute.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:49 am 

Blastor wrote:
X, there are 3 IOs with KB Protection global bonus:
1)Steadfast Protection (Resist IO), as Anna mentioned
2)Karma (Defence IO)
3)Blessing of the Zephyr (Universal Travel set)
All with -4mag as far as I remember. So using 2 of these in your build would give you a scrapper-like KB Protection. I'm not sure about their market values, but Karma & Steadfast Protection should be affordable. Blessing of the Zephyr, on the other hand, should be very expensive.

In addition to this, there is 1 IO set also providing KB Protection:
1)Kinetic Crash (KB Set): Using 4 IOs from this set on one power provides -3mag KB Protection.
Kinetic Crash IOs should be very cheap, but PB powers with KB effect are generally damage powers, so you might wanna slot damage SOs, instead of wasting 4 slots for KB IOs.

That's awesome Blast. Much appreciated. And would be great to see you any time with Calibro.

X

[b]MrX Heroes: MrX Lvl 50 warshade. | MIND0R Lvl 50 mind/emp troll | The-Messenger Lvl 50 BS/regen scrap | Covert Lvl 42 kin/pys def | .Relic Lvl 42 illu/emp troll | Havoc Lvl 42 kin/elec def | The-Elemental Lvl 39 storm/dark def | Unsung Lvl 38 dark/regen scrap | WRENCH Lvl 34 shield/wrench tank | The Watcher Lvl 15 earth/rad troller | Villains: FR0STBITE Lvl 50 ice/kin corr | Dark-X Lvl 47 dark/stone brute | N'Ice Lvl 42 ice/rad corr | Vortex Lvl 42 robotics/storm MM | ShadowBaby Lvl 41 claws/regen stalk | The Cloak Lvl 41 energy/energy stalk | Thang Lvl 39 robotics/FF MM | IonFist Lvl 34 energy/ninjitsu stalk | The Somnabulist Lvl 33 dark/nec MM | Mr Kripplin Lvl 32 rad/rad corr | M0RBIUS Lvl 20 necro/poison MM | The Infrigidator Lvl 20 ice/cold corr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:17 am 

Hi Blast/guys, along these lines; are there any sets that provide mag-based (or similar) status effects protection? holds and stuns being the biggest problems. I can't see how I could get the whole Acrobatics set in for that - but similar to the Vet reward/travel power at 60 months can we also take Acrobatics, Whirlwind and those other top-level pool powers (instead of the lvl 14 travel power)?

Any advise on the set options along these lines would be really appreciated and/or what ever you're using for source reference these days Blast?

X

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:36 am 
Professor

Can't comment on the Sets (Blast is the Oracle there)..

But I can be the bearer of bad news in that the 60 Month Vet reward (City Traveller) only changes the way you select travel powers, not the final power in those sets, so no change in how you get to pick Acrobatics, Whirlwind etc.

Official Chiefette Translator
----------------------------------
Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker
Synaptic Pulse lvl25 Defender

Legends
Ebon Hawk (Claws/Regen Scrapper)
Girl Fusion (Empathy/Rad Blast Defender)
Zenobia Blade (Broadsword/Shield/Blaze Scrapper)
Pyrokyne (Fire/Kin/Mu Corruptor)
Blaize of Glory (Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster)
Silver Falcon (Tri-form Peacebringer)
Second Sun (Fire/Rad Controller)

Institution
Bitter Blizzard lvl 50 Corruptor
Taze lvl 17 Brute

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:24 am 

Ebon Hawk wrote:
the 60 Month Vet reward (City Traveller) only changes the way you select travel powers, not the final power in those sets, so no change in how you get to pick Acrobatics, Whirlwind etc.

That would have been to good to be true. :D

PS have you tried unlocking the 4th pool power on any toon yet Ebon? I can't help wandering what happens if you unlock superjump at 6, say, do you then have to wait until lvl 14 for anything? And/or are you still forced to wait lvl 20 to unlock the 3rd/4th power?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:04 pm 
Site Admin

There's no mez protection set bonus in the invention system as far as I know X, there's only mez resistance bonus, which reduces the duration of the effect on the toon. But since all passive toggles (I mean self-buffing toggles, any toggle debuffing the enemy or buffing teammates are off while mezzed) are still up while mezzed, so it's not a big issue anymore as it was in the past.

As for 4th tier powers, nothing has changed about them. They're still lvl20 powers and they're unlocked when 2 other powers in the same set are included in the build. 60th month vet reward only unlocks 4x level14 travel powers at level6.

The Intrepids:
Blastor-Level 50 Energy/Fire/Electrical Blaster, Dr. Blast-Level 50 Robotics/Force Field/Mace Mastermind, Holy Blast-Level 50 Peacebringer, Blasting Spines-Level 50 Spines/Regeneration/Body Scrapper, Heatblast-Level 50 Invulnerability/Fiery/Pyre Tanker, Fire Blast-Level 50 Fire/Kinetics/Leviathan Corruptor, Thunder Steel-Level 50 Ninja/Ninjitsu/Mu Stalker, Israfel the Fallen-Level 50 Sonic/Thermal/Dark Corruptor, Blastor Ascended-Level 50 Psychic/Energy/Force Blaster, Fright-Level 50 Kinetic/Dark Armour/Energy Brute, Calibro-Level 50 Dual Pistols/Radiation/Power Corruptor, Nlidia-Level 50 Gravity/Storm/Ice Controller.

The Institution:
Admiral Blast-Level 50 Energy/Energy/Mace Brute, Darkest Blast-Level 50 Mind/Psionic/Leviathan Dominator, Arbiter Blast-Level 50 Crab/Mace Arachnos Soldier, Unmerciful Steel-Level 50 Dual Blades/Willpower/Soul Brute, Mind Blaster-Level 50 Dark Miasma/Psychic/Psychic Defender, Blastor Reborn-Level 50 Ice/Electric/Force Blaster, Superiora-Level 50 Invulnerability/Super Strength/Energy Tanker, Gaia Queen-Level 50 Plant/Empathy/Stone Controller, Shadow Seer-Level 50 Fortunata/Soul Arachnos Widow, Zamana-Level 50 Time/Beam Rifle Defender, Wild Raven-Level 50 Will Power/Street Justice/Energy Tanker, Nlador-Level 50 Titan/Fiery Brute.