THE INTREPIDS & THE INSTITUTION WEBPAGE

It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:33 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: What do you think about this / suggestions for powers?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:31 am 
The Little Manic

Hi y'all,

After some thought I came up with a name for my Pistols/Kin Corruptor for Praetoria: Old School Justice.
Do you think the name works? I am not fishing for compliments here, if you think it sounds daft, please let me know before I have played the character too long. :)

Also, if anyone would like to recommend a build for him, one without purple IOs in the mix, I would like it - but otherwise I go with my patented way of taking whatever power seems coolest at the time and respec if needed. :D

And finally, what is your honest opinion about the background I wrote? I have added it below:

You know my name.

If you ever opened a book or watched a film about what is now called the Old West, you have read my name there, probably even seen my face on that old, frayed and blurry photo. Sometimes I look at it and try to recognize myself, but I have changed too much, it seems.

I was the law in a time when chaos seemed to rule, when good people had to be afraid that some madman with a gun would do terrible things to them and their loved ones. Not in my town though - because I did what was necessary to keep it and its people safe.

This must have been why the Emperor assigned his best scientists and magicians with the task to bring me back from the dead today. He showed me the crimes that still happen every day despite his efforts to stop them. And he has been doing better than the other rules of this modern world, to be sure. The "modern" world, that has changed little from mine.

In the short time we met, I saw a kindred spirit. The renegade criminals call him Tyrant, some not realizing that he is the only one who stands between the people and utter chaos, others do and want him gone for this very reason. Bad people have not changed, nor will they ever. All they understand is violence and the only way to keep them in check is to speak their language.

Naturally I accepted the offer to join the Emperor's special police force, the Powers Division. The process of reviving me has increased my already legendary accuracy with firearms and I am also learning to control the mysterious energies that were used to restore my corpse to life.

Criminals be ready for some Old School Justice!

Zos

Level 50s in CoH - @zoser
Zoser (main), ElectroCute, CopyCatz, Fire.Fly, PaintItBlack, Kid Aurora, LittleJoe, Zoserino, Star.Born, Starchild, and Lightning.Strike

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

Post subject: Re: What do you think about this / suggestions for powers?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:32 am 

I don't like it Zos. You asked. You've got some great names/stories but I would say that's well under your normally high bar. Then again I don't like old west characters etc - or Roman ones. They just don't do it for me - so do discount entirely the feedback if so.

Having said that, if I were doing an wild west character I would go for something like RawHide or The Unforgiven - tipping a hat to our beloved Clinty babe.

In Unforgiven is taken you could always do UNF0RGIVEN (with a zero, which how I often do new toons)*

*You may have noticed that A LOT of ny toons have zeros in them! :)

X

[b]MrX Heroes: MrX Lvl 50 warshade. | MIND0R Lvl 50 mind/emp troll | The-Messenger Lvl 50 BS/regen scrap | Covert Lvl 42 kin/pys def | .Relic Lvl 42 illu/emp troll | Havoc Lvl 42 kin/elec def | The-Elemental Lvl 39 storm/dark def | Unsung Lvl 38 dark/regen scrap | WRENCH Lvl 34 shield/wrench tank | The Watcher Lvl 15 earth/rad troller | Villains: FR0STBITE Lvl 50 ice/kin corr | Dark-X Lvl 47 dark/stone brute | N'Ice Lvl 42 ice/rad corr | Vortex Lvl 42 robotics/storm MM | ShadowBaby Lvl 41 claws/regen stalk | The Cloak Lvl 41 energy/energy stalk | Thang Lvl 39 robotics/FF MM | IonFist Lvl 34 energy/ninjitsu stalk | The Somnabulist Lvl 33 dark/nec MM | Mr Kripplin Lvl 32 rad/rad corr | M0RBIUS Lvl 20 necro/poison MM | The Infrigidator Lvl 20 ice/cold corr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:53 am 
The Little Manic

X-man, thank you for the response - and since I wanted feedback, it would be rather poor form being insulted when an honest opinion is voiced. The problem I see with 'Unforgiven is that this is a pilot project by Cole recruiting uncompromising lawmen from the dead. So I felt the name and story should reflect that. Let me think on this ...
Zos

Level 50s in CoH - @zoser
Zoser (main), ElectroCute, CopyCatz, Fire.Fly, PaintItBlack, Kid Aurora, LittleJoe, Zoserino, Star.Born, Starchild, and Lightning.Strike

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:08 pm 
Barbie Girl

me personaly did not dissaprove so much as names with more then two words feel wierd to me ,the story seems loosely derived of justice in awakening ^^

Mess wrote:
"We need animal costumes"

Gravity is a harsh mistress