THE INTREPIDS & THE INSTITUTION WEBPAGE

It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: The SG Costume Challenge! (TSGCC)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:28 pm 
The Little Manic

Why we are doing this?
Since we have so many creative people in the SG, we would like to challenge them to come up with an SG costume.

How will it be decided?
The winning costume will be decided by SG vote.

What are we (as SG) looking for?
The winning costume must be exciting, fun, distinctive, impressive, awe-inspiring, maybe professional, make other peeps want to join us and make us all feel proud to 'don the shirt'. :lol:

Will I be forced to wear this costume?
Just to avoid misunderstandings: NOONE will be forced to generate or wear the SG costume!
But we as leaders do encourage it's use - esspecially on SG nights - and knowing our creative minds, the costume will be so cool that most people will want it anyway! :D

What are the rules?
1. The costume has to be designed with basic costume part so it can be created by anyone. So Good vs. Evil, or veteran rewards are out.
2. Our SG Colours are purple and lime green and they must appear in the costume.
3. Our SG symbol stays as is.
4. It has to go with all body types; female, male, huge. Should that not be possible, please put forward the modified versions for each body type.
5. Items like hair style, moustaches, skin colour which are character attributes and which have nothing to do with the costume should be excluded.
6. Head details (as long as they're available to all) will be acceptable.
7. Even though not every starting player will have access to capes, you can make one part of the design, so that new players still have something to look forward to.
8. You explicitly _can_ submit more than one design if you want!

A word to the wise:
I would suggest to keep in mind, that some members at least will want to still have individual touches to their costume. If you make the design too uniform and restrictive, they may not like it. :)

How do I put my costume forward?
You design the costume and note down the options you selected. Then you take screenshots (front AND back!) from within the costume editor (with each body type) email them in to me together with the list of options to select in order to get your costume.
After the closing date all costumes will be posted by me and the poll will be opened.

How do we vote?
The leaders will make sure that the few small guidelines are observed before the costumes are put to a vote. There will be one vote per member. Please log in to the forum to cast your vote.

Voting rules.
Provided we have enough costumes in the content, we will publish all of them on our forum and you can vote there. If the results are close, we will have a second or maybe (hopefully) even a third round.

Timescales
Costume designes can be sent in as of now until Wednesday, February 21st. I will then post the list of costumes and open the vote in a new thread.
The winner will be announced during our SG night on Tuesday, March 06th.

What can I win?
The winner gets a special forum title, a nice sum of influence (let us surprise you *g*) and he/she will be mentioned on the webpage's related new section about the SG costume guideline.

What happens if I do not 'win'?
While the winning costume naturally will stand in the limelight, all the other costumes will be published as well - probably like the older versions of the Batman costume in the Batcave.

If you have any questions, please ask one of us. And please remember, this is supposed to be a fair fun contest - no pinching each other with the scissors! :D

Level 50s in CoH - @zoser
Zoser (main), ElectroCute, CopyCatz, Fire.Fly, PaintItBlack, Kid Aurora, LittleJoe, Zoserino, Star.Born, Starchild, and Lightning.Strike

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

Last edited by Zoser on Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:03 am, edited 9 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:39 pm 

Cool. :D

[b]MrX Heroes: MrX Lvl 50 warshade. | MIND0R Lvl 50 mind/emp troll | The-Messenger Lvl 50 BS/regen scrap | Covert Lvl 42 kin/pys def | .Relic Lvl 42 illu/emp troll | Havoc Lvl 42 kin/elec def | The-Elemental Lvl 39 storm/dark def | Unsung Lvl 38 dark/regen scrap | WRENCH Lvl 34 shield/wrench tank | The Watcher Lvl 15 earth/rad troller | Villains: FR0STBITE Lvl 50 ice/kin corr | Dark-X Lvl 47 dark/stone brute | N'Ice Lvl 42 ice/rad corr | Vortex Lvl 42 robotics/storm MM | ShadowBaby Lvl 41 claws/regen stalk | The Cloak Lvl 41 energy/energy stalk | Thang Lvl 39 robotics/FF MM | IonFist Lvl 34 energy/ninjitsu stalk | The Somnabulist Lvl 33 dark/nec MM | Mr Kripplin Lvl 32 rad/rad corr | M0RBIUS Lvl 20 necro/poison MM | The Infrigidator Lvl 20 ice/cold corr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:29 pm 

Sweet--> *runs of to the ultimate fashion laboratory to start designing :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:07 pm 
SG Costume Kitty
 WWW  Profile

Ok im taking the final screenshots. But heres a good idea :) How about when you put the voting up don't put who designed it. Stops people being biased. Don't need to if you don't want to :D

Catz

City of Heroes 50's
Catz [Tanker], Blazeix [Brute], White Fox [Triform Peacebringer]
Champions Online
Catz [37 Might/Sorcery], Deus [15 Power Armour/Munitions]

World of Warcraft
Avalei [85 Frost Death Knight] [Server: Defias Brotherhood],Ahlorian [85 Protection Paladin], Ayrn [83 Frost Deathknight], Avali [85 Fury Warrior] [Server: Argent Dawn]
DC Universe
Catz [14 Ice/Brawling Tank]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:20 pm 

You scared lil pussycat? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:18 pm 
The Little Manic

Catz has been reading my mind ... O.o

The plan has always been to post the costume as "Costume A" and the like ... :D

Zoser

Zoser (main), ElectroCute, CopyCatz, Fire.Fly, PaintItBlack, Kid Aurora, LittleJoe, Zoserino, Star.Born, Starchild, and Lightning.Strike

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:53 pm 
SG Costume Kitty
 WWW  Profile

Zoser wrote:
Catz has been reading my mind ... O.o

The plan has always been to post the costume as "Costume A" and the like ... :D

Zoser

:wink: What can i say, Great minds think like Zoser

Catz

City of Heroes 50's
Champions Online

World of Warcraft
Avalei [85 Frost Death Knight] [Server: Defias Brotherhood],Ahlorian [85 Protection Paladin], Ayrn [83 Frost Deathknight], Avali [85 Fury Warrior] [Server: Argent Dawn]
DC Universe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:18 pm 

damn catz got there before me! as i was reading the rules i was about to mention anomynity but guess no need now :D

Lauren:
Blaze: 50: Fire/Trick Arrow/Fire
Frost: 50: Ice/Storm/Ice
Hellfire: 50: Fire/Kinetic/Fire
Mage: 50: Illusion/Force Field/Psionic
Newton: 50: Gravity/Radiation/Psionic
Peace: 50: Mind/Empathy/Primal Forces
Shriek: 50: Gravity/Sonic/Psionic
Stone: 50: Earth/Kinetic/Earth

Also:

Bloom: 49: Plant/Rad/Earth
Melt: 40: Ice/Thermal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:47 am 
The Little Manic

Hello,

Just a reminder for all the little knitters and needlecrafters: it is 7 days to go for you to send in your cossies to taskor@gmx.net! :D

Zoser

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:54 am 

Thanks Zos. I've got a bunch of idea down but I gotta say it's pretty tough to create a stand-out look that everyone could use. I have one variation I like but I need to find a few more using the same idea. I'll zap mine through asap. :P

[b]MrX Heroes: MrX Lvl 50 warshade. | MIND0R Lvl 50 mind/emp troll | The-Messenger Lvl 50 BS/regen scrap | Covert Lvl 42 kin/pys def | .Relic Lvl 42 illu/emp troll | Havoc Lvl 42 kin/elec def | The-Elemental Lvl 39 storm/dark def | Unsung Lvl 38 dark/regen scrap | WRENCH Lvl 34 shield/wrench tank | The Watcher Lvl 15 earth/rad troller | Villains: FR0STBITE Lvl 50 ice/kin corr | Dark-X Lvl 47 dark/stone brute | N'Ice Lvl 42 ice/rad corr | Vortex Lvl 42 robotics/storm MM | ShadowBaby Lvl 41 claws/regen stalk | The Cloak Lvl 41 energy/energy stalk | Thang Lvl 39 robotics/FF MM | IonFist Lvl 34 energy/ninjitsu stalk | The Somnabulist Lvl 33 dark/nec MM | Mr Kripplin Lvl 32 rad/rad corr | M0RBIUS Lvl 20 necro/poison MM | The Infrigidator Lvl 20 ice/cold corr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:42 am 
The Little Manic

You are more than welcome to submit more than one design - so send 'em over! :D

Zoser

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:34 am 
The Little Manic

Reminder:
Tomorrow night the submissions for the Intrepid's SG Costume Competition will close! If you have not done so until now, please send me your costume designs (for details check the first post in this thread) to taskor@gmx.net! :)

Zoser

TSW - Zoser (Arcadia)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:51 pm 
Puppy

Catz wrote:
Stops people being biased.

:(

Ferdinette- Level 50 Robot/Dark Mastermind
Thalia- Level 50 Earth/Storm Controller
The Real True Catz Fan, accept no imitations

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:29 pm 
SG Costume Kitty
 WWW  Profile

Chiefette wrote:
Catz wrote:
Stops people being biased.

:(

You can be biased whether you like it or not!
Also Z loving the quote ;) Hehe

Catz

City of Heroes 50's
Champions Online

World of Warcraft
DC Universe

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]