THE INTREPIDS & THE INSTITUTION WEBPAGE

It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: GuildWars 2: Release date 28th August
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:51 pm 

Been following this games progress with interest, and after preordering to try it out in the last couple of beta weekends must say I found it very enjoyable. Another beta weekend is coming up from the 20th of this month of July.

I'll be playing on the Gandara server, after applying to join the guild United Kingdoms - a guild I used to be a member of in EQ, before I played CoX, a long time ago. I'd love to be able to bring some friends along from the Intrepid's!

Villainous schemes devised by Arctic Annie (50 Dominator), Commander Kestra (50 Mastermind), H-Bombette (50 Corruptor), Madam Morgue (50 Stalker), Mindtrip (50 Dominator) and Supa Dupa Troll (50 Brute)

Post subject: Re: GuildWars 2: Release date 28th August
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:28 am 
Site Admin

It's weird, the game looks like WoW, LotRO or Aion but I'm suprisingly impressed and anxious to play it. Participated two beta-events & one stress test so far and I tried all available classes, each having a unique play style, but most importantly, they're all fun to play. Guess I'll start with an elemantalist though.

Anyway, I don't know the name of my server, I chose the first one available in the first beta event, and there are many french speakers around :).

I'll choose your server then Mini, and if your friends there are ok about it, me & Mono would like to join your guild.

The Intrepids:
Blastor-Level 50 Energy/Fire/Electrical Blaster, Dr. Blast-Level 50 Robotics/Force Field/Mace Mastermind, Holy Blast-Level 50 Peacebringer, Blasting Spines-Level 50 Spines/Regeneration/Body Scrapper, Heatblast-Level 50 Invulnerability/Fiery/Pyre Tanker, Fire Blast-Level 50 Fire/Kinetics/Leviathan Corruptor, Thunder Steel-Level 50 Ninja/Ninjitsu/Mu Stalker, Israfel the Fallen-Level 50 Sonic/Thermal/Dark Corruptor, Blastor Ascended-Level 50 Psychic/Energy/Force Blaster, Fright-Level 50 Kinetic/Dark Armour/Energy Brute, Calibro-Level 50 Dual Pistols/Radiation/Power Corruptor, Nlidia-Level 50 Gravity/Storm/Ice Controller.

The Institution:
Admiral Blast-Level 50 Energy/Energy/Mace Brute, Darkest Blast-Level 50 Mind/Psionic/Leviathan Dominator, Arbiter Blast-Level 50 Crab/Mace Arachnos Soldier, Unmerciful Steel-Level 50 Dual Blades/Willpower/Soul Brute, Mind Blaster-Level 50 Dark Miasma/Psychic/Psychic Defender, Blastor Reborn-Level 50 Ice/Electric/Force Blaster, Superiora-Level 50 Invulnerability/Super Strength/Energy Tanker, Gaia Queen-Level 50 Plant/Empathy/Stone Controller, Shadow Seer-Level 50 Fortunata/Soul Arachnos Widow, Zamana-Level 50 Time/Beam Rifle Defender, Wild Raven-Level 50 Will Power/Street Justice/Energy Tanker, Nlador-Level 50 Titan/Fiery Brute.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:48 pm 
Professor

Pre-ordered this on Blasts recommendation and have played in one beta weekend so far.

Very much enjoyed it to this point, certainly looking forward to the launch. Don't know how much time I'll get next weekend (moving house this weekend, with likely some overflow).

Will certainly look to head to the same server as you mention Mini, great to hear from you :D

Official Chiefette Translator
----------------------------------
Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker
Synaptic Pulse lvl25 Defender

Legends
Ebon Hawk (Claws/Regen Scrapper)
Girl Fusion (Empathy/Rad Blast Defender)
Zenobia Blade (Broadsword/Shield/Blaze Scrapper)
Pyrokyne (Fire/Kin/Mu Corruptor)
Blaize of Glory (Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster)
Silver Falcon (Tri-form Peacebringer)
Second Sun (Fire/Rad Controller)

Institution
Bitter Blizzard lvl 50 Corruptor
Taze lvl 17 Brute

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:35 pm 

Another fun weekend beta run.

Will be great to have you guys along too! We may be playing on the server called Desolation now instead, will keep you posted heh.

Villainous schemes devised by Arctic Annie (50 Dominator), Commander Kestra (50 Mastermind), H-Bombette (50 Corruptor), Madam Morgue (50 Stalker), Mindtrip (50 Dominator) and Supa Dupa Troll (50 Brute)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:30 pm 

Hey guys. How's the game shaping up? If you guys are there I'll have to join you! It would be rude not to, after all.

X

[b]MrX Heroes: MrX Lvl 50 warshade. | MIND0R Lvl 50 mind/emp troll | The-Messenger Lvl 50 BS/regen scrap | Covert Lvl 42 kin/pys def | .Relic Lvl 42 illu/emp troll | Havoc Lvl 42 kin/elec def | The-Elemental Lvl 39 storm/dark def | Unsung Lvl 38 dark/regen scrap | WRENCH Lvl 34 shield/wrench tank | The Watcher Lvl 15 earth/rad troller | Villains: FR0STBITE Lvl 50 ice/kin corr | Dark-X Lvl 47 dark/stone brute | N'Ice Lvl 42 ice/rad corr | Vortex Lvl 42 robotics/storm MM | ShadowBaby Lvl 41 claws/regen stalk | The Cloak Lvl 41 energy/energy stalk | Thang Lvl 39 robotics/FF MM | IonFist Lvl 34 energy/ninjitsu stalk | The Somnabulist Lvl 33 dark/nec MM | Mr Kripplin Lvl 32 rad/rad corr | M0RBIUS Lvl 20 necro/poison MM | The Infrigidator Lvl 20 ice/cold corr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:19 am 

Cool X =D

The developers have put a lot of thought into this game. Had to skip most of the cutscenes to avoid spoiling them for actual play later on. Your character choices in creation effect the flow of your personnel quest missions. Also had fun when I tried out the PvP (or WvWvW) areas of the game, something thats not usually my cup of tea. The graphics are also quite gorgeous even on my older graphics card.

Check out http://gw2.unitedkingdoms.org.uk/ and drop in your applications guys!

10 days to go before the 3-day headstart hits. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:36 pm 
Professor

Really looking forward to this kicking off now in just 4 days time :)

Wasn't organised enough to reserve names for GW2, so for now I've held off on putting in my guild application until I know what names I can get. I'll be sure to look you up (and be sure to create toons on Desolation)

Hopefully there will be a few Trepids diving into this :D

Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker

Legends

Institution
Taze lvl 17 Brute

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:58 am 

Sorry Zos, as impressed as I eventually was The Secret World I love the scope and ambition of this game as suspect the combination of a action-orientated gameplay + personal story lines + huge multi-player PVP zones (something I always longed for in MMOs) + lots of character options/personalisation + a one-off and no subs payment system + nice-looking game (in World of Warcrafty way) looks like an unbeatable combination for my purse and limited time to play current status.

Just ordered this so hopefully see you in-game soon guys.

Blast: are you and Mono set-up to play on Desolation too? I'll head that way in that case.

Zoser: Come on, we'll have to see you there too. It's only £34 (for lifetime membership too ;-). Hopefully Betty and Trepids will give this a spin too.

X
EDIT: Hopefully we can get Tomorrow Man on here too.

[b]MrX Heroes: MrX Lvl 50 warshade. | MIND0R Lvl 50 mind/emp troll | The-Messenger Lvl 50 BS/regen scrap | Covert Lvl 42 kin/pys def | .Relic Lvl 42 illu/emp troll | Havoc Lvl 42 kin/elec def | The-Elemental Lvl 39 storm/dark def | Unsung Lvl 38 dark/regen scrap | WRENCH Lvl 34 shield/wrench tank | The Watcher Lvl 15 earth/rad troller | Villains: FR0STBITE Lvl 50 ice/kin corr | Dark-X Lvl 47 dark/stone brute | N'Ice Lvl 42 ice/rad corr | Vortex Lvl 42 robotics/storm MM | ShadowBaby Lvl 41 claws/regen stalk | The Cloak Lvl 41 energy/energy stalk | Thang Lvl 39 robotics/FF MM | IonFist Lvl 34 energy/ninjitsu stalk | The Somnabulist Lvl 33 dark/nec MM | Mr Kripplin Lvl 32 rad/rad corr | M0RBIUS Lvl 20 necro/poison MM | The Infrigidator Lvl 20 ice/cold corr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:20 am 
Professor

This is looking like there should be a good few Trepids in GW2, hopefully all on the Desolation server.

Seriously looking forward to this :D

Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker

Legends

Institution
Taze lvl 17 Brute

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:47 pm 
Site Admin

X,

We are set for GW2 Mono & I. And I already joined Mini's guild on their webpage.

I might be busy during weekend, but I'll definitively see you ingame on Monday.

The Intrepids:
Blastor-Level 50 Energy/Fire/Electrical Blaster, Dr. Blast-Level 50 Robotics/Force Field/Mace Mastermind, Holy Blast-Level 50 Peacebringer, Blasting Spines-Level 50 Spines/Regeneration/Body Scrapper, Heatblast-Level 50 Invulnerability/Fiery/Pyre Tanker, Fire Blast-Level 50 Fire/Kinetics/Leviathan Corruptor, Thunder Steel-Level 50 Ninja/Ninjitsu/Mu Stalker, Israfel the Fallen-Level 50 Sonic/Thermal/Dark Corruptor, Blastor Ascended-Level 50 Psychic/Energy/Force Blaster, Fright-Level 50 Kinetic/Dark Armour/Energy Brute, Calibro-Level 50 Dual Pistols/Radiation/Power Corruptor, Nlidia-Level 50 Gravity/Storm/Ice Controller.

The Institution:
Admiral Blast-Level 50 Energy/Energy/Mace Brute, Darkest Blast-Level 50 Mind/Psionic/Leviathan Dominator, Arbiter Blast-Level 50 Crab/Mace Arachnos Soldier, Unmerciful Steel-Level 50 Dual Blades/Willpower/Soul Brute, Mind Blaster-Level 50 Dark Miasma/Psychic/Psychic Defender, Blastor Reborn-Level 50 Ice/Electric/Force Blaster, Superiora-Level 50 Invulnerability/Super Strength/Energy Tanker, Gaia Queen-Level 50 Plant/Empathy/Stone Controller, Shadow Seer-Level 50 Fortunata/Soul Arachnos Widow, Zamana-Level 50 Time/Beam Rifle Defender, Wild Raven-Level 50 Will Power/Street Justice/Energy Tanker, Nlador-Level 50 Titan/Fiery Brute.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:58 pm 

Grrrr. I can't believe it. I'm never ordering from game.co.uk again. They screwed up the delivery so that my pre-release game client arrives after the actual release date and now Desolation is full too guys.

I'm going to have to pick another server to start. It seems that server transfers need a fee, sensibly, but I'm not even sure it's available yet anyway.

Let me know how Desolation goes and/or if you guys fancy a rebase somewhere else.

I can't tell you how much I'm fuming here!

X

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:49 am 
The Little Manic

Hey,

Sorry to hear about your troubles with Game, X - hopefully you will manage to sneak into the Desolation server.
As for me joining, this is not going to happen, I'm afraid - it is down to either TSW or GW2 and nothing the latter could possibly offer would compensate for the pure enjoyment that the former is for me.

Plus "world-of-war-crafty" graphics are actually more a negative for me ... I hate the look of WoW with a never-dying passion! And this goes for the design as much as for the abysmal graphics engine. :D

Zos

Level 50s in CoH - @zoser
Zoser (main), ElectroCute, CopyCatz, Fire.Fly, PaintItBlack, Kid Aurora, LittleJoe, Zoserino, Star.Born, Starchild, and Lightning.Strike

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:34 am 
Professor

Hey X

So sorry to hear of your problems. For what it's worth, server transfers are currently free and they just apparently increased server population caps across the board. I'd have a go at moving your home server to desolation again. Fingers crossed you get there.

Zoser, trust me you'd love GW2. The community is great, the dynamic events mean that there's always something going on you can just jump into and help out with and I'd say the looks are more Aion that WoW.

Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker

Legends

Institution
Taze lvl 17 Brute

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:39 am 
 WWW  Profile

think ill be picking this up asap guys so i can join in on the action, one question though... can you now jump lol?

Supes' 50 Family:

Super Electrode - Blaster
Warrior Electrode - Scrapper
Electrode Storm - Controller
Captain liberty Jr - Tank
Captain Snowspeed - Defender
Fallout Electrode - Corrupter
Ninja Electrode - Stalker

-------------------------------------------------
Holy Electrified Furballs!!!
Go Super Team Electrode!!!

--------------------------------------------------
@Electrode

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:48 am 
Professor

yup, jumping is in.... as is swimming (including underwater) :D

Intrepids
LOx lvl27 Tanker

Legends

Institution
Taze lvl 17 Brute

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:56 am 
 WWW  Profile

ha awesome thats me sold!

Supes' 50 Family:

Super Electrode - Blaster
Warrior Electrode - Scrapper
Electrode Storm - Controller
Captain liberty Jr - Tank
Captain Snowspeed - Defender
Fallout Electrode - Corrupter
Ninja Electrode - Stalker

-------------------------------------------------
Holy Electrified Furballs!!!
Go Super Team Electrode!!!

@Electrode

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:07 pm 
The Little Manic

If CoH should really die, I would need a place where I can meet the other Intrepids, so the chances have just gone up ... :')
Zos

Level 50s in CoH - @zoser
Zoser (main), ElectroCute, CopyCatz, Fire.Fly, PaintItBlack, Kid Aurora, LittleJoe, Zoserino, Star.Born, Starchild, and Lightning.Strike

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)